Bought my first higher quality glove yesterday

Malaboo27

Extra Hitter
Finally bought myself my first glove over $50 and I'm very impressed with the quality of this glove compared to my past gloves. It's a pro303-6jb.

Jomatty

Starting Player
Excellent choice. I saw one of those at play it again sports yesterday but it was left handed...talk about a bummer, I thought I'd hit the jackpot for a second.

I have wilson a2ks, a2000, softball pro flares, pro preferred mizuno and a few others but my favorite gloves are my hoh's and I like the JB ones the best. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

Last edited:

Crusher09

2x Pinewood Derby Champ!
I have the 13" stamped model. I love this glove. Chose to use this one over the c55 flare h web

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Five gloves for me, my son and daughter since August thanks to this site and Gloveworks. 2 HOH's and the rest PP's and I love the smell of our house even more now.

Kevbach

Part Time Player
There's just something about the JB HOH leather (and all the other traditional colors [tans, camel, burgundy and even the oiled black leather]) that's so likeable... I can't quite put my finger on it.

Great choice!

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Just tried one on yesterday at richard's.
Very nice glove, you are on your way to appreciating good leather

F

n8ers

Word
Just tried one on yesterday at richard's.
Very nice glove, you are on your way to appreciating good leather

F

I love you make having an uncontrollable addiction sound so good. "appreciating good leather"

That being said I only have 1 glove these days,,,, but my 8 year old has 4. I'm living out my addiction through him.

Nice pick up though... these are great if you like 13" gloves!

Nate

Jomatty

Starting Player
I love you make having an uncontrollable addiction sound so good. "appreciating good leather"

That being said I only have 1 glove these days,,,, but my 8 year old has 4. I'm living out my addiction through him.

Nice pick up though... these are great if you like 13" gloves!

Nate

Yeah I do the same thing. My 11 year old has 5 gloves. He likes them but would honestly be fine with 1. When he plays first base he doesn't use the first base mitt and when he plays outfield he forgets to get his outfield glove half the time. At least when he catches he uses his hoh catchers mitt and fortunately he has a japan a2000 and a pro preferred to play infield with...true sickness

n8ers

Word
Yeah I do the same thing. My 11 year old has 5 gloves. He likes them but would honestly be fine with 1. When he plays first base he doesn't use the first base mitt and when he plays outfield he forgets to get his outfield glove half the time. At least when he catches he uses his hoh catchers mitt and fortunately he has a japan a2000 and a pro preferred to play infield with...true sickness

Nice selection there!

My boy actually rotates his gloves well. He has HOH PRO1175-6TI for middle IF, A2000 DW5 for 3B OF and P, A2K 2800 for 1B and lastly an Easton PRO KIP 33.5" catchers mitt.

MaverickAH

Finally bought myself my first glove over $50 and I'm very impressed with the quality of this glove compared to my past gloves. It's a pro303-6jb.

Congrats!

Now make sure you learn all you can about breaking it in properly. A lot of guys do some stupid things when they make a big jump in quality like that. Invest in a glove mallet.

Malaboo27

Extra Hitter
Congrats!

Now make sure you learn all you can about breaking it in properly. A lot of guys do some stupid things when they make a big jump in quality like that. Invest in a glove mallet.

Will do. Just played some catch yesterday before league and couch catch the last couple days. Incredibly stiff compared to what I'm used to so I stuck with my old glove for the game last night until it breaks in some more.

Bballkking1

The Veteran
Ya no need to rush the break in. Once a part of that glove become flexible or even "floppy" it can't be undone(unless you do glove surgery). So go slow and break in the proper areas/creases only.