Best of 2014 from Combat

Just a fun thread to get everyone's thoughts and opinions.
1. Best ASA bat of 2014
2. Best bat for Utrip (usssa and dual stamp)
3. Most durable bat 2014
4. Best value (performance, durability, and WOW factor)

of the 2014's, I only have swung the Portent, Dirty and Wanted ASA models and the Portent took it hands down. Dirty was nice but didn't have the durability I need. Both Portents I have still look good and rake with no real tracking. Dirty rakes but is tracked up nicely and it happened pretty quick. Wanted never saw game action because it never seemed to open up for me with my swing.
Which bat will you load up on with the current falling prices?

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
1. Best ASA bat of 2014-VTS Survivor
2. Best bat for Utrip (usssa and dual stamp)ASSAULT III
3. Most durable bat 2014-Dirty, Utrip
4. Best value (performance, durability, and WOW factor)-Any of the 275 bats

of the 2014's, I only have swung the Portent, Dirty and Wanted ASA models and the Portent took it hands down. Dirty was nice but didn't have the durability I need. Both Portents I have still look good and rake with no real tracking. Dirty rakes but is tracked up nicely and it happened pretty quick. Wanted never saw game action because it never seemed to open up for me with my swing.
Which bat will you load up on with the current falling prices?
OG Avarice..... ;)

Im still torn on picking up a survivor, might have to much endload for me. But I may get one because Im a bat junkie and I need an endloaded once piece from Combat for my assortment. My cool bats are how I get onto teams after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsoftballcpl View Post
1. Best ASA bat of 2014-VTS Survivor

hope your right oil, just bought one...

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
1) best asa = vts
2) utrip = avarice g2, but I'm about to put a cg thru the ringer
3) durable= probably the wanted
4) all around = avarice g2

RSTLNE

Addicted to Softballfans
dammit! I'm tempted to get a vts too now since the db275 doesn't have enough endload for my liking. How does the endload compare to say a el/fl oggs or el/fl og av?

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA Portent gets my vote for the best and most surprising! Bat was really good out of the wrapper and just got more and more stupid until the disc just snapped inside. Now I have a free floating weight inside. :) Still fun to hit with.

My new G2 Plague for Utrip is amazing!! but i've only swung the green derby boys as something to compare with it...

Last edited:

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
dammit! I'm tempted to get a vts too now since the db275 doesn't have enough endload for my liking. How does the endload compare to say a el/fl oggs or el/fl og av?

Not Wanted heavy, but you can tell there is some Junk in the Trunk. Since you brought it up, I would say its close to the Supremacy

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I'm hearing the VTS is a repainted DB275.....
My vote here is

Best ASA bat : CG275 or Wanted
Most Durable: ASA Portent
Most value is any of the 275 line since you can use them anywhere

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I believe the 275s are some versions of the same bat............but my VTS outhit my wanted 275 and the Portent.

Fuzz

Extra Hitter

My 28 feels around about .75oz if I had to guesstimate

heavier than the CG, but not as beefy as the wanted. It has a pretty soft barrel feel it's not real cracky like my avarice g2.

The EL feels about like my og FL 30oz plagues which are suppose to be an oz, but feel slightly less.

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
I don't think the vts is a db275 or av275. The handle is stiffer, barrel softer, and el is more feel wise.

I'm am almost certain the cg utrip and the cg275 are the exact same bat. Maybe the 275 has disc's

I think an AV275 is going to be my next purchase, but going an ounce heavier than my usual 26 to suit more of the "need a 28oz" crowd that use my bats.

Lots of hype for the dirty early this year, did it die down because of new bats or did it not last long enough for people stay with it? They are also very cheap right now and I was curious about anyone swinging the 275 version, or still happy after a season with there ASA only

Yeah Portent ASA was a pretty nasty stick once I adjusted to the swing. It got a little better after a couple hundred swings but never had another gear. Distance improved but exit speed was sick from the get go. I have two and they both drop serious bombs. Dirty had sick exit speed and good distance but I never really got to swing it enough to let it take over from my Portent. I have it on a payment plan to a teammate who says its the best bat he's ever swung, it fits his swing perfect and begged me to use it so often I let him keep it with him and pay me incrementally. I used it here and there after that but it never became a favorite of mine or anyone else on that team.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Lots of hype for the dirty early this year, did it die down because of new bats or did it not last long enough for people stay with it? They are also very cheap right now and I was curious about anyone swinging the 275 version, or still happy after a season with there ASA only

Still have a Dirty. It has tracking and verticals all over, but its got to be pushing 800 swings. It gets about 10 hits a week and hits hard hard

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
when there are multiple version of 275s out there, why choose the least attractive...unless you are into the last girl at the bar

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
as long as someone else bought her the drinks, and she was free...

thats how i got a webbed to hell og plague - freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee