breaking in a new glove

ddd

Addicted to Softballfans
What are your tricks besides lots of catch???

Thanks in advance...

mravelo

Addicted to Softballfans
Depending on where you buy it, some places will steam it for you to break it in. Then there's always the glove oil/rubber band/couch combo or my personal favorite, the glove oil,/rubber band/Ford Expedition combo. Umm...try that last one at your own risk.

TXOutlaws

Coach
I see why you posted up asking this question as I doubt it has ever been asked on this forum, ever.

:)

Just busting your balls...but do a search. There are A LOT of different methods to the madness.

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
Depending on where you buy it, some places will steam it for you to break it in. Then there's always the glove oil/rubber band/couch combo or my personal favorite, the glove oil,/rubber band/Ford Expedition combo. Umm...try that last one at your own risk.

care to explain ford expedition?

TXOutlaws

Coach
care to explain ford expedition?

Take one of these...

ford-expedition-xlt-el-05.jpg

Put it on one of these...

mizuno-gmp650-baseball-glove-b.jpg

I DO NOT ADVISE IT.... not a good way to break in a glove.

BullFrog21

Addicted to Softballfans
A Friend of mine told me his Method of breaking in gloves...I Was skeptical...But I Finally tried it...and It actually did pretty good.

Rub the glove down with shaving cream, every square inch...laces...web etc... Fill the sink full of HOT water. submerge the glove and let it sit till the water turns warm. when it comes out...shape it the way u want it.....put a ball in the pocket....zip tie it up tight...and put it some place warm to dry out( window sill?).(I put mine close to the fire place)... it will take a couple days to dry, when it does rub it down with Nokona Glove conditioner and catch with it as much as Possible. If your glove is as stiff as mine...it will be over half way there after it dries out....the rest is up to you.( Playin catch)

ddd

Addicted to Softballfans
I see why you posted up asking this question as I doubt it has ever been asked on this forum, ever.

:)

Just busting your balls...but do a search. There are A LOT of different methods to the madness.

Didn't see one when I did a quick search. Thought this would be the quickest way.

mravelo

Addicted to Softballfans
Take one of these...

ford-expedition-xlt-el-05.jpg

Put it on one of these...

mizuno-gmp650-baseball-glove-b.jpg

I DO NOT ADVISE IT.... not a good way to break in a glove.

Yep. I was a little drunk and it seemed like an ok idea. No idea if the ball crushed immediately or sometime during the night. Glove ended up looking like a pancake. Never had an issue with it being stiff tho, lol.

Laoch

Bearded. Drunk. Dominant.
I used a can of shaving cream, not lotion. Put the glove in a plastic bag let it sit over night. it was heavier but I started using it to warm up with in Texas summer heat. It eventually returned to it's original weight after 2 few weeks and smelled like a fresh shave for months!

dgambill85

Banned User
A Friend of mine told me his Method of breaking in gloves...I Was skeptical...But I Finally tried it...and It actually did pretty good.

Rub the glove down with shaving cream, every square inch...laces...web etc... Fill the sink full of HOT water. submerge the glove and let it sit till the water turns warm. when it comes out...shape it the way u want it.....put a ball in the pocket....zip tie it up tight...and put it some place warm to dry out( window sill?).(I put mine close to the fire place)... it will take a couple days to dry, when it does rub it down with Nokona Glove conditioner and catch with it as much as Possible. If your glove is as stiff as mine...it will be over half way there after it dries out....the rest is up to you.( Playin catch)
for the love of god don't do that on an expensive glove
Shoe shine method, catch, and wrap
This is the best method.

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
Saddle soap and catch. ALWAYS keep a ball in the pocket and maybe tie it up and sleep on it for a night or two (this will not hurt!). Do not try and tighten the strings for at least 6 months.

Oh and did I mention to always keep a ball in it?

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Nipple cream (lanolin) to condition it, put a ball in the pocket and tie that sucker up real tight and throw it in a bad under your bed for a week. Then catch and shoe shine that sucker.

Thomas94587

Addicted to Softballfans
send to Aso, he'll do yours, lol. Otherwise, go to youtube and type, "Aso break in on Wilson" BOOM! study and learn.

youre welcome.

OR use ball mallet to pound HARD on it!!

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
1. Grab a beer.
2. Put a dip in.
3. Insert hand in glove
4. Throw a ball in it hundreds of times.
4a.Mix in working the leather with both hands.
5. Grab another beer and your ol' lady or friend and head outside for some good old fashioned catch.

Ive never believed in using ANYTHING to break in a glove other than playing catch and working the leather. Alot of suggestions here sound solid and seem to be proven but I have just never tried it.