Best HR derby balls

stud#11

officalhitmachine
Seeking advice for balls for a homerun derby.Derby will be held on a 300' fence field I will supply the bats.Please feel free to leave your valuable opinion..........

BigSwede

Addicted to Softballfans
I run a derby and I have used Worth Launch 650's, Apex Derby balls and Miken balls. The Launch 650's flew farther than the Apex's but seemed to die out after only 20 or so swings on them. The Apex balls fly just as far one year later as they did brand new. The best ball imo was the Miken balls that I got hooked up with through a local rep. These balls were not marked derby ball or high compression from what I remember but they absolutley flew! Out preformed the Launch and Apex by far, I really wish I could get my hands on some of them again.

stud#11

officalhitmachine
I run a derby and I have used Worth Launch 650's, Apex Derby balls and Miken balls. The Launch 650's flew farther than the Apex's but seemed to die out after only 20 or so swings on them. The Apex balls fly just as far one year later as they did brand new. The best ball imo was the Miken balls that I got hooked up with through a local rep. These balls were not marked derby ball or high compression from what I remember but they absolutley flew! Out preformed the Launch and Apex by far, I really wish I could get my hands on some of them again.

Thanks for the info...............
I am leaning toward using the evil HR balls and the apex balls in the final.............

BIG JOE

One hit left!
Just hit .44-400's if all you are hitting on is 300'. Don't kill the bats , it is not needed. If the guys can not hit HR's at will with these balls , they don't need to be hitting in a derby.

I agree, the Evil's are insane. I have no pop at all and I can hit them out, unless I use my doublewall aluminum, terrible combination, and man do those hits ring then.

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
Somewhere on earth I have seen .52/550's that are supposed to be good. I plan on trying some of those out soon

BASH70

Addicted to Softballfans
Ultimate Evils are great. Launch 650s fly the furthest easily. But they beat the **** outta your bats.