Best K ever OR dumbass pitching move?

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
I came in to pitch late in the game had a full count on the guy and when i let go of the pitch i sprinted after it and the batter froze looking at me :confused::confused: the ump chuckled called strike 3 haha. I threw the ball sorta inside and peeled off to first base. It was funny.

Its just a horse**** utrip league.

ogsoftballplaye

Seen a guy pitch between his legs and lockup our batter and he just stared and watched strike 3. It was funny. We ragged him about it for a while!

Jclinard

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive seen a couple people do it, Im more excited for the batter to light one of these pitchers up.

daddyfrank

Addicted to Softballfans
best strikeout

2 strikes on the batter and the pitcher says to the catcher "hey bro check and see if this ball is OK" The pitcher throws it underhand as the batter stands there not moving at all. Time has not been called and the ump rings him up. Totally legal. The other team laughed their ass off.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
2 strikes on the batter and the pitcher says to the catcher "hey bro check and see if this ball is OK" The pitcher throws it underhand as the batter stands there not moving at all. Time has not been called and the ump rings him up. Totally legal. The other team laughed their ass off.

I've also seen this done and I swung at the last second and flew out:rolleyes: Greatest bs pitch ever.

second2noone

I came in to pitch late in the game had a full count on the guy and when i let go of the pitch i sprinted after it and the batter froze looking at me :confused::confused: the ump chuckled called strike 3 haha. I threw the ball sorta inside and peeled off to first base. It was funny.

you're lucky i wasn't up or I would have ended your pitching career.

BrianWitty

Addicted to Softballfans
I did this a few times- thought it was pretty funny too until I had someone I underestimated send one passed my ear.
hot liner at 50 ft- manageable, but you gotta be quick.
hot liner at 35 ft- not a chance.

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
didnt see it,,,, only heard of this one....

softball buddy was playing some utrip tourny last summer..... the guy is doing his thing before he is pitches the ball, and tosses his glove like a pitch, glove lands on home plate, with the ball following it, and said guy strikes out looking....

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The funniest thing I ever saw was a guy in our fall league last year just wound up and threw a fastpitch. My teammate who had a 1-2 count was so surprised by it he swung and struck out! OMG we laughed at him for so long after that, and still now. I guess he thought he could crush one coming in that fast but he wasn't even close to making contact.

bfaulconer11

The Veteran
Played against a guy one time who threw his glove and the ball at the same time trying to fool the batter. It worked the first time but the second time he got blew up. Took a line drive right to the stomach. Funny thing was it was a NSA tournament, I guess he normally played Utrip

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired

Just FYI, not legal, and would warrant a warning, then an ejection (USSSA 5-7).

alteredzx

Bazinga
Just FYI, not legal, and would warrant a warning, then an ejection (USSSA 5-7).

Sec. 7. NO DEFENSIVE PLAYER shall take a position in the batter’s line of vision
and with deliberate attempt, act unsportsmanslike in any manner in an effort to distract the
batter.
EFFECT Sec 7. The umpire shall first warn the offender, and then eject any player from
the game who repeats the offense.

Is this the one you are talking about? Thats what utrip pitching is. Wouldnt you say pump fakes are the same thing, its trying to distract the batter. Or pitching between your legs or behind your back. Thats legal for the best of my understanding. Wouldnt this be the same thing?