Best Softball In Arizona??

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Ok if you really want the correct answer.

Depends on how much money you want to spend. There are nice and bad areas all over the place. Now is the time to buy in AZ though because there are deals everywhere.

#10_

Coach
Sahuaro wasn't always that nice!

Why the hate on VL?? Granted I've only played on those fields twice, but there was nothing wrong with them then.

Crusher09

2x Pinewood Derby Champ!
Such a great time to buy a home in az. Depending on how much your spending you might have to compete with investors who are buying houses cheap then flipping them. We just bought a house and I dont even dare say how cheap we got it for. lol I live on the east side and avoid bld whenever possible. You can play in mesa for half of what it cost to play at bld. The fields at bld arent any better and you dont have the 3 dollor fee, the crazy food prices and the stupid hour break on double headers.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I have played at BLD Vegas and Palm Springs and after the initial excitement wears off, you realize it's not that big of a deal.

Truth to that... My point I was trying to get at, is the one here in phx, is actually one of the better fields out here ..

But isn't worth what it cost to play league there...

rmeman

Addicted to Softballfans
Devil dog not all of us can be as well traveled as you. Lol but I like the fields at bld the best. Victory is ok not bad but I would still rather play at bld.

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
I personally would stay as far away from Central Phoenix as possible. City is a crap hole. I would go east or west depending on where you'd be working. I think it's worth the hour commute to stay out. Softball everywhere though.

I have a daughter that lives in Tempe (right across the street from ASU). I stayed there with her a few times and thought it was okay. We did not really make it into Phoenix very often. She works near Buckeye west of Avondale. She has been pretty happy. I have enjoyed my time there......it does not seem tons hotter than the Gulf coast (but it is significantly hotter but drier)...but I can see someone from one of the northern states absolutely melting there.

JMHO

Joel

Last edited:

saddlebrookrick

The Veteran
A response for T-Ball. We live in Saddlebrooke Country Club 15 miles north of Tucson AZ. 3400 ft. elevation 15 degrees on average cooler than Phoenix in summer. There are beautiful mountains right here surrounding us. Look for pictures at www.robson.com. We play softball on a state of the art field 365 days a year with 130 players. There are 4 leagues and you could play 4 days a week if you choose. Cost of living is exceptionally low. Tucson is the sunniest city in the US. We wake up everyday to clear blue sunny skies and everyone smiles (most days!). There are 4 golf courses, 4 club houses, 6 pools, 5 restaurants, 3 fitness centers, 5000 homes, tennis, pickleball and every other club or activity you can imagine all for monthly dues of $125. Where can you find that? Check out the pics on the web to see the 5 star and I do mean 5 star amenities. This community if full of friendly, active people looking to enjoy life just like you. Come visit in the preferred guest program and see for yourself.

brocstar

Addicted to Softballfans
scuffles at bld < shooting at VL.
Thats only my opinion everyone is welcome to there own opinion

East valley cites to live in are Gilbert, Chandler, Queen Creek, south side of the 60 Mesa. Scottsdale is also a decent city to live in.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az

East valley cites to live in are Gilbert, Chandler, Queen Creek, south side of the 60 Mesa. Scottsdale is also a decent city to live in.
...also include Tempe.

and, if you are looking for a "safe place to live," i'd say gilbert.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans

Come on!

Ok move to gilbert play at bld, all is safe no shootings, just a bunch of good holesome sweet people over there that wont harm you... No fighting or nothing...

Get the **** out of here fool! Thats all I ever hear!?

Difference between gilbert and phx! Majority whites gilbert usssa!

Phoenix, majority mexicans ASA...

USSSA players think their **** dont stink and are superior to ASA...

Thats all there is to it!

There was a guy on the run from the cops, he ran to a daycare, and blew his head off inside the daycare in glendale! So what should we do? Yeah shut down the daycare cause nothing but killers go there...

Get the **** over it fool!

Get over it!

And yes the daycare story is true...

brocstar

Addicted to Softballfans
...also include Tempe.

and, if you are looking for a "safe place to live," i'd say gilbert.

Raising a family in tempe??? maybe south tempe. Stay away from ASU

Gilbert is a safe place to move to and there are fields/leagues everywhere. Utrip E worlds will be in gilbert.

toon

Addicted to Softballfans

Gilbert is a safe place to move to and there are fields/leagues everywhere. Utrip E worlds will be in gilbert.

brocstar did u play last weekend at bld?

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Come on!

Ok move to gilbert play at bld, all is safe no shootings, just a bunch of good holesome sweet people over there that wont harm you... No fighting or nothing...

Get the **** out of here fool! Thats all I ever hear!?

You do know that statistically Gilbert is one of the safest small towns/cities in America right? You do know that out of all the towns/cities in AZ, Gilbert is ranked the highest by Money Magazine? You do know that Gilbert has been on Money Magazines top 100 places to live in America. There are quite a lot of amenities and benefits to living in Gilbert.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
You do know that statistically Gilbert is one of the safest small towns/cities in America right? You do know that out of all the towns/cities in AZ, Gilbert is ranked the highest by Money Magazine? You do know that Gilbert has been on Money Magazines top 100 places to live in America. There are quite a lot of amenities and benefits to living in Gilbert.

I never researched it... Never really cared... My point wasn't about safe living, it was about one softball park compared to the other... I've played all over the valley and seen fights on both sides...

There was a isolated incident that happened at victory involving a gun, and thats all that gets mentioned about it! It's been open longer than most parks all over the city...
And had one shooting, one round, when a jackass pulled or a gun and somebody wrestled it away and it discharged... Now it's the scum of the earth!

The dude that had the gun wasn't a softball player, never even played... Just some jackass with a gun!

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az

i'm talking Tempe that borders Chandler, not Tempe that borders Mesa / Phoenix / Scottsdale.

Crush17er

Addicted to Softballfans
I never researched it... Never really cared... My point wasn't about safe living, it was about one softball park compared to the other... I've played all over the valley and seen fights on both sides...

There was a isolated incident that happened at victory involving a gun, and thats all that gets mentioned about it! It's been open longer than most parks all over the city...
And had one shooting, one round, when a jackass pulled or a gun and somebody wrestled it away and it discharged... Now it's the scum of the earth!

The dude that had the gun wasn't a softball player, never even played... Just some jackass with a gun!

Wait a min the guy with the gun was the brother of a softball player n I'm pretty sure he's played before... but regardless of that issue it depends the ball u wanna play... east side is mostly usssa for tournys n west valley is usually asa for tournys... I personally live in chandler near chandler regional hospital n I would recommend chandler to anyone... most ppl will be bias to there side I came from yuma lived in both the west n east side n personnally choice the eastside... u gotta visit n make ur own decisionbut softball is everywhere

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Wait a min the guy with the gun was the brother of a softball player n I'm pretty sure he's played before... but regardless of that issue it depends the ball u wanna play... east side is mostly usssa for tournys n west valley is usually asa for tournys... I personally live in chandler near chandler regional hospital n I would recommend chandler to anyone... most ppl will be bias to there side I came from yuma lived in both the west n east side n personnally choice the eastside... u gotta visit n make ur own decisionbut softball is everywhere

He was the brother of a softball player and no he wasnt a softball player...

Everybody knows manny and that was his brother...

Not my point homie... I will play where ever... I like utrip more than ASA myself better comp for sure, I've never denied that... Half the guys on my team don't want to play for their own personal reasons... I wouldn't mind at all!

My point I'm making is, I hate when people insist it's all ghetto and welfare like at victory, and thats not the case...thats my point, it always has been...

saddlebrookrick

The Veteran
No sales pitch-Saddlebrooke retirement community must be the best kept secret place in America. We moved here little over a year ago, and plan to stay here-noplace better in our opinion and we have traveled alot. 20% of people here can be 40--50 years of age,and 80% 50 or older. Our own softball field with leagues to match anyones skill level. Most any sport activity you can think of here and we also have 24hr [ Saddlebrooke Patrol] safest place I've been. We have a saying here---If you can't be happy here, you can't be happy anywhere.