BP Balls 44/375 for my J3

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
I have about 100 beatup 44/375's from years past that I use for bp, and only 2 52/300's worthy of bp status as we just switched to this ball. Question is, would the older 44/375's be considered safe to use for my J3A, or are they still harder than the newer 52/300? I want to get out this weekend and give the J3A a true test against my OG Ext and get used to swinging it as well. I just hate the idea of hitting 2 balls then going to retrieve them every time.

drdark

Addicted to Softballfans
Swing away man first 100 cuts should be fine with any ball -- worst case is you break it in faster if u are only gonna hit 44 then it may become a prob but first 100 you should b gtg

twestman

Addicted to Softballfans
The J3A will be just fine with old 44's. Just remember to quit BP'ing it after 100-150 cuts... If it's hot from swing one, why BP it a lot? ;)

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
using bats is the leasing cause of breakage. if you want to ensure your bats don't break keep them in your closet.

ok, serious answer. it totally depends on the batter and weather. I will hit brand new 44/375's all day long with the j3a and hope it's enough to break it in. somebody else might crack it in 50 swings

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks guys. Went out today and hit about 100 balls off the tee, half with my OG Ext and the other half with the J3A. It was my first time swinging it or any new ASA bat for that matter. I am really liking the J3A. Huge sweetspot, and my 27oz swings very balanced. I didn't notice any soft or flexy feel to it. I would rate it equal with my well broken in OG Ext in terms of pop and distance. Though my longest shot of the day was actually with the J3 and a 52/300 go figure, but that was just an everything coming together perfectly type shot. It's definitely gamer worthy, and it will be getting its reps next week. Believe the hype on the J3.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I have around 500 hits with only 44/375 and 44/400 and it is holding up just fine. It absolutely kills the ball right now.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
The way I looked at it was that if it broke quickly in BP with my brand new 44/375 balls then that's better than it breaking halfway through the season. Mine is lights out right now. Small paint chip, no webbing or cracks. I will probably not swing it much this fall, friend has a og catty that I will swing when the temps dip. I do still BP it but just a couple swings before a game to get loose. My gamer for years was my og extended...right now though I would swing the j3a over it though. That says alot