Any Best Stories on Sending a Player/Fan to the Parking Lot

kdsimp14

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't have any ejections stories from all the years that I have umpired, but do have one from my playing days. Our varsity baseball coach has a long history of ejections and has catch phrases that are almost always sure fire ejections. We were playing at a school that was undergoing construction and there was a huge mound of dirt just beyond the left field fence, I'd say about 100 foot in the air. Our coach gets ejected and proceeds to take a lawn chair and climbs the mound of dirt to get a better view point. The game continues with him still yelling at the umps from the top of the huge dirt mound. You really couldn't see him because he was so high and far away, but you could definetly still hear him. One of the funniest things I've ever witnessed was him trying to climb that dirt mound and finally succeeding. It was also the first game of a doubleheader so he stayed there for the entire second game.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Don't have any ejections stories from all the years that I have umpired, but do have one from my playing days. Our varsity baseball coach has a long history of ejections and has catch phrases that are almost always sure fire ejections. We were playing at a school that was undergoing construction and there was a huge mound of dirt just beyond the left field fence, I'd say about 100 foot in the air. Our coach gets ejected and proceeds to take a lawn chair and climbs the mound of dirt to get a better view point. The game continues with him still yelling at the umps from the top of the huge dirt mound. You really couldn't see him because he was so high and far away, but you could definetly still hear him. One of the funniest things I've ever witnessed was him trying to climb that dirt mound and finally succeeding. It was also the first game of a doubleheader so he stayed there for the entire second game.

That'd also be ball game. Out of sight, out of earshot, or it's a forfeit.

USSSA

The Veteran
true story, wasnt done by the ump

team coming to play an NIT tournament, was played at military base, team tried to bring guns into the base

got arrested and didnt play

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I got two good ones...

1st one was my first all-star game for little league and I was catching, batter hits a pop up behind the plate, I rip the mask off and lay out for it but missed it by a foot or more. My dad of all people yells "WTF are you doing back there?" from the stands, I turned around and spouted back "If you think this is so easy you come try it!" The ump didn't realize that it was my dad and he ejected him. We laugh about it now.

2nd one was a softball game 2 years ago. We were in 1st place playing the 2nd place team whose only loss was from us earlier in the year so this is a huge game for both teams. In about the 5th inning after both teams keep going back and forth in a great hitter's game, the other team hits a massive 3 run bomb to right field. I was playing in right and had a good look at it. I will admit it was fair by at least 15 feet and would have given them the lead back. Instead the ump calls "FOUL BALL!!" Their entire team errupts and the ump just started tossing guys left and right. Before we knew it, they had 6 guys left....game over forfeit. Ghey to win that way but funny.

MaverickAH

I don't remember the exact details of what started the incident but the result was that the league commissioner's boyfriend was rightfully ejected from a game. She proceeded to march onto the field made the umpire reinstate him into the game! :eek: Let's just say that the umpire wasn't very happy about it.

The next week there were NO UMPIRES FOR ANY GAMES! :p:D:p

ALL of the umpires pulled a mini boycott of the league!

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
I don't remember the exact details of what started the incident but the result was that the league commissioner's boyfriend was rightfully ejected from a game. She proceeded to march onto the field made the umpire reinstate him into the game! :eek: Let's just say that the umpire wasn't very happy about it.

The next week there were NO UMPIRES FOR ANY GAMES! :p:D:p

ALL of the umpires pulled a mini boycott of the league!

awesome! pure and simple!

Mitt

Manager
My best ejection story wasn't an ejection at all.

Close play at second and I call the runner out. The assistant coach comes flying out of the dugout arguing the call.

Me: Are you the head coach?

Asst: No.

Me: (pointing toward the dugout) Then get off the field!

Asst. walks toward dugout and the game continues.

Next inning, the head coach approaches me and asks, "Why did you eject my assistant?".

Huh? I didn't eject anybody. I had just told him to get off the field so forcefully that he thought he was ejected and had headed straight for the parking lot!

This made me LOL

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Last night, league game, bottom of the 7th, had a bang-bang play at third, I call the guy safe, 3rd baseman screams something and threw the ball into the ground. I just pointed, he walks off the field. Best part was his mom and grandma were in the stands, could hear them telling him how dumb he was, and he needed to come apologize to me.

RelaxedFan

Part Time Player
In college...player's first at bat, he throws the bat after he swings and nearly missed our catcher (i'm pitching). ump calls him out and warns the entire team about not throwing bats for safety or you will get ejected.

Next time up, the guy does it again (not on purpose...just some college kid) and the bat rolls and taps my catcher. Catcher then throws the bat down the 1st base line at the batter as he is going towards the base. luckily, it doesn't hit him.

Surprised that the stands didn't erupt in a fight or the cops were called. both players got ejected.

trip

stfu
mine was when i was 14 years old umpiring little league.

this "star player" (who actually got drafted in the first round by the twins later that senior year of high school)'s brother was pitching for i want to say 10-11 year olds. his older brother (the star player for the h.s. team) was about 4 feet behind me on the other side of the backstop giving me crap the whole game. finally ended and we had to do another one.. same team. same fat kid pitching.

after the first pitch came in as a ball he said he was "going to beat the hell out of me if i call another ball", blew my gasket and turned around and yelled "**** you, you stupid ****ing idiot. you're ejected now get the **** out of here".

by now i thought the tides had turned my way. he had to 'leave the grounds'.. so he did. he walked across the street and sat on his front porch. about 100 feet away. scared the living piss out of me for the next couple hours.

soon as tryouts came around a month or so later for the high school team he shook my hand and said i had balls. didn't know what that meant at the time.. but it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

tb25

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I was late to my game and forgot my jersey ..lol...I come up to bat and the ump calls time and tells me I need something with a number on it.. I say fine.. I run to my car grab a jersey from my trunk ( from another team I play on ) put the thing on and run back to the field...... I wait a batter then come back up he calls time again and said it needed to match the teams ...... I said really your not going to let me play cuz I have red on and my team wears blue....... wow....... I told him I was running late and forgot it he told me to go home and get it....... I asked if he could over look it this one time he said no and to leave the box for the next batter.... I walked away and said it was a DBag thing to enforce in a regular game.... he kicked me out of the park and said I couldn't play next week so I said i take that back ur a Dbag and walked off.....

The game had just started.

Last edited: