Best USSSA version of the J3A

JJ Dynamite

The Veteran
Hey all, I've been searching the threads but didn't see anything that would answer my question. Since most tourneys here are USSSA, I'm looking for the USSSA bat that swings comparable to the J3A? Thanks!

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
save yourself from frustration and get a freak12 in weight you swing a J3A. Demarini has ASA on lock but a little behind Miken when it comes to Utrip. If the utrip insan3 handle flexes that might be an option or a 2013 stadium if you can find one in decent condition because they are fragile.

Train44

Coach
save yourself from frustration and get a freak12 in weight you swing a J3A. Demarini has ASA on lock but a little behind Miken when it comes to Utrip. If the utrip insan3 handle flexes that might be an option or a 2013 stadium if you can find one in decent condition because they are fragile.

Completely agree here!!! While Demarini has ASA on lock down, their USSSA stuff cant hold a candle to Worth/Miken. There is some new hype on the Utrip INSAN3, but I can't see it being much better than the F4T4RE. Demarini has been having trouble coming out with a non-stiff handled bat that will hold up to utrip compression testing. The reason the J3U was such a dog was because in order to make up for the flex handle and get the bat to pass utrip testing, they had to build up the barrel so much that it took, at minimum about 1500 swings to open up. I saw a guy put one in a roller, trying to break it, and I swear he had that thing wrenched down so much that the inner walls had to almost be touching and the thing wouldn't break.

Bottom line is, if you are really set on swinging Demarini for utrip that's fine, you are bringing a knife to a gun fight, but I would look for a 2013 Black and Green CL22. IMO was the best Stadium they came out with that has the thumbprint stamp.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Vizion and the insane U are both good choices. And both preform just as well or better than any Worth or Miken.

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung Demarini only for the past 2-3 years. Got a used NR Ressy Legit to see what all the hype was about after going to a Conference tourney and noticing the difference in sound between Worths and Miken bats compared to Demarini. Never looked bad and tried a couple other bats. Ressy Legit, FreAk12 and Freak Black all outperfom any of the utrip D line. The closest one is the Future and it takes a while to get there. I owned all of them Future, CL22, UFlip and Vizion. Havent swung the Utrip Insane, but hearing good things. In terms of feel, the CL22 is the one I think felt the closest to a Juggy. Feel only, performance wise it doesnt touch a Juggy. CL22 does bring the paint crack BS issue. Mine cracked in the first BP session after about 50 cuts.

If you are swinging D for sure, get a Future or a Insane. If not, I would go with a Freak12 or Freak30. 12" barrels, similar weight distribution as the Juggy. Great performing bat.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Da hell are you talking about^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
CL22 and a J3A similar??? Are you on drugs?
Ill put my Mad Dawg against any bat out. Even with my old ass jacked up swing it will perform with any.
Hell I dont even think your Miken choices are the best they offer!! Sh***t go sell that Freak business back in the Miken thread.
Dude didnt ask about MIKEn!!!!!!

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Da hell are you talking about^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
CL22 and a J3A similar??? Are you on drugs?
Ill put my Mad Dawg against any bat out. Even with my old ass jacked up swing it will perform with any.
Hell I dont even think your Miken choices are the best they offer!! Sh***t go sell that Freak business back in the Miken thread.
Dude didnt ask about MIKEn!!!!!!

Easy there Francis!;)

I only have a few swings on the vizion and it is already right behind my black and yellow cl22. For me the mad dawg felt exactly like the cl22. Going to get some swings on the white cl and see what the fuss is all about

TRaj2327

Meh....outside of the J3U, I'd also recommend a CL22 just for the simple fact there is nothing else with a composite handle and USSSA specs. The lower weight CL22's aren't terribly endloaded just like the Juggy line. Obviously there will be some differences in feel though considering they use two different barrel materials and the handle differences.

TRaj2327

The future would be a decent counterpart but I think it's far too endloaded to be like a Juggy. Everything else is essentially a CL22, so I'd still say CL22 because the way it swings is more similar to the Juggy line than the Future. Even if we agree to disagree, the Future certainly doesn't save anyone from "shooting themselves out back" over the CL22.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
Maybe I'm just speaking for my 26.5oz future but there isn't very much endload there. 27.5oz is another story. I'm not saying the future and cl22 are world's apart, like a juggy and cl22, just saying its closer.
And btw where the hell is the new line preorder ****? Lol