Boss 3.0

CA0

Starting Player
Are all of the usssa having durability issues or just a select few?

A few of the first batch were affected. The first batch was a small batch to begin with. We have it worked out and the next batch in March are straight gas with no durability issues. Have one now with 240 impacts on it with 120 with ZN and hot dots and the other 120 with Stadium ZN's.

M

MJL 00

Not utrip but my Dually is prime and has around 350 cuts. Does have a lot of webbing BUT for me that's fine straight gamer now. Will be picking up another ASAP for $200 cant go wrong with warranty

J2009

Boom !!!!!
Hope there better than the asp boombah don't get me wrong it was hot but my asp cracked today with 100 swings

J2009

Boom !!!!!
13 inch just called boombah and the new one isn't out yet so I'm holding on this until I can get the 12inch

mcmurton

Addicted to Softballfans
Just picked up a Miken F30, any reason to pick one of these up too?

Finally got to hit 3.0 outside. Put 50+ swings on it. Last 20 bat started to open up and ball really started to carry. It was not far behind a broken in Freak 12 and was ahead of a 2016.Juggy. Intrigued to see when bat gets few hundred swings

Last edited:

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Shame they didn't do this with the dually
FB_IMG_1462405350260_zpsnfg3knwz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

doublebagel

Manager
what weight did you get? I've swung the 27oz Dually and utrip Boss 3.0 and I didn't think it was super endloaded. I tend to swing balanced bats.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I assume the ASP Boombah is the Boss 3.0 with a different paint job? I swung the ASP last night and it felt pretty good when I found the sweet spot. I was hitting in a cage so I couldn't tell distance and I'm not sure how many hits were previously on the bat (id say not many). The bat was a 26 and you could feel that there was EL but it wasn't anything extreme. Sweet spot seemed to be towards the middle of the barrel not towards the end like my beloved eastons.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Whats a 26oz returnable no receipt go for? 60 hits max and a league night double header. No issues...

9iutep.jpg
oa3rs0.jpg

single wally

Professional Amateur
How's the weighting / endloading on these in 27oz and 28oz? I usually like 27oz very endloaded or 28oz balanced.

Sideways Guy

Addicted to Softballfans
This bat instantly became a team favorite last night. Something about it- had guys hitting line drives all over the place, and my team isn't a bunch of big time players. Was pleasantly surprised by how it performed! Slick looking bat that gets the job done. Definitely has an endload to it, felt considerably heavier than the 26oz Z4k bal and 27oz ST100- for comparison... swung great tho.

doublebagel

Manager
This bat instantly became a team favorite last night. Something about it- had guys hitting line drives all over the place, and my team isn't a bunch of big time players. Was pleasantly surprised by how it performed! Slick looking bat that gets the job done. Definitely has an endload to it, felt considerably heavier than the 26oz Z4k bal and 27oz ST100- for comparison... swung great tho.

can anybody compare the weighting to the current Miken Line? Currently swinging a 27 black DC.

Played with CA0 lastnight (thanks again for the invite) there were about 5 Boss's on this team, 3.0's, my dually, new ASP and a few POW's, and all were hitting lasers.

His gamer broke and he said it had every bit of 1000 swings on it with all kinds of balls. thats pretty impressive for a new line bat with being as hot as it is.

As for the weighting, its has a sizable endload. The only other Miken that was there for me to compare it to was the Freak Black Bal which is not a comp since its balanced but there was a 27.5oz JH lite and the Boss had more endload. The Boss is a full ounce. It didn't bother me but the 27oz felt like a 28oz, it swings smooth though.

CA0

Starting Player
Played with CA0 lastnight (thanks again for the invite) there were about 5 Boss's on this team, 3.0's, my dually, new ASP and a few POW's, and all were hitting lasers.

His gamer broke and he said it had every bit of 1000 swings on it with all kinds of balls. thats pretty impressive for a new line bat with being as hot as it is.

As for the weighting, its has a sizable endload. The only other Miken that was there for me to compare it to was the Freak Black Bal which is not a comp since its balanced but there was a 27.5oz JH lite and the Boss had more endload. The Boss is a full ounce. It didn't bother me but the 27oz felt like a 28oz, it swings smooth though.

Thanks for coming out. Your Dually was hitting lasers. Lead off guy on our team loved it and was hitting really well with it. Yes sadly my bat I have had since Jan finally broke. 1000 swings with every ball. Stadiums/Classic/hot dots. These bats are awesome.

EastCoastATL

Addicted to Softballfans
If you want a hot bat just pre order the New Easton Flex from softball fans. That bat is crazy stupid out the wrapper.