Boombah Turf Opinions

FireGuyQ

Im looking to replace my Tanels with Boombahs. I prefer to play in kids. For those that wear Boombahs, which would you suggest? How is the durability (I usually got two years out of my Tabels). I predominantly play in the outfield. Any other information concerning boombah Turfs would be greatly appreciated.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
The new turfs are very comfortable I have a pair and the feel great. I don’t know about the durability I only play twice a week. But compared to the original bombs turfs these are a huge improvement in comfort and grip.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Personally i would never recommend boombah turfs, especially for outfield. The ones I had fell apart after 10 games, next pair same thing. The third pair i got from them lasted 25, i only play infield and i felt the tread was good for that but any running i did into the grass was scary because of the lack of grip.

AntonChigurh

The new turfs are very comfortable I have a pair and the feel great. I don’t know about the durability I only play twice a week. But compared to the original bombs turfs these are a huge improvement in comfort and grip.
I agree, I’ve got the new ones in camo, think they’re in clearance now. Comfortable, great grip.

chile

Bad Ape
been using the swarm trails for a season (3 games a week)...no issues with durability or traction in the OF (with "heavy" grass) or rounding bases (knocks on wood). honestly, never had any issues with boombahs in over 10+ years using them (and I buy 90% off the clearance section).

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i've gone through enough boombahs over the years through team buys and what that i consider them throw away shoes. they always felt big and clunky . i've not tried their salomon copies though.

BOK11

They're decent turfs, and obviously you can get them for cheap, but they do not last very long.

blakcherry329

I've never really had a problem with Boombahs and I pitch. I don't know if I'm harder on them than an OFer would be, but you can't go wrong with $25 for turfs.

JN137

Anybody wear turfs for OF/grass? Wanting to switch to Turfs but obviously concerned with less traction on the grass

Last edited:

nam2212

Dr. Nick
HAHA! Same happened to me with the 3N2s. I contacted the owner on here and he got me a new pair which immediately fell apart after a month. I called him back up and he sent me the new model "at cost" which was very cheap. I am still wearing those now. The quality was MUCH better then the first 2 pairs.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
HAHA! Same happened to me with the 3N2s. I contacted the owner on here and he got me a new pair which immediately fell apart after a month. I called him back up and he sent me the new model "at cost" which was very cheap. I am still wearing those now. The quality was MUCH better then the first 2 pairs.
i had the same problem. bought a pair during their $9.99 clearance sale, went through 3 pairs in as many weeks. 4th pair got sold immediately for $20. Great CS, horrible QC.