Best Bat for base hitters

flashnando

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not going to lie and say that I hit bombs over 500FT. My team only has 2 legit HR hitting threats and the rest of us are base hitters.

Which bat is best for a base hitting team that doesn't look to smash it out of the park. I see bats out there for like $300 but there are a few that are $100 like the Combat Rusty Bumgardner.

We don't want to break the bank but we want something good.

Also we have learned that it is very important which balls you hit, if you hit crap balls you can have an $800 bat and hit it as hard as you want and only get a pop fly to the pitcher.

Advice?

-Six-

Weiner
I'm not going to lie and say that I hit bombs over 500FT. My team only has 2 legit HR hitting threats and the rest of us are base hitters.

Which bat is best for a base hitting team that doesn't look to smash it out of the park. I see bats out there for like $300 but there are a few that are $100 like the Combat Rusty Bumgardner.

We don't want to break the bank but we want something good.

Also we have learned that it is very important which balls you hit, if you hit crap balls you can have an $800 bat and hit it as hard as you want and only get a pop fly to the pitcher.

Advice?

i wanna see an 800 dollar bat. Does it come with a vagina you can **** or something?

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
facepalm.jpeg

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
You need a linedrive bat for sure, avoid any bat that has power in the name those don't work good for line drives.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Just stay away from the new 2014 Easton MC Hammer BD that comes with a free greatest hits CD. The BD stands for Bomb Dropper.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
You got it backwards chief. The weak hitters need the best bat, not the other way around.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly I think it is easier to place with a slower swing, so I would suggest a heavy bat with a long barrel. I have some wooden bats that fit the bill, bit no ASA stamp.

rpw019

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly you want something balanced, not endloaded. after that everyone will have their preferences as far as manufacturer. I would stick to something lighter as well, a 26 or 27oz max.

redneck1991

Addicted to Softballfans
base hits all day with a worth est its the green one with the 2004 asa stamp never hit a homer with it but get on base a lot. paid 100 8 years ago and its still going strong.

Capnsavem

Starting Player
Honestly you want something balanced, not endloaded. after that everyone will have their preferences as far as manufacturer. I would stick to something lighter as well, a 26 or 27oz max.

correct. the Combat Pure balanced is a great base hitter bat.

funfitfriendly

Starting Player
Easton Synergy SRV4 34" 27 oz balanced bat. This is the best place hitting team bat ever made. You can buy them used for about $120 or new for $200