BP Bat Preferences?

Captain Clobber

Chilling in the Harbor
Trying to find a good combat bp bat....let me be a little specific.... I only break in my bats then put them away....I need a durable bat that has a consistent feel to the ones in my bag....I know the old school derby was a tank...how many swings are people getting on SBs and RB ASA bats?

Shep

Addicted to Softballfans
Once all your bats are broken in, just buy a new bat and break it in. Continue process.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an old Response XXL and EST. Take my last few swings with my gamer. I rarely have all my bats broken in though so I normally have others to swing.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
The SB98 is a ridiculous tank that most would say falls into the log status. That and the RB AV are great for BP

Captain Clobber

Chilling in the Harbor
Thanks for the info guys, i heard ASA bats were tanks, but I haven't played or owned a ASA bat in five years.

Slick I love me some plagues, but I could never get more than 400 swings out of the player end cap, and usually around 800 swings from a target end cap

I agree on break in, buy another to break in, but four bats in the bag already, and the way my swingnis where I cut the ball....I will be lucky to break what I got.....already plotting on acquiring those new G2 Plagues.....

Captain Clobber

Chilling in the Harbor
How sad is it that the OG AV is being mentioned in a BP bat thread? Sad...:(.

I remember ASA in north Idaho....everyone had to have a flex, mutant, or Evo...I come out with a OG and people were like what the hell is a Combat....that thing was a lightning rod performed right with the flex

Nateorious

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone tried using evil bp balls and just continue using there gamer? If so I am wondering how well it went.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Has anyone tried using evil bp balls and just continue using there gamer? If so I am wondering how well it went.

The regular BP's (Rockets) or the BP Lites?

Evil BP's do less damage than a standard 44cor, but will still do damage over the course of time. Your best bet, once a bat is broken in, is to use really low compression practice balls (125 comp). They won't go as far, so collecting the balls is easier, and while the guys who turn BP into HR derby will complain, the only real detriment is that guys working on their fielding won't get the same speed/hops they'll see in a game.

HITTS

For me the best BP bat depends on the temp. If it's 60 & below i swing a worth asylum which they wouldn't replace when its' composite material cracked. Or the old 28 or 30 oz. old dented metal bat i have in the garage, 63° to 75° SB asa & og derby boys.
When weather is (my idea of ideal) weather 85°-105 any bat in bag that isn't a gamer. The Combatant& the jmac are bp favorite. It's fun watching heads turn when they hear that bat to ball contact sound. Then come ask what bat is that. I'm one of less than a handful of players that Combats is bat of choice in my area.