Black Ops, IDP, ID2P

RODOJR13

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking to buy one of these but wanted some feedback. Which one is the best for their price. I know a couple of you local guys have the black ops bag, has anyone used the IDP. Is the black ops worth the extra money.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Rob, my oldest has been using the same IDP for baseball for over 4 years now and it has no tears in it. Let's just say he doesn't take any care in his stuff so that's pretty damn amazing. He had a worth before that and it ripped after a month. I have the Black Ops and I just don't see why everyone is so enamored with it. For the money it just isn't the end all of all bags. I think the Tanel one I had before was a better bag.

Last edited:

damiannickolei

Banned User
Chenner do you mean the black ops is all that? The Idp bag was great for me I've had two. The tanel bag is really nice and carts everythig and can be organized much better

Shortyaz69

Addicted to Softballfans
What's up bud! Hope you been doin well!

Anyway, as far as bags go, Chenner is definately gonna be the best source for info, as I'm sure you know. I think he's tested about every bag on the market.... (HA, J/K Chen)

For what it's worth, I really like my black ops, foremost because its rigidity. That being said, it looks like ID2P has a few of the same features as the black ops, like ind. bat sleeves, and similar design of the upper compartments, and it may even stand up on its own? I've seen a few in stores, and a dude at the park had one a couple months ago, didn't ask him about, didn't care, lol. I think The Black ops is the burliest of the three, but is still about 2X the price of the ID2P, so it's just a matter of doing some cost-benefit analysis.

RODOJR13

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Chenner, you had to throw in another option. That tanel bag is pretty sweet looking. Whats up Matt, how you been.The sperated bat sleeves is what i like about the Demarini's. Makes sense for me to not go with the most expensive bag, I don't play that much ball. I appreciate the help guys. Anything is an upgrade in size from my Easton backpack so I'll check out the pricing on the Tanel or stick with the IDP. I'll be sporting a new bag by the SD.

ck1

The Madness
The only thing the black ops needs is a firm divider that separates the main compartment from the cleat area. Otherwise when you stand the bag upright or have it standing whilst clipped to the fence, all the bag's contents fall to the bottom rendering it impossible to put your cleats in the bag. The other thing would be to put higher quality zippers on the bag so the handles don't break off so easily.

Such simple fixes would make this bag so useful and so perfect.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
I corrected my previous post. Yes the Black Ops is not worth the money IMO.

I've owned Elite, Boombah, Worth, Tanel, Miken, TYJA, No Errors, and Demarini roller bags in the last 6 years so yes I've tried a few.

damiannickolei

Banned User
It need more than just that. It definitely need the cleat divider and then a shelf divider in the main compartment. Honestly if the black ops was just a smaller replica version of the rage bag that would be perfect.