Best grip for new bat

COBRARI

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a couple Crush 2's that I use in league play only. They are getting hard to come by. Anyway, a guy showed up at a pick-up game yesterday and knows I am partial to Mizuno. He pulls out a like-new Envy. Sells it to me
for $17.00. All I had on me at the time. He wanted $25.00.
I want to put a good thin grip on it. It has a nice but pretty thick leather
wrap now but I would like something like the thin original grip the Crush 2's have.
So I am asking any of ya if you know where I can get a quality tape grip for my new but used bat.
It hits well but I don't think the inner membrane is broken yet. Not quite the distance as the Crush 2.
Thanks in advance.

Mizuno lover.

Trent523

Coach
I have Gamma Tennis Grips on mine, pretty thin and tacky to produce a nice grip even without batting gloves

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
Easton makes a thin grip somewhat similar to the gamma grips. They are available in 3 packs as well.

Wheels33

Coach
I grew up playing tennis. I tried tons of grips for it, and I always went back to Wilson Pro. Most popular grip on Pro tour and in tennis general. Should be the most popular grip for Softball!!! Gamma camo has horrible durability for tennis. Looks cool but, they don't even last an hour of tennis. So I had know idea good the durability would be for Softball? Other Gamma grips are good, but the camo color ones are horrible. When I put Wilson pro on my bat, I knew I never would use another grip again. Last a lot longer, also don't need batting gloves. If use batting gloves, the glove will last forever.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
just an obsurvation Wheels......................those camo grips are overgrips. They are not made to last along time. Gamma contour gel are very durable and comfortable.

Wheels33

Coach
True..... but Wilson Pro is overgrips too, and they last a few months. I've heard Gamma gel contour are a really good replacement grip. I'd consider it for my racket. But be a bit pricey for all my bats and a bit thicker than I would like. I like the low cost and thin grips of Wilson pro, gets the job done for me in both sports. It comes down to personal preference.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Not very well disguised brag post.:rolleyes::D

Greta find on the Envy, I'm partial to the Gamma neon TAC right now, but I went into a tennis store and they had some Yonex that are feeling pretty good as well.