Bicep pain from practicing oppo?

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
You're doing something wrong. Too heavy a bat/not enough arm strength, bad technique, previous injury...Video would help.

robokill

Manager
You're doing something wrong. Too heavy a bat/not enough arm strength, bad technique, previous injury...Video would help.
Using 26/27 oz bat so I don't think it's from a bat that is too heavy. Probably technique, might get a vid up eventually.

Pdpwally

Coach
This happens to me when I use live pitching sometimes... It's improper technique. I think it's from over extending during the swing

zuke 37

Star Player
i think you will find the trouble is in your forearm, i would do some forearm strighining exercizes, your bicep will get some needed support from the front

try those little triangles wrist squizers , also sit with your elbow on your knee with a bat in your hand and do windmills withnyour wrist. like a windshield whipper

another good one for forearm power, at wall mart get a wrist roller about $15.00 use only 10 pounds roll the weight up about half way to suspend the weight and roll the weight up overhand and backhand plus hold the bar like a bat and roll the weight up with your hitting motion

start with that and if the pain continues you might have a hidden injury and something could be really wromg

robokill

Manager
This happens to me when I use live pitching sometimes... It's improper technique. I think it's from over extending during the swing
Yeah, that feels like it could be the problem.

i think you will find the trouble is in your forearm, i would do some forearm strighining exercizes, your bicep will get some needed support from the front

try those little triangles wrist squizers , also sit with your elbow on your knee with a bat in your hand and do windmills withnyour wrist. like a windshield whipper

another good one for forearm power, at wall mart get a wrist roller about $15.00 use only 10 pounds roll the weight up about half way to suspend the weight and roll the weight up overhand and backhand plus hold the bar like a bat and roll the weight up with your hitting motion

start with that and if the pain continues you might have a hidden injury and something could be really wromg
Will do, thx.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
If you feel pain ....quit oppo...having torn both bicep tendons on each side...when you feel the bicep pain, the tear is not far behind. Just be careful. AS mentioned, it might be poor mechanics or the bicep may be strained from something else already. They go fast and surgery is not an easy option.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
In most cases Hitting oppo requires you to wait till the ball is deeper in the box, hard to do with a T unless you move up. Do you have this problem when doing it live.

robokill

Manager
If you feel pain ....quit oppo...having torn both bicep tendons on each side...when you feel the bicep pain, the tear is not far behind. Just be careful. AS mentioned, it might be poor mechanics or the bicep may be strained from something else already. They go fast and surgery is not an easy option.
Yeah, I'm going to stop for a while and then give it another shot.

In most cases Hitting oppo requires you to wait till the ball is deeper in the box, hard to do with a T unless you move up. Do you have this problem when doing it live.
I do move up with the tee. Rarely get to hit live BP but I think I have the same problem, maybe a little less severe though.