Best Batting Gloves

rtrantham

The Veteran
Hello everyone, I need everyone's opinion on a pair of batting gloves that will not tear after one season of play. So far I have went though 4 pairs this year alone. Are their any suggestions for a great pair that will last at least a full year?

s.paternostro

Star Player
Spiderz Endite's are very durable, but on the thick side. I prefer a thinner Palm. I've been using the Demarini Digi Cam ones for about a season and a half now and they're still going strong.

rtrantham

The Veteran
I had some red camo Demarini's and torn through them in a game. The palm ripped out of those and some easton's with the padded palms ripped while trying to put on. I have had the best luck with Mizuno's that i bought at walmart. Those lasted about 2 years but were very uncomfortable.I can see if I can get model numbers or pics later.

Last edited:

rtrantham

The Veteran
I have had the Easton VRS Icons, Demarini Digi-Camo,and I don't know off hand what were the Mizuno's. I could care less what color they are.

Last edited:

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Stadiums and torq'd are nice but are undersized... I have 2 2xls and theys a tad snug.

OldguyinHavasu

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a pair of Marucci's that are 6 months old now, and except for some dirt, look brand new...love how they feel as well. I am definitely getting another pair of these.
Mind you, here in Lake Havasu, we play year round, so these are 26 weeks (52+ games) and a couple of tournaments old, in the middle of Mojave Desert 120 degree heat. No sweat rot, no stink...really really pleased with these gloves.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
I take a good fit/feel and give up some durability....like the thinner Nike Elites. to each their own.....

Jomatty

Starting Player
Mechanics gloves... Had the same pair for a year...

I imagine they will last a very long time. Too thick for my preference but I wear them to shoot and they hold up great.

I like a very thin glove and use cheap golf gloves. Durability is not good but I buy em cheap and they are much more comfortable for me.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey mondo. Try the stadium gloves seriously. Remember I used to wear then yellow workers gloves because of how thick they were and durability. The stadiums are for real.

I might have to check those out... But I got use to these puppys...

I imagine they will last a very long time. Too thick for my preference but I wear them to shoot and they hold up great.

I like a very thin glove and use cheap golf gloves. Durability is not good but I buy em cheap and they are much more comfortable for me.

They did fell like that in the beginning... But now it doesn't feel the same with out them... I stumbled upon them, we went to do BP and my gloves weren't in my bag... Put on my mechanics gloves from the trunk, and been hooked ever since... I bought a back up pair like 3 months ago and haven't even needed to wear em yet.. 20$ at Walmart beats the 25$ I use to spend on other ones that tore in a month sometimes...

Beauner

Starting Player
Franklin Sports Shok-Sorb Pro Adult Series Batting Gloves batting gloves. I've had the same pair for 2+ seasons and still have virtually no damage on them. They've gotta be over 2500 swings. Roughly 25 bucks for a pair too.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Mechanic-style gloves will never fall behind a batting glove in durability.

I use the Tillman Tru-fits. 14...something...90? 1490 XL. I think. The goatskin ones. I always get them from welding supply shops. This particular glove, with the black and yellow palm padding, are the best I've ever used. Better than name brand Mechanix and only 12 something a pair. I've gone through 2 in 6 years. They hit a point where they smell like corn chips and ass, but they last.

ptplayer75

Starting Player
MEchanix also makes a "grip" glove. Very nice, like them better than normal Mechanix, but these are my gloves of choice as well. Last forever.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
The spiderz I had ripped in a couple months. Right at the seam in the palm. They were the endite series and I really liked them.. probably the most comfortable glove I've worn and the grip was awesome. The pair of gloves I've had last the longest for me were the worth toxic. Mizuno tech fire will last forever but the feel isn't very good.