Best outfield gloves if price doesn't matter

single wally

Professional Amateur
beer%20guys.jpg

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Get this one. It's the best glove for the money right now in my opinion. Plus whenever the lace starts to wear out you can send it back to Mizuno and they will completely relace and recondition the glove for free. The black Deguchi kip is nicer than the tan.
i picked up this one for my wife a while back. very nice glove

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Incase you're not aware, there's 2 models... The gmp700 and the gmp700axo. Sometimes sites have the models switched around and confused. The new axo models are designed for tip (2 in the pinky) and the wrist isn't very adjustable. If you have smaller hands like myself you might want to find the plan gmp700. Just my opinion. And double to to make sure you get the model you actually want to get :)

Incase you're not aware, there's 2 models... The gmp700 and the gmp700axo. Sometimes sites have the models switched around and confused. The new axo models are designed for tip (2 in the pinky) and the wrist isn't very adjustable. If you have smaller hands like myself you might want to find the plan gmp700. Just my opinion. And double to to make sure you get the model you actually want to get :)

Yes. I ordered one of each from Grizzly Sports Fulfilled by Amazon and decided to return both the next day NWT. One of the Grizzly Sports/Amazon site refers to the Axiom Model specs and the other one doesn't. I was somewhat confused and thought I was buying the Non-Axiom which allows you to adjust the wrist to a smaller/closer opening while the Axiom Glove does not. I printed out the shipping tags from Amazon but have not brought the Gloves to Mizuno because of a combination of Weather and Work.

I am considering either the GMP700BK made in China or the New GMP700JBK which is made in Mizuno's factory in Haga Japan. Hence the J in the title for the the 2017 model. The catch is (see what I did there?) the Japan Made Glove costs $600.00. Saw the Black and Chestnut gloves in person and I definitely prefer the Black Glove. I paid $250.00 for the Chestnut Glove and $300.00 for the Black Glove and they were originally listed at around $500.00 each. The Chestnut Glove appeared to have a stain in the Palm as if the glue had seeped out or perhaps it had been oiled. I have a small hand and wrist and fingers so that the limited ajustability of the Axiom and the other issues described make it a No Go for me. Your Mileage may vary.....

Right now, I am undecided between the Japan Made Mizuno Pro Limited GMP700JBK and a Custom Rawlings Glove in Pro Preferred in Tan or a Custom model in Black. The problem with Custom is that you are never sure how it will turn out color wise, the time to make the glove, and the fact that returns are not an option if the color scheme differs from your guess of how it will look.

I am Considering an Alex Gordon Color scheme with Pro Preferred Leather (Black with Tan Accents as more fully described below) in a 303 Pattern H web and 12.75" size. Just not sure of how it will look in Person. I am also thinking of a Rich Tan Pro Preferred 303 H Web Pattern and 12.75 " size but I am not sure how the Rich Tan will look.

So I am open to some suggestions or advice. The Alex Gordon Color would be Black Palm and Web with Tan Laces and Rich Tan Binding and Rich Tan Trim around the wrist, Split Gray Welting , Regular Patch, Gray Stitching and Ivory Embroidery, and Indented Stamping Color. Not sure about the color of the stitching though or the color of the trim around the wrist and the embroidery. Any thoughts would be helpful.

The Rawlings Tan would be Pro Preferred which is only offered in Rich Tan along with Gray Welting, Vegas Gold Stitching, Tan Laces and Binding Indented Stamping Color and Rich Tan Trim Color around the Wrist and Probably Vegas Gold Embroidery.