Boombah Boss 2014 vs05 vs 2016

blajer72

Extra Hitter
I was wondering if anyone could give me info on this subject. I was able to swing a 2014 Boss the other day and I was impressed. I looked on there website and I saw that the 2014 models are going for a really good price. I also see that the 2015 models are pretty good prices as well. I have also read on other post that the 2016 models are going be awesome when they come out. My question is, are all three models the same bat with a different paint job or is there really a difference between the three models? And if there is a difference which model is the best? Thank you for your help.

marcster13

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know about the 2016 but I do think the 2014 and 2015 asa bats are different. The 2015 seemed to be much more lively and a little more flex. The 2014 I have is a tank! It's taken a beating with no signs of breaking and as odd as it may sound I have at least 600 hits on it and feels like it still isn't as broken in as my buddies 2015 was after only 150 hits.

CA0

Starting Player
I was wondering if anyone could give me info on this subject. I was able to swing a 2014 Boss the other day and I was impressed. I looked on there website and I saw that the 2014 models are going for a really good price. I also see that the 2015 models are pretty good prices as well. I have also read on other post that the 2016 models are going be awesome when they come out. My question is, are all three models the same bat with a different paint job or is there really a difference between the three models? And if there is a difference which model is the best? Thank you for your help.

They have progressively gotten better from year to year. The 2014 was stiff and takes tons of swings. I have my first test model that has 4000 swings on it the paint is flaking off the barrel but still passes compression testing. My 2015 want near as stiff and has about 2500 swings and is at the line on compression tester. As far as the 2016 usssa bat is straight gas! Testing at 270 out of wrapper and with in 50 swings is ready to go. Have 750 swings and this thing is beyond stupid. Put it up against any bat on the market. As far as the New 2016 Dual stamp it's the best dual stamp I have hit along with Demarini's dual stamp. So to answer your question they are all different bats.

blajer72

Extra Hitter
They have progressively gotten better from year to year. The 2014 was stiff and takes tons of swings. I have my first test model that has 4000 swings on it the paint is flaking off the barrel but still passes compression testing. My 2015 want near as stiff and has about 2500 swings and is at the line on compression tester. As far as the 2016 usssa bat is straight gas! Testing at 270 out of wrapper and with in 50 swings is ready to go. Have 750 swings and this thing is beyond stupid. Put it up against any bat on the market. As far as the New 2016 Dual stamp it's the best dual stamp I have hit along with Demarini's dual stamp. So to answer your question they are all different bats.

So the 2016 is the best of the three. Any idea when they will be out for sale?

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

Ill take your word for it..................but the 2015 Utrip was not the same as the 2014, it was also a turd circus.
However..............the ASA Boss is a keeper, every year!!!!:thumb:

blajer72

Extra Hitter
Ill take your word for it..................but the 2015 Utrip was not the same as the 2014, it was also a turd circus.
However..............the ASA Boss is a keeper, every year!!!!:thumb:

Oh ok. Well I was looking at selling off or trading some of my collection to get one of each a Utrip and ASA. So you are saying that the ASA's are hot but the 2014 and 2015 Utrip Boss bats are not all that great?

johnnybravo6

The Edumacated One
Just do yourself a favor and pick up the Dually best Boss by far. Wish we had utrip cause I would pick one of each up.

M

MJL 00

Video on youtube to prove it

So the 2016 is the best of the three. Any idea when they will be out for sale?

Couldn't agree more and have all of them

Just do yourself a favor and pick up the Dually best Boss by far. Wish we had utrip cause I would pick one of each up.

This young man is correct. Honest love them all BUT the Dually has to be one of the best bats ive hit AND I have a ton of them...

For $199.99 and that's with a warranty how can you go wrong...

FYI The Dually breaks in faster then the 14 and 15 Boss IMO

M

MJL 00

What barrel size and load does the dually have?

They stuck with the 13" barrel. The EL feels identical to the Boss series IMO. Sound is same BUT changes quicker. Best graphix yet for Boombah.

CA0

Starting Player
Looks like early Jan release for these bats. Will keep ya posted when they arrive.

CA0

Starting Player
Fist week of Jan. We don't want to put a hard release on it just incase we can't everything together in time.

Boombah1

Addicted to Softballfans
Boombah Boss 3.0

The Boombah Boss XRT 3.0 and Boombah Boss XRT 3.0 Dually are now available.

RaiderKit

Addicted to Softballfans
My 14 Asa boss has 1000 hits on it and it's killing the ball. All compressions and looks like it has 50 hits on it.