Buyer Beware Brampton Buyer Beware

Joker

once you did receive it and he sent a couple more PMs why didn't you reply? or at least reply letting him know you got the bat, that's common courtesy

bekelley10

Legit Sports Glove Dealer
I wasn't on here through my computer for a couple days and by that time I got couple more PMs asking for more and the Cheap ASS comment. No need to reply. I did state in the Itrader feedback that I left that the bat was shipped timely and it was as described.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
by not responding, you basically backed him into a corner to keep sending more pms which culminated with the cheap ass remark. if you would have responded, he would have had the chance to say "no problem, just thought i'd ask" and it could have ended there

bekelley10

So what you guys are saying is it is appropriate to ask for more money once a deal is made and if the guys refuses which by not responding is saying no then calling him a cheap ass is appropriate. Good to know. Damn wish I would have known that I could be about a $1k richer with all the bats Ive sold on here.

Joker

So what you guys are saying is it is appropriate to ask for more money once a deal is made and if the guys refuses which by not responding is saying no then calling him a cheap ass is appropriate. Good to know. Damn wish I would have known that I could be about a $1k richer with all the bats Ive sold on here.

rollpalm-mid.png

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
You both need to get the **** over it. All you had to do was respond to his pms and you wouldn't have gotten 7 pms. If I sent someone 7 pms and they are on the site but don't respond I'd be annoyed too. It's basic communication fail on your part. For him it's $5 get over it, once the person ignores your pm just deal with it and move on. It's like that girl who gave you her number. If you call a couple times and she doesn't answer the phone or call you back you need to just get over it she doesn't wanna talk to you.

This should be left as a reminder why I don't wanna deal with either of you.

bekelley10

Lol that's fine. I was told to post thread to clear my name of the buyer beware feedback he left for me. That is the only reason I started this thread. I did nothing wrong in getting a deal completed and paid for

bobber_1077

Correct. I got the bat and it was as described. I don't think asking for more money 7 times is acceptable behavior for a seller and then calling me a cheap ass for not paying it is either.

You guys are the Mods and if you don't think his behavior is worth Buyer Beware then erase my feedback. I honestly believe it is. No one should feel pressured to pay more money after the price is agreed and paid. Him leaving me the buyer beware feedback has absolutely no backing. I did exactly what was needed by communicating my offer pay and giving my address.

If you got what you wanted and as described, then BB isn't acceptable...regardless of PM's after the fact. Plus if you responded rather than ignored, I'm sure you wouldn't have got more.
I don't know if it's just me, but I probably would have thrown him another $5...

Joker

if a guy can't estimate shipping and has to ask for more money after the fact = buyer beware

i don't some assclown hounding me for money after the deal is done

Country35

Banned User
if a guy can't estimate shipping and has to ask for more money after the fact = buyer beware

i don't some assclown hounding me for money after the deal is done

Hounding someone on here is now a bb? He shipped on time, he cried about something stupid. Leaving BB when the guy got a bat out quick and as described here is unneeded. Is it a ***** move sure. Is it childish and **** sure. I would leave BB on the OP for not responding and ****ty communication as well. Its all petty bull**** man. Instead of getting every once of feedback, at someone we gotta start stressing and teaching people to properly protect themselves.

Joker

Hounding someone on here is now a bb? He shipped on time, he cried about something stupid. Leaving BB when the guy got a bat out quick and as described here is unneeded. Is it a ***** move sure. Is it childish and **** sure. I would leave BB on the OP for not responding and ****ty communication as well. Its all petty bull**** man. Instead of getting every once of feedback, at someone we gotta start stressing and teaching people to properly protect themselves.

asking for more money after the deal is done is BB

leaving the proper feedback and letting people know the bull**** people do is how you help other protect themselves. more feedback threads are needed, not less

LC77

Manager
I hate to be "that guy", but I'm going to.
I've done 2 successful deals with Bramptonfire, and he went out of his way to help me out. The first time was for an ultra II advanced that I had been chasing for 6-8 months. He didn't try to jack me up or get rich, even though he knew how much I wanted that bat. I don't know him personally, but I will deal with him again.

Paypal protects everyone who uses it correctly. The only real risk is some time away from your bat or glove or money.
The problem is that there are so many richards on here that when a seemingly honest guy asks for a little extra to cover shipping, we assume he's working a con.

Spend a little time to "make the deal up front". It usually only takes 2 or 3 more texts or PMs to establish all the relevant details (like the true cost of shipping from the seller to your shipping address). If you make a deal by text, recap it on a sbf PM and have the other party agree to it on the same sbf PM thread. It's not that difficult.
If I made a BB after every PM insult, I would have over 10 by now. Nothing against the OP, but if Bramptonfire called me a cheap ass, I would have told him to FO, and left it at that.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Spend a little time to "make the deal up front". It usually only takes 2 or 3 more texts or PMs to establish all the relevant details (like the true cost of shipping from the seller to your shipping address). If you make a deal by text, recap it on a sbf PM and have the other party agree to it on the same sbf PM thread. It's not that difficult.
If I made a BB after every PM insult, I would have over 10 by now. Nothing against the OP, but if Bramptonfire called me a cheap ass, I would have told him to FO, and left it at that.

OP did make a deal up front, a deal that the seller agreed to. Then after the fact, the seller wanted to change that deal

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Another egregious use of the BB feedback.

I don't think it's the 7pm's. You are upset he called you cheap. He was upset you did not respond to his pm's.

So I guess that makes you cheap and rude.

LC77

Manager
OP did make a deal up front, a deal that the seller agreed to. Then after the fact, the seller wanted to change that deal

I'm not disputing that.
I just got carried away with my spiel.
Not blaming OP.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't really get how the buyer is being cheap. He paid asking price (as a gift no less).

bekelley10

Like I said I believe asking for more money after a deal has been agreed and paid whether its .50 Cents or $50 should be frowned upon. I didn't pay it on principal because we agreed to deal and I made payment. It didn't matter whether he sent me 1 PM or 50 I don't think this practice should be tolerated. If this practice isn't BB then erase the itrader feedback. I really don't care. I felt it was so therefore left the feedback.

The real reason I was told to start this thread was because he left me BB as revenge and I want that erased. I agreed to asking price. Then agreed to pay as a gift. Made payment immediately and sent address to be shipped to. There is nothing questionably BB about what I did

bobber_1077

Like I said I believe asking for more money after a deal has been agreed and paid whether its .50 Cents or $50 should be frowned upon. I didn't pay it on principal because we agreed to deal and I made payment. It didn't matter whether he sent me 1 PM or 50 I don't think this practice should be tolerated. If this practice isn't BB then erase the itrader feedback. I really don't care. I felt it was so therefore left the feedback.

The real reason I was told to start this thread was because he left me BB as revenge and I want that erased. I agreed to asking price. Then agreed to pay as a gift. Made payment immediately and sent address to be shipped to. There is nothing questionably BB about what I did

Your communication was poor. You didn't respond to 7 PMs...he even said before shipping something about not knowing the cost to ship to AZ...is it his fault for not checking first? Yes. But he was asking for $5 man...and this board is to help out board bros. I'm sure you would have paid $105 for the bat...$100 is a killer deal...this shouldn't be the norm, but you can make exceptions...
And for the BB you left him? What are you wanting to warn people about? Him shipping quick and on time? Or giving you a great deal? Or having good communication? If anything you leave positive with a note...

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Your communication was poor. You didn't respond to 7 PMs...he even said before shipping something about not knowing the cost to ship to AZ...is it his fault for not checking first? Yes. But he was asking for $5 man...and this board is to help out board bros. I'm sure you would have paid $105 for the bat...$100 is a killer deal...this shouldn't be the norm, but you can make exceptions...
And for the BB you left him? What are you wanting to warn people about? Him shipping quick and on time? Or giving you a great deal? Or having good communication? If anything you leave positive with a note...

Spot on right here. Making much ado about nothing when it could have been prevented with a little communication. I would still deal with him. Just hope lessons were learned here on how to do it better the next time around. Avoid this bs.