Breaking in a glove for 2b

Pdpwally

Coach
I'm an outfielder but I've been working on getting into the dirt at 2b.... What are some suggested techniques for glove break in? In the OF I roll with TIP is that something suggested for the IF? I know its all up to personal taste but I'd like some suggestions from ppl that have been doing this for a long time. Glove in question is a 12.5 TaylorMade custom Iweb. Thanks in advance.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
It's mostly personal preference. I play traditional in the infield rather than TIP. I like a flatter shape to the pocket. This is how I shape my infield gloves:

s4vxvn.jpg

Bowled fingers with a flared thumb and a slight curve to the pinky to help funnel ground balls to the pocket.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I use TIP for every position. It's just more comfortable for me.
Use what feels best and makes you most comfortable fielding
F

Jomatty

Starting Player
I like my infield gloves wide as well. Not such a big deal in the outfield. Also have grown to like a slight flare. I go TIP in almost all gloves. Have a few old ones that were broken in conventional but otherwise prefer TIP. If conventional feels better to you then great but don't believe that TIP is necessarily bad for infielders. Plenty of hardball pros rock TIP so it is definitely not a huge hinderance.

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
I go TIP everywhere (infield 90% of the time). I want my glove as wide as possible. Similar to the pic above by badbowtie.

Pdpwally

Coach
Thanks everyone for the input... Playing around I felt more comf doing TIP so I'll be breaking it in that way.