BLD League City Question

TastySalami

Addicted to Softballfans
I am going to be playing in the Derricks and Diamonds tourny in April and was wondering if anyone knew if BLD typically runs their tourny's under a certain association. I couldn't find any info on the Derricks and Diamonds website.

I ask because all I play is ASA in The Woodlands and if I need to pick up a utrip bat before hand I am glad to do it.

Thanks in advance fellas.

zgalliher

Manager
This must be a private event. I suggest you contact BLD directly. The park allows you to swing USSSA and ASA bats in league and most of the tourneys are USSSA that are held there. If they don't know I would call the individual hosting the tourney.

Hope this helps.

Big League Dreams - League City, Texas
1150 Big League Dreams Pkwy.
League City, TX 77573
(281) 316-3400
[email protected]

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
BLD league is NSA I think. You can use utrip bats. I think I saw in one of the team photos here at Schlumberger some utrip bats. I wouldn't go out and buy anything just for that tournament though. If you are comfortable swinging ASA stick with it. Who are you playing/work for? I am trying to get on one of the Schlumberger teams, but dont know who to talk to about it.

TastySalami

Addicted to Softballfans
BLD league is NSA I think. You can use utrip bats. I think I saw in one of the team photos here at Schlumberger some utrip bats. I wouldn't go out and buy anything just for that tournament though. If you are comfortable swinging ASA stick with it. Who are you playing/work for? I am trying to get on one of the Schlumberger teams, but dont know who to talk to about it.

I used to work at Deloitte, we audit a bunch of the oilfield companies here in Houston, so I will be playing on one of those teams.

I know Schlumberger should have quite a few teams, both of my parents work there and we were talking about it this weekend, unfortunately I don't know anyone there with a team.

I may not buy a bat if its utrip or ASA, but if for some reason they didnt care what bats out there I was thinking about picking up a senior league bat. ;) But i doubt that is the case.

txbullets

The OG JayZ
So it takes real men to sale parts to the oil field lmk?:eek:

See that is what I was wondering? We are a contractor for many oilfield compnaies. Doubt I could put a team together but was not sure if I would be eligable to play with another team should I find one to play with.:rolleyes:

luckyc1423

The Veteran
I use to work with NOV and helped run the derricks and diamonds event the year before last. I believe its NSA but noone protested people for using other bats.

This is more of a laid back tournament. Everyone is raising funds for texas childrens hospital. And yes, very expensive to enter but usually company floats the tab.

I would like to play in this as well. I no longer work for NOV now im working for Baker and baker doesnt participate.

Its a co-ed tournament as well.

sfortune

Chuckin' and Duckin'
Baker participates in everything, they dont have a team in this?? If I am correct it used to be $5K / team.

Yes *****, it does take a real man to sell to the oil patch, these ***** out sessions are where real men are made :D, then we make it up to them with golf, lunch and sporting events :D

txbullets

The OG JayZ
Baker participates in everything, they dont have a team in this?? If I am correct it used to be $5K / team.

Yes *****, it does take a real man to sell to the oil patch, these ***** out sessions are where real men are made :D, then we make it up to them with golf, lunch and sporting events :D

I didn't know hitting BP 2-3 days a week from 11am to 2pm was considered selling? :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

rolo030

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the rule book for last years tournament on an email I can forward it to you if you would like.

rolo030

Addicted to Softballfans
I work for NOV and we are playing in it. If i'm not mistaken its modified ASA.

I think you are right I did not see any association on it but it was asa pitching with the mat and 1.20 bpf bats. lots of asa bats and hammers out there it is more for fun than anything

jbe_17

Star Player
I was talking to a friend of mine who played last year and he said they have like a safety home plate and if you cross a line rounding third you have to go all the way and play becomes a force. Just little things like that to keep it safe.

Dr. Longball

OG Hit and Sit
I've tried to get my company a team in this for the last five years. 5 grand for a team is a bit steep...even for my company. I've hit in the derby a couple of times but never had a team in. Sometimes it is the same weekend as Bud.