Brag Post

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
I turned an unassisted triple-play at 1B last nite.

No outs, runners at 1 and 2.

Short fly to RF into a 10MPH wind...looks to be an easy blooper so both runners go without tagging. Wind pushes it back to me for an over-the-shoulder catch (first out). I touch first (second out) and then drill the 1-2 runner (who is now slowly walking back to the dugout...still in the base path) with the ball "trying" to throw it to second to catch the 2-3 runner. Interference is called for the third out.

zuke 37

Star Player
I don't know if this is worth bragging about but, our greatest defensive play was when the batter swung and missed and the runner was off base.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
What level league is this? If its a good/decent league brag worthy, if its a crappy league id keep laughing at the other team.

robokill

Manager
I turned an unassisted triple-play at 1B last nite.

No outs, runners at 1 and 2.

Short fly to RF into a 10MPH wind...looks to be an easy blooper so both runners go without tagging. Wind pushes it back to me for an over-the-shoulder catch (first out). I touch first (second out) and then drill the 1-2 runner (who is now slowly walking back to the dugout...still in the base path) with the ball "trying" to throw it to second to catch the 2-3 runner. Interference is called for the third out.
How the **** could you drill a player walking back to the dugout trying to throw the ball from 1st to 2nd?

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
What level league is this? If its a good/decent league brag worthy, if its a crappy league id keep laughing at the other team.

ASA Men's D, which translates to mostly 'C' players with a sprinkling of 'B' players.

And I did drill the runner on purpose.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA Men's D, which translates to mostly 'C' players with a sprinkling of 'B' players.

And I did drill the runner on purpose.

Then this is brag post worthy. I try to get our SS and 2b to throw the ball thru the runners who dont get out of the way in league nights and they dont.

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
Then this is brag post worthy. I try to get our SS and 2b to throw the ball thru the runners who dont get out of the way in league nights and they dont.

Really bro...league...in Bryan/College Station...where they is maybe what 3 competitive teams and the rest are absolute garbage. You really wanna hit those guys because they don't know how to play the game.

Dangit....I guess I kind of approve this message...:biggthumpup:

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't you need a Fish & Game tag to bag a runner that isn't looking?

He was facing me on his walk back to the first base dugout from second base. Ball hit him in the inner thigh so he certainly saw it coming and, I guess, tried to take one for his team to break up the play.

Based on the "SMACK" sound the ball made, I'm sure he'll have an awesome bruise to show his GF. Bet he leaves out the "I got it causing two outs on the same play" part.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Really bro...league...in Bryan/College Station...where they is maybe what 3 competitive teams and the rest are absolute garbage. You really wanna hit those guys because they don't know how to play the game.

Dangit....I guess I kind of approve this message...:biggthumpup:

LOL It goes both ways! Its just league get out of the way! I also tell them that they dont have to throw it hard if they are going to feel bad.

The team im on is garbage!

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Some of you need to realize its a ****ing internet forum and not real life. Don't get your panties in a bunch now.

TEX1959

Addicted to Softballfans
Still waiting on someone to show me in the rule book that it is the runners responsibility to get out of the way when he is doing what he is suppose to be doing (moving base to base).

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Still waiting on someone to show me in the rule book that it is the runners responsibility to get out of the way when he is doing what he is suppose to be doing (moving base to base).

He wasn't moving base to base, he was walking back to the dugout after he got out. Once you're put out, it's your responsibility to avoid interfering in the play if it continues.

Not that I like the idea of plugging a runner though.