Bryson Baker (26 oz) Review with Hot Dots and an E-Baller (vid inside)

blinkimgone04

Hey Cool !
Bat: Brand new out of wrapper Easton Bryson Baker 26 oz. U-Trip [SP15BBU]
Balls: All were Hot Dots .52 cor 300 compression
Temp: 65 Degrees or so
Player: E-Baller hitting on wrong side focusing on line drives
Video: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVHwKCF_oi8&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Review: After my favorite 4TF bat failed compression with only a few hundred hits on it and cracked shortly after, I decided to go with something that will take longer to get there. Normally I hate Eastons, but this one feels okay to me. Very stiff in comparison to the Legit and Miken 2 piece line, but I'm sure this one is compressing well over 300. When you hit it on the sweet spot it goes just as good as any other bat. End cap mis-hits don't sting, but it's obvious in the sound. I didn't hit any off the handle and usually don't have that issue, but I'm sure it wouldn't sting like my other 1 piece bats (Psychos, Sicks).. Not the hottest bat out of the wrapper but probably with more time she will reward me. If I remember I will try to post a follow up after I get hundreds of swings on her, but as of right now I'm only at about 125. The sunnier edit of the video is with about 20 hits on it....I was mainly just going for line drives and lower hits... I am an oppo hitter as well but don't try without a net...

Note: My 26 is 26.5 on the scale with the Easton gauze tape - and it does not feel "evenly balanced" imho. It actually tips faster on a table than my 26 oz L2. It feels more end loaded than it as well, the L2 actually feels balanced to me in comparison. Thought I would regret getting a 26, but now I'm very glad I didn't get a 27....

10968532_10204839369656106_4096441189965332848_n.jpg

JPG

Lefty
Nice! thanks for the review.
I want a new toy and was thinking of getting one. I currently swing a 4TF and triad and lovem. I dry swung the red one and it felt balanced. I wonder if they mixed them up. Bat looks sweet and looks like you had some fun. How did you like the exit speed? Can it hang with the mikens?

BlueDevil

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung one last night side by side with real tree. Hitting stadiums, real tree is gtg after 20 swings baker is a little stuff but very good early compared to the years past. Easton making some quality stuff this year.

blinkimgone04

Hey Cool !
Kinda funny Chudder (The guy who has the video that made me buy this bat) and JPG (The other guy who made me buy my Miken 4TF and DC41 lines) would comment first... You guys both smash and I thought it would be good to let anyone interested in this bat see how a mere mortal like myself can hit it......

Nice! thanks for the review.
I want a new toy and was thinking of getting one. I currently swing a 4TF and triad and lovem. I dry swung the red one and it felt balanced. I wonder if they mixed them up. i've felt some z's the same way, balanced felt more loaded Bat looks sweet and looks like you had some fun. How did you like the exit speed? Exit speed on the sweet spot still isn't as good as the 4tf. My 4tf was compessing at 250/260 in the wrapper...so it was stupid from swing 1. But if you watch the video the 3 or so line drives I hit thru the 1st baseman on video look slow but they were seeds man.. they were hummin. Can it hang with the mikens? My vote would say no right now. But according to Chudder, he has thousands of swings on his and he kills it!

This bat is definitely not balanced though in traditional terms. It feels like it has end load to it. My buddy in the video who only swings balanced (and smashes by the way) didn't like it because of the end load feel. Other buddy picked up my L2 26 and my BB and said the BB definitely was the end loaded one...

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
You were on fire once the camera went to the angle view:D
And, it took a little while, but the IF shaggers wised up and moved
to the OF.

JPG

Lefty
Kinda funny Chudder (The guy who has the video that made me buy this bat) and JPG (The other guy who made me buy my Miken 4TF and DC41 lines) would comment first... You guys both smash and I thought it would be good to let anyone interested in this bat see how a mere mortal like myself can hit it......

This bat is definitely not balanced though in traditional terms. It feels like it has end load to it. My buddy in the video who only swings balanced (and smashes by the way) didn't like it because of the end load feel. Other buddy picked up my L2 26 and my BB and said the BB definitely was the end loaded one...

Thanks again for the great info.
I purchased last years Brian wag just because I liked the specs and the bat was just a dud and a half. Being I dry swung the SCOTT KIRBY 26 and it felt nice I think I will get one of those - 12" <3 . But then again yours could just be a heavy one. Can't blame anyone for not making all the bats spot on weight.

Looking for a new toy for another good session of bp but not down for turds because thats not fun I work and don't have time to be hitting 2k shots just to have a bat start to get fun.

ramrod55

Famously unfamous
That park is wicked nice!
Nice cuts btw. Funny in the first part lighting up the first base side.
I dunno how that one misses his chin either

JPG

Lefty
That piss rod at 1:42 is sickness, sound and all. Those shots excite me. Like shot gun shots through the infield.
Just went to the local store to see if they had them and they only had the torq.

Last edited:
I picked one up last weekend and am swinging it tonight at an indoor dome tournament. Pretty pumped to swing it after watching this.

blinkimgone04

Hey Cool !
You were on fire once the camera went to the angle view:D
And, it took a little while, but the IF shaggers wised up and moved
to the OF.

haha yea when it was getting dark I was just trying to elevate the ball a little more just messin' around... since I was playing E I was really just trying to work on hitting the ball low the whole time.

That piss rod at 1:42 is sickness, sound and all. Those shots excite me. Like shot gun shots through the infield.
Just went to the local store to see if they had them and they only had the torq.

The one at 1:54 was probably my favorite hit. It's hard to tell in a video but I know a lot of guys who would move out of the way of it... Granted my buddy plays outfield and he wasn't trying too hard to stop them, but it was knuckling and it was effing humming. That hit is just as hard as any failing 4TF hit I've had. The video does some of these line drives no justice.

The bat compressed at 330-340 yesterday with about 175 or so hot dot hits and some cage balls. Hit very well and I felt confident hitting seeds with a brand new bat.....

That park is wicked nice!
Nice cuts btw. Funny in the first part lighting up the first base side.
I dunno how that one misses his chin either

haha yeah, i'm actually starting to be more of a middle hitter / oppo. hitter in E ball. That's the main reason I picked it up, hitting thru pitchers with a completely legal bat that is testing at 200 gets to me....just thinking about all the "shaved bat' comments if my bat gets taken up after hitting a pitcher.. This one I won't have to worry.

Overall I'm surprisingly really liking it. I'll probably put another 100 or so hits on it this week and if I play this Saturday I'll test it again but I'm sure it won't drop much if any at all.

Last edited:

blinkimgone04

Hey Cool !
Sometimes... But overall there are faster LSX cars than termi's

considering stock vs stock it's hard to argue termi's are the fastest bang for your buck you can buy, including cars out today...1/4 and in the curves included... new camaros are just 2 heavy to do any damage. i had a cammed '10 ss and it wasn't even on par with a pullied bra. no bias here bro any fast car's got my respect

JPG

Lefty
I ordered the 2015 Easton Scott Kirby today :D got a 3day weekend to put it to the test as well.

blinkimgone04

Hey Cool !
Swung it some more tonight, anytime I bp it's with damn old ass hot dots or classic m's. i'm looking to order some evil 575's and put a couple hundred hits on it with those and see if it opens up any

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
considering stock vs stock it's hard to argue termi's are the fastest bang for your buck you can buy, including cars out today...1/4 and in the curves included... new camaros are just 2 heavy to do any damage. i had a cammed '10 ss and it wasn't even on par with a pullied bra. no bias here bro any fast car's got my respect

I love 03/04 Cobra's. But I love me some LS action too!

My brother who lives in pearland actually has a 14 5.0 with a little supercharger that's dipping into the 10's at over 130mph.. Want to run your termi against it?

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I love 03/04 Cobra's. But I love me some LS action too!

My brother who lives in pearland actually has a 14 5.0 with a little supercharger that's dipping into the 10's at over 130mph.. Want to run your termi against it?

the 5.0s are your best bang for your buck. nitrous and tires you got yourself a 10sec car. the IRS hurts the cobras from doing that in the 1/4.