BP'd the infamous Easton L1 and B1 today

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
Ive endured all the Easton guys tell me how great these bats are and after today's Bp session I have discovered they are......decent

Maybe it's like a movie that gets over hyped or something but I was expecting more. My J3A was hotter than both. They had ~200 hits each so not totally broken in but the new CL22 I hit with 15 hits was hotter.

My two cents. Maybe I'm just used to all the flex in my Demarinis. :p

dothedew23

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree 100%. I hit my friends L2 and it has nowhere near the pop or distance that his spec one has and they have almost the same amount of swings

drdark

Addicted to Softballfans
My L1 is my gamer and probably still needs work the j3A is new stamp ASA so u can't really compare that to a utrip stamp they are "designed hotter" for the 52/300 who knows -- my L1 is out hitting my j3u with half the swings and same with my C2 although I never got over swing 75 b4 It had to go back that being said I love my demars but L1 is legit too

ck1

The Madness
I'd love for someone to tell me where to get a "2nd batch" or "3rd batch" spec.1 because the one I just sold had over 1k cuts and was very good but is a good 30-40 feet behind my ST100. I LOVE my Cartel 2 but even after my team seeing me and others swing it they are handing me money asking for the ST100 or a B1.

I really hope the new stadiums are legit. I'm a Demarini guy at heart but the new Eastons are tough to beat.

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
My L1 is my gamer and probably still needs work the j3A is new stamp ASA so u can't really compare that to a utrip stamp they are "designed hotter" for the 52/300 who knows -- my L1 is out hitting my j3u with half the swings and same with my C2 although I never got over swing 75 b4 It had to go back that being said I love my demars but L1 is legit too

I wouldn't use the J3u as a measuring stick because I thought that bat sucked. My spec.1, cartel, vx2, and rd28u were all hotter as well.

It felt good and will probably get better but they way everybody had been talking about them I just expected more.

BigDann17

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd love for someone to tell me where to get a "2nd batch" or "3rd batch" spec.1 because the one I just sold had over 1k cuts and was very good but is a good 30-40 feet behind my ST100. I LOVE my Cartel 2 but even after my team seeing me and others swing it they are handing me money asking for the ST100 or a B1.

I really hope the new stadiums are legit. I'm a Demarini guy at heart but the new Eastons are tough to beat.

I think if you buy a new one now that they're hotter faster. I kept hearing the stories of hundreds or hits and no webbing but when I got mine I had some webbing within the first 20 cuts. It was too heavy for me but I am going to move down in weight and start rocking it again. I got one for a teammate the same time and he loves his. I can see it opening up nice and with easily less than 100 cuts.

Leadoff5

Banned User
I swung the L1 yesterday in comparison to both the new stadiums.. And I was very impressed with the L1... All 3 around a 100 swings and while I feel they will all 3 end up pretty even, right now the l1 was in the lead performance wise.. The other 2 weren't far behind it.. But none of them are broke in and all way behind a well broken spec.1 I have been swinging.. Get some more swings on all the new ones and see what happens.. But so far I'm buying into the l1 hype

Shortyaz69

Addicted to Softballfans
I really hope the new stadiums are legit. I'm a Demarini guy at heart but the new Eastons are tough to beat.[/QUOTE]

Can't really speak about the newer Eastons (L1, L2, Etc.), but I put down 100H for my Z2K, and this last weekend, put down the Z2K for the CL22. New stadiums seem to be the goods so far, but I am just a little concerned about durability(not J3A level of concern).

cyoung187

Coach
L1 is a great bat. No, its isn't leaps and bounds better then everything else like many on here claim, but they are nice. I would put it about even with my spec.1 (took a lot less hits to get hot tho), but still behind both of my cartels. I'd rather buy a bat made in the US with a longer warranty that is just as hot.

elicarter

I swung the L1 yesterday and I swung the Stadium CL22 last week. L1 had a few 100 cuts and it was decent. I like the way the bat felt in my hands but wasn't impressed with the results of the hit. The CL22 was NIW and the ball flew off the bat! It was so hot I don't think it will last long. The question is: Do you want a bat hot with no BP that you get 400 game cuts on? or Do you want a bat you need to BP it 500 cuts before it is game ready?

Leadoff5

Banned User
Lmao he was stroking with the stadiums earlier in the day... Pretty wore out by the time we started taking videos.. But the L1 is the goods

Leadoff5

Banned User
And yes that is an iPhone video with an iPhone sitting inside a shoe lol... Didn't come prepared for videos

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ive endured all the Easton guys tell me how great these bats are and after today's Bp session I have discovered they are......decent

Maybe it's like a movie that gets over hyped or something but I was expecting more. My J3A was hotter than both. They had ~200 hits each so not totally broken in but the new CL22 I hit with 15 hits was hotter.

My two cents. Maybe I'm just used to all the flex in my Demarinis. :p

i like all bat manufacturers. comparing an all ASA bat that is very suspect in the durability department to utrip bats that seem to last a while seems unfair. combat has been making very hot bats that dont last long for years now. but its also the reason you can get them for cheap. i hope demarini doesnt go this direction.

i do hear that j3a is a very hot bat tho. if it was more durable, it would be getting the same type of hype easton has been getting.

Last edited: