Big Albert traded

SCme

Some Custom Title
To NE for a 5 rd pick in 2013.:eek: If he plays like he can this might have to be reported as thief to the local police. Seems they have a way of picking up talent for nothing, have then go off and they trade away for a ton of picks. No matter who your team is, have to respect NE for that ability.

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
I'm pretty sure that the Redskins were going to release him, but didn't want the Eagles to pick him up. So, they traded him to the Patriots (for next to nothing) to keep him from going to a team in the division.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
I just read that he is only due $5M this year...I thought he signed some ridiculous deal a couple years ago that had made him the highest paid defensive player in the league at the time???

rkdgator

Addicted to Softballfans
I think that contract was pretty frontloaded. He made almost $25m last year. Hope he and Beli have fun together!

Stretch19

Grow up
he will be a monster for the Pats this year...nothing like having the biggest 2 off season acquisitions traded off for a 5th and 2 6th round picks...way to go skins

bigdog69

the 1 and only
i dont get this deal his hole problem in washington was being in a 3-4 defense so anouther 3-4 picks up his monster contract i know beli is a dam good coach i just dont get it

Beer_Leaguer

Not Drunk.
Chances are NE won't owe him much when all the info on the deal comes out. Low risk, high reward for a guy who was one of the most disruptive defensive players in the NFL 2 years ago. Maybe the chance of winning a super bowl ring will entice him to actually try. God knows he wasn't getting one in Washington during his career.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
he will be a monster for the Pats this year...nothing like having the biggest 2 off season acquisitions traded off for a 5th and 2 6th round picks...way to go skins

If so, it will be because he will be thinking of contract negotiations. They may be able to squeeze a good year out of him but he is a mess.

This is the best of Albert:

Last edited by a moderator:

FAT JESUS

More than likely
i dont get this deal his hole problem in washington was being in a 3-4 defense so anouther 3-4 picks up his monster contract i know beli is a dam good coach i just dont get it

He's only making 5mil, has to pass the physical, and they will just cut him if he doesnt perform........remember Dillon, and Moss? How did those turn out?

FAT JESUS

More than likely
If so, it will be because he will be thinking of contract negotiations. They may be able to squeeze a good year out of him but he is a mess.

This is the best of Albert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFzp3uHua40

OK then we got one good year for basically a used jock strap, and a bag of balls. Wilfork AND Hanesworth in the middle? Try running through that ****, middle is literally closed. They will never give him a big contract, so who cares? Trust me I am a Pats lifer, this is a win/win for them either way.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
OK then we got one good year for basically a used jock strap, and a bag of balls. Wilfork AND Hanesworth in the middle? Try running through that ****, middle is literally closed. They will never give him a big contract, so who cares? Trust me I am a Pats lifer, this is a win/win for them either way.

If he comes to play he has talent. The Pats are hoping he has a chip on his shoulder to stick it to the skins. I think one good year is possible. 2 good years, not so likely.

Beer_Leaguer

Not Drunk.

Pats run a 3-4. He will probably be spelling Wilfork and playing a little DE.

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
Pats run a 3-4. He will probably be spelling Wilfork and playing a little DE.

Not a Pats fan, but I think they run a "hybrid" 3-4 defense. Which kinda means that it wouldn't be completely out of the question if they use both at the same time.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
I think he will apply himself and do alright. If he turns back into the beast he was, Snyder will send some goons to donkey punch him in the throat!