Black pants hotter than other colors

comike14

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey Guys what are you thoughts on black pant's. Are they hotter than gray or white. Thanks

Jbird11

When its hot out, its hot no matter what color you have on. The material of the pant (or shirts) have more to do with how hot they are than the color.

MT#16

Same **** different Day
a4310246-147-huh.jpg

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
team wears black and red venoms and i cant tell the difference between the black ones or a different pair of gray ones i own.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
When its hot out, its hot no matter what color you have on. The material of the pant (or shirts) have more to do with how hot they are than the color.

This, you have no idea how many times I've heard "Black pants are too hot!" bitching. When it's over 100 degrees on a field, it makes little difference what colors you have on.

Stroh13

+1 for the material making a difference. I'm a boombah guy on pants. They've always fit me well and been very comfortable. I have had white, grey, black and navy. I notice no difference. With that said I have a thin pair of Worth that I'll wear when it is extremely hot.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
In Denver it probably won't matter much. We had black pants down here last year and it was the dumbest thing imaginable. Yes, the material matters most, but if all things are equal black pants are at least 5 degrees hotter. I've never tried UA CoolBlack, but I doubt Boombah has an equivalent and I don't think they've gotten to pants yet.

If you buy black pants, wear shorts underneath and take them off between every game, and don't ever get in the loser's bracket. You're welcome.

comike14

Addicted to Softballfans
jbo911, thanks for the advise. I did buy some black one's. Will have they here next week.

jsiders6

Addicted to Softballfans
scientificly yes, black is hotter then white. (Not gonna get into a debate so if you wanna know google it). Should we as softball players playing in heat from 80-100 really care....probably not!

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
Our team has a pair of black and a pair of red both are darker colors than white but I will not play in shorts anymore. I would also rather keep the darker pants than go white and have them not come clean after a while.

comike14

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey Guys just and update i got my pants in the fit amazing and it was no hotter than wearing my gray one's. Thanks for all the advise. and thanks to Boombah for a great pant.

1fastz28

Addicted to Softballfans
Did yours come with a zipper? I ordered a new pair and got them at the end of last week. They have no zipper. I will be calling them to get a new pair. I hate when this happens and you have the hassle of returning them and waiting for the new pair.

comike14

Addicted to Softballfans
Did yours come with a zipper? I ordered a new pair and got them at the end of last week. They have no zipper. I will be calling them to get a new pair. I hate when this happens and you have the hassle of returning them and waiting for the new pair.

Mine keep perfect. Sorry to hear yours are mess up. I love my Boombah pants.