Breaking news: Favre to retire at the end of this season

Sho Nuff

Bite Me
How is this breaking?
He has said this was his last year several times now?
I still won't believe any of it til he is not on the field somewhere next season.

Broseph Stalin

Banned User
it's your move now farve.

jen_sterger_oct8_03.jpg

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
SOB should have never came to Minnesota. He set us back 2 years on winning the Super Bowl. Now I have to wait 20 years to see them win it.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Now, if I'm the Vikings and I hear, "No.............I will not be back next season........" and have the record they have. I'd really be asking myself, "What is the point of going any further with this man?" What is to be gained, he's played so bad up to this point, I would pull the trigger and bench him. Especially now.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
they have like 22 million reasons not to bench him. money plays.

What is it?? Eight more games in a season in which your team and the QB are sucking?? When do you start preparing for next season? Experience gained this season could go a long way toward next season.

hedge

life takes guts
I don't care that he came back, at all. I'm just wishing they would have drafted McCoy when he was available in the third round. Webb right now is the best option they have for a future qb, but he's atleast 3-4 years out. I really, really hope they go after Vick this off-season. Combine Vick, AP, Shaincoe, Rice and Harvin and you have one fast, potent offense.

Stout33

Addicted to Softballfans
My bet is this is a deal like Jordan cut with Stern. Goodell tells Favre to finally go away after this scandal then he gets to salvage what little cred he still has.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
And the end is getting closer with each, glorious, massive, flaming, interception filled failure.........I'm hard right now.

Favre is a flamming pile of hot fail. I love it. Such a comedy to watch that delusional old man try to play football. I can wait until someone breaks his foot off at the ankel.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
I really think he's done . He wouldn't have came back this year if his teammates didn't camp out at his house begging him to play .

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I'm a Brett Favre fan til I die but....time to hang um up! I appreciate all the great and not so great games he gave us, but even after his last miracle game, there just isn't enough left in the tank. Especially without his recievers. I hope he finishes the season without missing a game or embarassing himself anymore. Both are unlikely me thinks.

Sho Nuff

Bite Me
He hurt himself trying to put on a t-shirt saturday?
Yeah, time to end it now.
Perhaps Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy knew something.
They traded Favre, have Aaron Rodgers, and used the pick they got for Favre to package a deal to move up and draft Clay Matthews.
Not too bad.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
He hurt himself trying to put on a t-shirt saturday?
Yeah, time to end it now.
Perhaps Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy knew something.
They traded Favre, have Aaron Rodgers, and used the pick they got for Favre to package a deal to move up and draft Clay Matthews.
Not too bad.

Yeah, as much as I hated Ted for all the BS, he made the right move at the right time. The Pack aren't far away from being a major contender for a few seasons in a row possibly. Ted sure looks good now, but ya gotta admit, his draft picks have been right on the money.

Sho Nuff

Bite Me
Yeah, as much as I hated Ted for all the BS, he made the right move at the right time. The Pack aren't far away from being a major contender for a few seasons in a row possibly. Ted sure looks good now, but ya gotta admit, his draft picks have been right on the money.

Many of his draft picks.
He has his misses too (Harrell, Brohm, Rouse...Jackson to an extent).
But picks like Rodgers, Jennings, Finley, Collins, Sitton are all looking very good (well, Finley looks good when he is not hurt).