BJ Upton blows!

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
The Rays have done an overall great job with their draft picks over the years. A lot of their talent comes directly through their farm system. Yes, this is a result of so many bad years that they were getting top 5 picks year in and year out, but I commend their scouts and management for taking valuable draft picks.

To be honest, I think they had even made a decent pick in taking Upton. Everyone can Monday morning quarterback and say they should have taken Prince Fielder, Scott Kazmir, Cole Hamels, Denard Span, Matt Cain, etc., but at the end of the day he is probably the best out of the top 5 picks in 2002 and was projected to be an All-Star. However, the Rays have to say enough is enough with this guy. $3 million for a guy with a .220 avg., high K numbers, and he doesn't hustle is absolutely absurd.

If BJ had half the heart of a guy like David Eckstein, he would be a stud. But because he couldn't give two s**ts, he is sucks ass!!!

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Dont you remember when he single handedly carried them over the Red Sox in the playoffs a few years ago(Longoria helped, but for the sake of my arguement Upton carried them

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Dont you remember when he single handedly carried them over the Red Sox in the playoffs a few years ago(Longoria helped, but for the sake of my arguement Upton carried them

I didn't remember that. Instead you just reminded me about why they took him #2 and why he has continued to be a failure in Tampa. He has the potential to be a stud like we saw in the playoffs, but instead he is a below average MLBer making $3 million.

cyber2nd

Luv the Stars n Stripes
I had hoped that losing in salary arbitration, if you can call three million losing, and his brothers $51 million contract that BJ would finally shape up and actually give it 100% every night. I was wrong.

rb30

9 - 5
I bet if he didn't smoke so much pot he might have a bit more ambition to be as good as his potential

Fatty

Addicted to Softballfans

That series of games is exactly why he's making $3M/year now (hitting .230).

Everyone keeps hoping they'll catch him in flashes of brilliance again:rolleyes:

He blows. He's dead weight.

He sucks SOOOOO bad with a bat in his hand these days. It's been nearly 2 seasons since then, it's about time he started playing that way again or they need to bounce him to the minors.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Its just Manny being Manny guys.

Does that not work here?

When he starts putting up 30+ hrs, 100+ rbis, and batting .300+, I will allow the BJ being BJ lines. Hell I don't care if he has to use steroids, I would still be happier than his current performance.

Beez_33

M-A-(dolla sign)-E
When he starts putting up 30+ hrs, 100+ rbis, and batting .300+, I will allow the BJ being BJ lines. Hell I don't care if he has to use steroids, I would still be happier than his current performance.

Bj being Bj sounds rotic and I don't like it.