Bp ball bag

LC77

Manager
I use 3 or 4 of these for 80-100 balls. Anything over 30 balls per bag starts wearing out the strap to bag connection.
The netting bags are good for hosing off evil bp rockets occasionally and hanging them to dry. I got 6 of them for ~$8 ea on ebay a couple years ago.
There is a strip of fabric at the zipper which could be made wider for the Evil logo.

Netballbag_zps95bcf8c5.jpg

alteredzx

Bazinga
I carry 250+ in a hockey goalie gear bag. we hit all day and only chase balls one time. right before we leave.

GUS1

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO a Duffel bag size works great for 50-60 balls...not to big, not to heavy and fits great in the trunk with out taking up much room...

Pumacat35

Professional Hitter
50 for our tournament BP bag

But we also have a practice BP garbage can probably holds 350-400, 2-3 guys can get in a couple rounds before having to pick up

MN03

Addicted to Softballfans
I have around 80 - 120 in the bag. Depending on if any get mushy or ripped and get thrown out. I use a big green army surplus duffle bag to carry them. Thing is built to carry a lot more weight then these balls.

Last edited:

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
25 in a five gallon bucket.

I was doing this up until this past offseason when I finally accumulated about 60 bp balls. Now I carry them in my old boombah beast roller. Leave my bp bat in the bat slot to keep it rigid. Works like a charm. Could easily carry another 40 or 50 balls in it.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
If you built a heavier duty version of that basketball bag you could put a bat sleeve on either side in lieu of building in a frame and then throw wheels on it. Couple bp bats and it's gtg

TheKid33

Star Player
I carry like 15 balls and hit with atleast 3 other guys at a time. Not a big deal to track balls down as I'm only 25 years old so I can run around the field no problem. I know it's got to be difficult for some of the older cats because that's expending slot of energy when really the older dudes shouldn't be tracking balls, just hitting lol

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you built a heavier duty version of that basketball bag you could put a bat sleeve on either side in lieu of building in a frame and then throw wheels on it. Couple bp bats and it's gtg
I like this idea. I have two older aluminum bats I like to warm up with that I'd gladly leave in one sleeve or the other for stability if I didn't have two other bats loaded up for bp already.

You'd have to make sure there was plenty of reinforcement between the the balls and the bat sleeve to make sure it's not too difficult to get the bats in if the bag is full of balls. In case you're changing out bats, etc.

I carry like 15 balls and hit with atleast 3 other guys at a time. Not a big deal to track balls down as I'm only 25 years old so I can run around the field no problem. I know it's got to be difficult for some of the older cats because that's expending slot of energy when really the older dudes shouldn't be tracking balls, just hitting lol

Are you taking batting practice or fly ball practice? Athletic and endurance-wise I could pick up balls and track fly balls, but that just takes away time from swinging too. If we always had the right mix of guys that'd be fine, but if you get too many people then you're more rested, but standing around waiting for your turn to hit too much. Too few and you wear yourself out faster.

I used to hit with one guy who had close to 200 balls. We rarely hit all of them, but we could hit most of them and be done in an hour if we hustled. Work the whole field, anything you want.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I BP with the same two buddies most of the time and we discovered BPs much more fun if we have one guy pitch and the other two taking turns taking swings. We can all shoot the ish, critique swings, etc. rather than having the one guy running all over the outfield shagging balls. After you hit the 60 balls you have, all three people go and pick em up. Best way weve found to do bp.

When we only had the bucket, one guy would hit the bucket and then wed shag, then the next guy would hit. Gets boring and tiring.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I BP with the same two buddies most of the time and we discovered BPs much more fun if we have one guy pitch and the other two taking turns taking swings. We can all shoot the ish, critique swings, etc. rather than having the one guy running all over the outfield shagging balls. After you hit the 60 balls you have, all three people go and pick em up. Best way weve found to do bp.

When we only had the bucket, one guy would hit the bucket and then wed shag, then the next guy would hit. Gets boring and tiring.

Exactly. If you can have 3-4 shagging with one pitching and two hitting it can go okay, but unless you have at least 2, and preferably 3 pitchers this rotation sucks for the pitcher as they usually have to go right back to work after hitting. Equal shooting of the **** is best for all. :D

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor

Gotta get some of the local kids to come out and shag for you. Pay um $5 and maybe a bonus for actually catching some:thumb:

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Exactly. If you can have 3-4 shagging with one pitching and two hitting it can go okay, but unless you have at least 2, and preferably 3 pitchers this rotation sucks for the pitcher as they usually have to go right back to work after hitting. Equal shooting of the **** is best for all. :D

It does suck as Im really the only pitcher we have. BP pitchers are worth $$$$

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
I carry about 50 in a 3n2 Buddy Bag roller which also carries 6 bats. My combat roller has 5 bats with 4 game balls.

Any way of making a bag that's like a large backpack but can expand to about the size of a full size roller? If the back had a plate of sorts for rigidity that was expandable, this may be possible. My wife sells 31 bags and they make a big ol' tote that doubles in size with just a simple unzip. She uses it all the time at those annoying mom-to-mom sales. If she buys a little, the bag stays smaller. If she finds a lot, she just expands it. For me, I would like a bag that I can use as a backpack at times but then expand it if need be. Maybe it's cheezy and a terrible idea. I have those a lot...

Crush17er

Addicted to Softballfans
I use my tanel bag that holds about 5 doz evil bp balls... works great but I did cut out the top small pocket to make it easier to throw the balls in it when picking up... me and another guy bp and hit 1 round per part of the field and even with pick up were still done in an hr half...

hollywood9826

The Veteran
as long as you can get on ft meade you are more than welcome and you have to bring beer the first time you come out

You guys hit BP on Meade? Where at?

I'll be down that way in may and that would be perfect thing for me to do a couple days to waitfor the traffic to die before I drive back?

As to the OG question.

2 Dozen Evil BP 52's in a 6 gallon bucket. Usually have two buckets so I can sit the buckwet on an empty bucket so I dont have to bedn down to pick them up between pitches.

Now a bag that had leg extensions and turned into a ball holder/caddy I would be intersted in. But just a mesg duffel with a logo I would not be

onecrutch

manager
I ordered a demarini duffel bag a few years ago because I liked the look. Used it for BP holding 80 balls. Kicked it around and it has held up without any issuses. I believe someone mentioned using their duffel bag on this thread and I will have to agree. My buddy has used cheap roller bags and it never lasts a year.

You guys hit BP on Meade? Where at?

I'll be down that way in may and that would be perfect thing for me to do a couple days to waitfor the traffic to die before I drive back?

we hit on Donahue, it's the field back behind the old 902nd building

we usually hit at least once a week, but the days vary depending on schedules

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball

Best part of taking BP!

Gotta get some of the local kids to come out and shag for you. Pay um $5 and maybe a bonus for actually catching some:thumb:

I like this..

It does suck as Im really the only pitcher we have. BP pitchers are worth $$$$

Both guys I BP with are left handed. Ones our teams pitcher so you get good stuff to hit from him, the other not so much. Then I wonder why I struggle with right handed pitchers :confused: :)