Best bat for freezing weather?

Fsgaming

Addicted to Softballfans
Have a tourney coming up. Hitting a 44/375 ball and can use ANY bat. No association or banned restrictions. Im guessing the temps will be between 15-30 degrees.. Anything Good gonna hold up? Ideas? I have a pile of Asa bats, but doubt i wanna use any of them..

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Well are you buying something for this or want advice as to which you already have would be best?

Fsgaming

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll buy one or 2. Thinking old uitrip or banned bats that are cheap.. Just not sure which were most durable

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
I'll buy one or 2. Thinking old uitrip or banned bats that are cheap.. Just not sure which were most durable

I have I think a 28oz PSTOC in ok condition that would absolutely crush those balls at that temp. May be willing to part with it... Haven't played in a while and am thinking of switching to Non-metal here in Hawaii....

I will check it out and come up with a picture or two and a price.... gotta get ready for work right now though....

Fsgaming

Addicted to Softballfans
I have I think a 28oz PSTOC in ok condition that would absolutely crush those balls at that temp. May be willing to part with it... Haven't played in a while and am thinking of switching to Non-metal here in Hawaii....

I will check it out and come up with a picture or two and a price.... gotta get ready for work right now though....

Let me know

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
OG DeMarini "The One"(ASA or USSSA) or DeMarini "The One" MLC(ASA). Depending on sanction, either will hold up just fine.

t7chas

Forgot my cup
wouldn't disagree with any answers so far. Sounds like a fun tourney. Early eastons were tanks with pop, Syn2 I had was great. Find one cheap, you won't be sorry.

stepup

Coach
NRG 600 is what you seek. Buy one now and swing it as much as possible between now and then. It will be filthy by the tournament. They are absolute tanks too.

Wheels33

Coach
There is a 26oz shrek for sale cheap in the selling section! 60 bucks. already broken in for ya. I just got one niw. have thousands of hits to get it gamer ready.

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
NRG 600 is what you seek. Buy one now and swing it as much as possible between now and then. It will be filthy by the tournament. They are absolute tanks too.

This is what I'm swinging all winter. But, like stated above, lots of bp may be in order to get it opened up depending on the condition. I hit one with 3000+ on it at a 25 degree game and it was one the hottest, if not the hottest bat I've hit to date (other than some fun bp with an Ultra 2).

BullFrog21

Addicted to Softballfans
In My experience what you want is either a Synergy2(scx22)...OG synergy plus( scx23)....RI scx2 Synergy... a sb105 yellow catty. ..or any PST you can get your hands on

all can be had fairly cheap
all will crush
all will hold up

Those OG Eastons...."made in the USA"...are hard to beat man. don't let paint wear scare you on those. they can be found tween 50--75 all day...and lasts for years.Its like a sore goob.....Cant beat it! ;)

Football bat

Starting Player
I cant disagree with any answer so far, the OG Easton would be your best friend, but I would use what ever bat you still have a valid receipt for first and or which ever you may want a new one of, lol!!!

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League

That would be my choice.

Damo

<font color=#cc3333"> MADE IN CANADA!</font>
I would just swing anything that's not your gamer
Cause really who gives a $h!+ its a bat

WarHorse

Star Player
Well greetings from Waterloo, WI.

I've used Anderson bats in the past in cold weather and they hold up very nicely. Big fan of the Rocketech. That being said, they are single-wall aluminum bats, so you're not going to get the pop and distance out of them you normally do, but they won't crack or shatter like composites.

For a cheaper option, I liked my Worth AMP when I had it, but don't expect it to hold up to more than 100 or so hits. The AMPs fall apart pretty easily.

Demarini Raw Steel is also a great option, but it's a different monster to learn to hit with all together. You really gotta practice with it to understand that it's not your typical swing bat or you'll pop up every time. I wish I would have known about this tourny sooner... But then again, hard to play in a tourny when you're lacking the team :p