Best bat for clincher...

First I'm trying to figure out the composition/compression of the things, but more Importantly does anyone know the best bats for hitting them???

blakcherry329

I play in a Clincher modified league. We use Clincher Golds and every team has a least one Yellow Catalyst. But, like everyone has said, any really stiff bat will do. (no homo:D)

MaverickAH

The biggest misconception is that you need to swing heavy in order to hit Clincher F12's. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!!

What's much more important is bat speed. Most guys prefer to go with old school singlewall bats. Powerdomes, powercells, C-Cores, Z-Cores, Redlines......... Bats such as those do well as do some doublewalls like Demarini's, AI's & EST's especially is they're made out of CU31 or C405.

Some composites do well but they don't outhit good metals by enough to warrant the expenditure to me.

Clincher Golds (F12G) are a different animal from the F12. The compression on those balls is much higher (375) which makes composites a more viable option.

the heaviest end loaded bat you can swing. It doesnt matter who makes it.

not true. if it's too heavy and you can't swing it, then you can't get it around on time to hit the ball. i'd say start with a balanced 34oz or a 32oz endload if you can find one. if you're a gorilla then you probably can go up to a 36oz. 38oz are like swinging a log. if you can do it, then go for it. sure the heavier the bat the harder you will hit the ball, but if you can't swing a heavy bat then you will hit like crap.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
not true. if it's too heavy and you can't swing it, then you can't get it around on time to hit the ball. i'd say start with a balanced 34oz or a 32oz endload if you can find one. if you're a gorilla then you probably can go up to a 36oz. 38oz are like swinging a log. if you can do it, then go for it. sure the heavier the bat the harder you will hit the ball, but if you can't swing a heavy bat then you will hit like crap.

You must have missed the operative "you can swing" in the post you quoted.

Softballfunatic

EXTREME BP IS THE KEY!
I agree with Maverick , I have most of the bats he listed but I posted the EST CLINCHER because that is one that is still available new. The Reaper Single wall is a good choice if a 28oz. is you weight limit for your swing. My single walls range from 30-36oz. for me the heavier bats do help to deliver more mass/inertia to the softer deforming clincher balls. Best bet is to ask to swing a friends stick and get some personal feed back and go from there.

I agree with Maverick , I have most of the bats he listed but I posted the EST CLINCHER because that is one that is still available new. The Reaper Single wall is a good choice if a 28oz. is you weight limit for your swing. My single walls range from 30-36oz. for me the heavier bats do help to deliver more mass/inertia to the softer deforming clincher balls. Best bet is to ask to swing a friends stick and get some personal feed back and go from there.

Yes i agree heavier bats certainly have proven to be better vs a lighter bat. IS there any composite bats that can be suggested.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Just find a different league!.... Don't waste your money on a good bat for the Clincher get the cheapest bat you can find.... this is a perfect application for the HAMMER!

Menace7

EBAY LIGHT up in here !
Yes i agree heavier bats certainly have proven to be better vs a lighter bat. IS there any composite bats that can be suggested.

OG Eastons do just fine with clinchers... u want a bat with a flexible barrel IMO against the softer cork softballs. Theres plenty of composites that will work, just make sure they have 500+ swings on them and swing away!! Again, metal is good but your not getting the sweetspot you would from a composite thats well broken in.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
OG Eastons do just fine with clinchers... u want a bat with a flexible barrel IMO against the softer cork softballs. Theres plenty of composites that will work, just make sure they have 500+ swings on them and swing away!! Again, metal is good but your not getting the sweetspot you would from a composite thats well broken in.

Honestly, I highly doubt that you'll be able to flex the barrel of almost any bat with Clinchers, so barrel flex likely doesn't matter that much. Not kidding, I hit about as far with a wood bat as I do with any of my bats or comps my teammates have had.

shorel

Addicted to Softballfans
The biggest misconception is that you need to swing heavy in order to hit Clincher F12's. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!!

What's much more important is bat speed. Most guys prefer to go with old school singlewall bats. Powerdomes, powercells, C-Cores, Z-Cores, Redlines......... Bats such as those do well as do some doublewalls like Demarini's, AI's & EST's especially is they're made out of CU31 or C405.

Some composites do well but they don't outhit good metals by enough to warrant the expenditure to me.

Clincher Golds (F12G) are a different animal from the F12. The compression on those balls is much higher (375) which makes composites a more viable option.

this is troof.^^ 26 oz is fine for a new F12 but if they're wet they soak up the water and deform, you will need heavier imo.

lucassays

Addicted to Softballfans
hey polo im from queens too and i have a couple bats you might be interested in. i probably play in the same league you do. check your pm and get back to me, thanks

Menace7

EBAY LIGHT up in here !
Dont tell me a ****ing wood bat is hitting as far as an OG easton, i dont care , clincher or not. I have hit SB12s,Clinchers,Corks my entire softball life and believeeeeeeee me composite > wood/metal.. Im talking about overall consistacy too, I have hit some SHOTS with bats like the redline sz9 which is a simple C500 alloy singlewall bat, etc, all the old metals... a broken in composite like the OG eastons **** all over wood and metal. I have seen distance come damn close when u hit sweetspots of a good metal bat and composite bat on clinchers, but again you will never have the sweetspot on a metal bat that u do with a composite.

Also, why would you guys say you want a stiffer bat? then recommend a singlewall bat?? makes no sense... when the bat is STIFF your getting no energy from the bat no?? You get no CARRY on a ball off a stiff barrel bat when using pillow soft balls... The ball compresses more but your not getting any ooomph from the barrel recoiling back no??? If you have a bat that has some give/flex in the barrel it can work hand in hand with the ball as the ball compresses against the barrel ???

Dont tell me a ****ing wood bat is hitting as far as an OG easton, i dont care , clincher or not. I have hit SB12s,Clinchers,Corks my entire softball life and believeeeeeeee me composite > wood/metal.. Im talking about overall consistacy too, I have hit some SHOTS with bats like the redline sz9 which is a simple C500 alloy singlewall bat, etc, all the old metals... a broken in composite like the OG eastons **** all over wood and metal. I have seen distance come damn close when u hit sweetspots of a good metal bat and composite bat on clinchers, but again you will never have the sweetspot on a metal bat that u do with a composite.

Also, why would you guys say you want a stiffer bat? then recommend a singlewall bat?? makes no sense... when the bat is STIFF your getting no energy from the bat no?? You get no CARRY on a ball off a stiff barrel bat when using pillow soft balls... The ball compresses more but your not getting any ooomph from the barrel recoiling back no??? If you have a bat that has some give/flex in the barrel it can work hand in hand with the ball as the ball compresses against the barrel ???

Very insightful response here bro...

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?

I didn't say they go as far, I said ALMOST as far. There is a difference, but in my experience it's minimal. We also play with 14" Clinchers which probably levels the field even more bat-wise.

Wolfynuts24

Jagoff

we're talking the way you swing when it comes to stiffness or flex in a bat. take a plastic ruler and put a quarter on the end of it. now flex the end of the ruler with the quarter on it back and let it go - you get a slingshot affect. now do the same thing, holding your hand horizontal, and quickly twist your hand vertically - you get a tossing affect, but the quarter still goes. so when it comes to bat stiffness and flex its all in your swing on what you can use. i think.

we're talking the way you swing when it comes to stiffness or flex in a bat. take a plastic ruler and put a quarter on the end of it. now flex the end of the ruler with the quarter on it back and let it go - you get a slingshot affect. now do the same thing, holding your hand horizontal, and quickly twist your hand vertically - you get a tossing affect, but the quarter still goes. so when it comes to bat stiffness and flex its all in your swing on what you can use. i think.

Agreed that everyones swing is diff, with any ball or bat an individual must find what works best for them.

stuntdoogie

Addicted to Softballfans
What you seek is the best bat ball trampoline effect. If the ball is mush you want the bat to be stiff and the heavier the better ONLY if you can maintain bat speed. In this case the ball will be doing all the flexing.

If the ball is hard you want the barrel to flex for the best trampoline effect. Having both doing the flexing just uses too much energy and time.

My preference at the start of a game with a brand new F12 I use my Composites. Then after a few innings when the ball starts to get mushy ill use one of my old school cu31 or c405 metals, weight depending on the speed of the pitcher.