USSSA Bump question

txbullets

The OG JayZ
I askded this in the USSSA section but I am moving it here because I am not getting an answer there.

This came up this past weekend in a "D" division State II tournament that is ran by our state director. In other words our state Director is the Tounament Director as well. There was a "D" team there with 3 "B" bumps. I was not there so it is all hearsay but was reading our local section and saw this and was wanting more input on it. It just does not seem right to me.

I agree totally with you about the conditions that is why I said he should be understanding to the teams who chose not to play. even Affliction backed out. He should not make any team pay for backing out.

As far as the bumps go Ben Templeton the UIC for Texas told us when we protested Apaches that a bump only counts as 1 bump no matter how many classes they drop down...the only exception is a Major player can only drop down to B and no further. He said an A player can play E and count as 1 bump...both myself and everyone at the park thought we were still going by the rule that you counted as a bump for each class u drop down to...not the case for the last 2 years...I personally read the 2009 and 2010 rule book and found this to be true...it no longer states a b player going to d would count as 2 bumps and so on...I hope all of this gets cleared up...I know we all want to play within the rules and they should be crystal clear so that everyone can follow them with no gray area...good luck

chiefgator

Crafty Veteran
I have no idea. I would send your question to:
FOR ALL INQUIRIES PERTAINING TO PLAYING
RULE INTERPRETATIONS
611 Line Drive, Kissimmee, Florida 34744
(321) 697-3626
E-mail: [email protected]

txbullets

The OG JayZ
someone on here has to know the answer to this question. I swore a "B" bump in "D" ball counted as 2 bumps but according to a local guy who I trust he was told by our Head State UIC that all bumps only counted as 1 bump no matter how many levels down they dropped.