Boombah Boss 2014 vs05 vs 2016

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Stiff 2 piece endload that swings like a DC41 or similar? Guess i will find out when I get mine. :thumb:

CA0

Starting Player
I haven't seen anybody swinging these so I was just curious. What conference team do you actually play on?

Asp/Venom out of Wisconsin. Played with Compound Athletics last year. Been swinging Boombah for last 3 years. This years bat is above and beyond any other Boombah bat thus far.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
How is the 2014 Utrip Boss compared to the 2014 ASA version? Seen a few reviews for the ASA, but not much on the Utrip.

EastCoastATL

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm down here at the Chattanooga conference tournament don't see anybody using any Boombah bats. Is there anybody down here you know that has them?

CA0

Starting Player
I'm down here at the Chattanooga conference tournament don't see anybody using any Boombah bats. Is there anybody down here you know that has them?

Lyf Nimmo of Xtreme/Miken swings Asp Boombah. Marcus Thortnon, Ethan Stuckly of BHR swing Boombah Boss. And Blaine Barth of SOL is actually swinging my bats. Hope this helps.

Fury21

Chillin in the QC
Who are you playing with? If you demo/swing i'd be curious to know thoughts on the new boss.
The dually bat they brought out is very good.

Last edited:
I bought my 2014 ASA Boss new and it still doesn't feel completely broken in. Once it passed the 300 hit mark though, I saw a significant change. I'm wondering if the newer ones are hotter? Also, I'm about to start playing in an ASA league that allows Utrip bats. I know Utrip bats used to be hotter, hands down, but is that still the case?

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
Well, that's a tough one. I think Utrip has the hottest bat with the right ball. But I think with .52cor mush ball ASA uses most, you are wise to select mush ball killers. All the non-linear bats (Monsta DNA/Torch 15-17, Demarini USA aftermath 15-17, Miken DC41/Freak PT 17, Boombah T3 17, Worth EST 17) will be best for ASA rules/balls. The Boombah T3 w/ warranty and the Monsta Torch No warranty are the best bangs for the buck IMO.

Well, that's a tough one. I think Utrip has the hottest bat with the right ball. But I think with .52cor mush ball ASA uses most, you are wise to select mush ball killers. All the non-linear bats (Monsta DNA/Torch 15-17, Demarini USA aftermath 15-17, Miken DC41/Freak PT 17, Boombah T3 17, Worth EST 17) will be best for ASA rules/balls. The Boombah T3 w/ warranty and the Monsta Torch No warranty are the best bangs for the buck IMO.

good point, the mush balls make a huge difference

chile

Bad Ape
our league still uses 44/375 much thunder heats...3-4 hits on them, then they're socks...i'm debating about the 14 for league...