Best Non Approved bat ??

trammell60

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a buddy who plays in a non sanctioned league and is looking for the hottest bat it has to be somewhat durable not break in 50 swings but will not be a team bat

What are everyone's thoughts I said probably an Ultra 2 ??

BigRedSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a buddy who plays in a non sanctioned league and is looking for the hottest bat it has to be somewhat durable not break in 50 swings but will not be a team bat

What are everyone's thoughts I said probably an Ultra 2 ??

Really...Holy Contradictory Statement Batman!!!

turkeyhntr2

Addicted to Softballfans
I had an Ultra II once. I didn't keep it long because we can't use them around here. I bought it off a guy for dirt cheap and couldn't pass it up. I can't speak on durability because I didn't keep it long enough to know, but as far as hitting....WOW! I'm by no means a homerun hitter or even a power hitter, but I was rattling balls off of a 300' fence with ease. I let a couple of guys are are homerun hitters hit with it a few times...HOLY SMOKE! That's all.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
If you can find them and have a few bucks it would have to the OG Ultra or Titaniumn bats.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
Ultra II .... /thread

Step two would be to tell your buddy to NOT play the infield or pitch.

That makes me wonder actually... who the hell pitches in these leagues?

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
It somewhat depends on the balls, but he should be looking for:
OG Ultra
Rip-It Senior Elite
Boombah Cannon
Ti's
Ultra II with ASA stamp
Senior Combats (Gray, Red, MM's, Centenarians)
Melee Legend
GBA White Veteran
If he likes flex the Geezer, maybe the new Demarini Seniors as well (I haven't hit the new ones).

trammell60

Addicted to Softballfans
I forgot the balls they are using are 47/525 or 44/525 I can't remember that will be a factor on durability for sure

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
I forgot the balls they are using are 47/525 or 44/525 I can't remember that will be a factor on durability for sure

With those balls anything from a Bruiser on up is all you need. Seriously, senior bats are MASSIVE overkill unless the fences are like 395' down the lines.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
i dont think it matters what bat you buy w/ hose balls but i would get a U2, u can find them cheap enough to buy a couple if they break

TEX1959

Addicted to Softballfans
this.......221065845211
or this........271014061384
or this........190691899310
or this........200777518151

oppo

Coach
U1 > U2 and it isn't close.

We used to play with U1's and 47/525 super dupers when they were legal. Pitching was very interesting and it was bombs away.

bigcountry77

Addicted to Softballfans
played in a backyard tournement this past weekend with utrip bats and .44/525 balls and the base hitters where hitting the fences, i would look for a solid utrip just for the durability.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
I would definitely be wearing full hockey gear.

With no bat restrictions and those balls, I wouldnt even pitch with my goalie gear on, nevermind player equipment. Ive been hit with a 90mph slapshot with a puck from about 60 feet out and it felt like someone was trying to drive a spear through me. This is 40 ft and balls traveling at over 100 mph...

To pitch there would HAVE to be a screen and that screen would have to be made of chainlink fencing haha

eastonfection

Addicted to Softballfans
In our outlaw league we swing Ultra 2's we have 3 of them and the Jak'd Nemesys is getting about 20 ft further on average