Best turf shoes

IrishRich

Addicted to Softballfans
I need to pick up some turf shoes because my heels are starting to kill me, but I play the OF mostly and many times the grass is wet/slick here. Are turf shoes going to be an issue? Also, I normally wear an 11-11.5 4E (wide) in cleats. What do you guys think is the best turf shoe for my situation?

thanks

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
3n2 Momentums. Great OF traction (that's what I use), nice wide toe box (never heard anyone complain about them being narrow), one of the lightest shoes out there, most comfortable shoes I've owned, and very durable. Price is right as well.

/thread

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Most Comfortable are new balance. Get some good arch supports or inserts too.

I've been dealing with heel pain for years (plantar fasciitis).

Or get some Adidas trail running shoes

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
3n2 Momentums. Great OF traction (that's what I use), nice wide toe box (never heard anyone complain about them being narrow), one of the lightest shoes out there, most comfortable shoes I've owned, and very durable. Price is right as well.

/thread

For these did you go with your normal shoe size or go down a 1/2 size? I have heard to go down from some and to order normal from others.

Thx MB

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
shoes are going to be different for every person. It just depends on your feet. People can weight in on traction for each shoe and that would be fairly accurate but as far as comfort and fit...it is going to be different for every person.

kenbat

Addicted to Softballfans
My heels hurt for a few years and then I finally tore my plantar fascia the year before last. Last year I bought Boombah Rage Turfs and they were fantastic. My feel never hurt. I play outfield too and had no traction problems. Just make sure that you measure your feet as they recommend. I wear a size 11 regular shoe but a size 12 Rage Turf. Good luck.

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.

/thread

My man....good looking out again

MomentumBlack_zpsd284050f.jpg

BlackBottom_zps3e3b5ee8.jpg

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
really?? I like the look. What shoes are you wearing?

Yes really! 3n2 used to be really ugly.....now they're really ugly in a different way. Hopefully they increased their durability since they failed in the aesthetic improvements.

Mostly I wear Adidas Trails now
Just picked up some Reebok Outdoor Wilds....although not particularly fond of Reebok in general so we'll see
Used to wear Tanel RPM Lite turfs until they went away from solid colors
Started with Nike ACG trails way back when
Molded Nike cleats prior to that

All ^^^^ are > 3n2

BennyD417

Baller
My man....good looking out again

MomentumBlack_zpsd284050f.jpg

BlackBottom_zps3e3b5ee8.jpg

These look like an ugly shoe an old umpire would wear. Def ugly. I wear Adidas Vigors, and I like them a lot. Feels like a sneaker. I also got a pair of Reebok ATRs that are still in the box. Might have to break them out, but I like my Adidas trails.

egibree

Addicted to Softballfans
Yup shins been killing me i got mizuno blast that are comfortable but didnt last the year

BOLTMAN21

Manager
These look like an ugly shoe an old umpire would wear. Def ugly. I wear Adidas Vigors, and I like them a lot. Feels like a sneaker. I also got a pair of Reebok ATRs that are still in the box. Might have to break them out, but I like my Adidas trails.

Lol.

Adidas Vigor 4 are legit. Just wish they had more color options. I have red, gray and black ones.

RP24

Star Player
^^^^this^^^^. Just picked a pair of vigor 4. They're super comfortable and great grip on all surfaces.

TheSynergy

Addicted to Softballfans
I need to pick up some turf shoes because my heels are starting to kill me, but I play the OF mostly and many times the grass is wet/slick here. Are turf shoes going to be an issue? Also, I normally wear an 11-11.5 4E (wide) in cleats. What do you guys think is the best turf shoe for my situation?

thanks

Look into the Adidas Thrasher 2. It's the best shoe I've ever worn for softball. I play all over the field and have had no problem getting traction any position I play.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes really! 3n2 used to be really ugly.....now they're really ugly in a different way. Hopefully they increased their durability since they failed in the aesthetic improvements.

Mostly I wear Adidas Trails now
Just picked up some Reebok Outdoor Wilds....although not particularly fond of Reebok in general so we'll see
Used to wear Tanel RPM Lite turfs until they went away from solid colors
Started with Nike ACG trails way back when
Molded Nike cleats prior to that

All ^^^^ are > 3n2

To each their own. I've tried a lot of trail shoes. Sure they work, but I haven't found them to be more durable than the 3n2s or even close for that matter. They wear more like a running shoe. And yes, we've all been over the 3n2 durability issue - it was an issue they had, they became aware of, they fixed the issue, and now have had NO problems. By the sounds of it, you're probably one of those flat billed, arm sleeve wearing douche bags at the field where everything is matchy matchy. Probably step out of the box after a pitch to readjust your batting gloves to make sure they're good and tight. Probably release the upper hand and just hold the pose for a second after every hit whether it's a grounder or a pop fly. In any case, I'm out there to win and prefer to use the best equipment that works for me. I don't give a **** if I match or look good (which is subjective by the way) while doing it!

Saying 3n2 is ugly and then saying you like the vigors is like someone saying Roseann Barr is ugly but then dating Jocelyn Wildenstein...

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else having trouble with forefoot padding on the Trail shoes? The ones I got have very minimal padding, but I didn't know if that was just they style I bought or if it was standard for them. I may go back to real turfs as the comfort standing around is nice, but I don't spend much time on my heels during a game.

kdynamite

Coach
Don't be hatin on my 3n2 shoes you dirty bastards:squintfinger:

This made me laugh because I was thinking they were ugly umpire shoes too, lol. I think I saw those at SAS when I took my grandparents out looking for new shoes.

On another note, I only use Lizard Skins grips.:thumb: