Buyer Beware

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
i sold a bat to p8ntucker, I told him I’d ship that same day when I got off work. I had to stay and work late and told him immediately and said I wouldn’t be able to ship the following week and didn’t know when I’d get a chance, immediately refunded him. He told me keep the money and ship when I could, I told him no that I don’t like holding on to money that was mine and you never know what could happen? I didnt want to feel obligated to ship it to him when I’m busy at work and had a tripped planned the following week, this weekend. He then text me yesterday saying it’s been 12 days and when am I gonna ship that bat? I told I don’t have time, he said he was gonna leave a buyer beware. I told him do what he’s gotta do. I agreed to shipping that day cause I thought we were getting off early and we didn’t. I immediately refunded him and text him what happened.

I just want to know if this is a legit B.B.?

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
IDK that that it's BB but it you should know whether or not you have time to ship before you post something for sale. just sayin'...

If it is so be it. I just wanted everybody to know what happened. But yeah you’re right I should’ve found a way. But my hours at work wouldn’t let me the following week. I was still going to at some point but when he said it’s been 12 days and said he’d leave me negative feedback like I still had his money I didn’t want to make extra time. If it’s a B.B. then so be it. Just wanted to share the story. Thanks.

Everything posted by phxraida15 here is true. The only thing I would add is that after hearing that he couldn't ship right away I told him no problem, ship when you can thinking that would be at some point within the next 2 weeks. My first text after a week of no communication was simply "You think you'll be able to ship the BMLC next week?". It was read immediately (read receipt proof) but I didn't receive a response. This made me suspicious, so 3+ hours later I texted again with some more urgency to prompt a response. I have created a BB thread.

I don't believe that phxraida15 had bad intentions, and I received a full refund of my money, but the communication was faulty and there wasn't any interest in upholding the agreed upon deal.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
When you post a bat and are trying to sell it ... be prepared to ship ASAP or don’t post it. BTW, I’m sure where you work has the ability to ship a package .

You’re correct and I thought I could that day for sure. But **** happens and I couldn’t.

And p8ntchucker I did read your text when I was getting to work. And didn’t immediately respond back because it was early in the morning and had to get my assignment and then figure out a date when I could ship to you. But then you text me talking about it’s been 12 days when it was 7, and saying you were going to start a BB thread like I had your money which I didn’t. That is why I said I would get with you as soon as I got a chance. I never said I will for sure ship it to you by a certain date. And the reason I didn’t was because I didn’t have an exact date that I could. I had intentions of shipping it to him but at this point I don’t. I thought I did everything right after I couldn’t ship to him when I thought I could. Immediately refunded his money and said I’d let him know when I could. I never said I’d ship when you need me too.

tonys1

You’re correct and I thought I could that day for sure. But **** happens and I couldn’t.

And p8ntchucker I did read your text when I was getting to work. And didn’t immediately respond back because it was early in the morning and had to get my assignment and then figure out a date when I could ship to you. But then you text me talking about it’s been 12 days when it was 7, and saying you were going to start a BB thread like I had your money which I didn’t. That is why I said I would get with you as soon as I got a chance. I never said I will for sure ship it to you by a certain date. And the reason I didn’t was because I didn’t have an exact date that I could. I had intentions of shipping it to him but at this point I don’t. I thought I did everything right after I couldn’t ship to him when I thought I could. Immediately refunded his money and said I’d let him know when I could. I never said I’d ship when you need me too.

Your 200 deals has to mean something and stuff happens man. You gave the money back, but as a frequent buyer myself, we get excited when we order new toys. The other guy paid you and was willing to wait, can you guys work something out now and ship it out ASAP or has that ship sailed?

Dogue

Evil Genius
Your 200 deals has to mean something and stuff happens man. You gave the money back, but as a frequent buyer myself, we get excited when we order new toys. The other guy paid you and was willing to wait, can you guys work something out now and ship it out ASAP or has that ship sailed?
People don't just get excited when they order new toys, they also get nervous sending money to someone they don't know and not getting their purchase sent.

tonys1

People don't just get excited when they order new toys, they also get nervous sending money to someone they don't know and not getting their purchase sent.

He got his money back, that part shouldn't be the issue. Yes we get busy at work, but there isn't a 30 minute hole somewhere in a full week where this can be done? Just trying to be neutral about it. Just hoping both can be happy and settle it.

If I had my choice we would do the deal, but I don't believe that he wants to at this point. I would wait until he got back from his trip, but all I was getting over text was "do what you gotta do" and "I'm too busy". At the end of the day he's had a lot of good deals and for whatever reason this one got messed up. He's not a bad dude or I wouldn't have received my money back.

If you go back and read my second text it said: "I'll give you until Wednesday 2/21. That's a full 12 days after we made the deal and I paid, which I think is more than fair. If I don't have tracking info by 2/21 then I'll leave a NGTG."

It had been 7 days and I was saying that I'll give you 5 more days, aka 12 days in total. It's hard to imagine a 12 day stretch in life where I couldn't get a bat shipped either myself or by a friend or family member. I would have posted screenshots of all the text messages, but I didn't want to put your phone number out there for the general public.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
So there was no window whatsoever to spend 5 minutes or less dropping a bat off somewhere to be shipped?

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
For me... I can see how it would be tough. I’m a tradesman and work in nyc and take train in. There’s no PO close and i have to run to train to get home to pick up my kids... and no one is shipping or picking anything up at a construction job site ... however...

Saturday’s I can - and I often pack and tape and label packages and have my wife drop it during week ... where there is a will there’s a way. I’ve had a couple days lapse... never multiple weeks. Or even a week. And communication is KEY.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
So there was no window whatsoever to spend 5 minutes or less dropping a bat off somewhere to be shipped?

No there wasn’t. I work at 6am. Depending on what we are shipping out that day I could work from 8/12 hours. The day I said I could ship we weren’t as busy and was told that it would be an 8 hour day. But I’m in the food industry buddy and we had a bunch of Walmart orders drop, 2nd shift WMS coordinator left on bereavement and I had to cover the the first four of his shift and the 3rd shift WMS coordinator had to cover the last four. He went to Chicago for a funeral. And was out all last week. 6 to 630 all week. I didn’t have time and told him I didn’t know when I would that same day. So y’all can assume what you want, but like I said my job over shipping a bat. Suck my ****.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
No there wasn’t. I work at 6am. Depending on what we are shipping out that day I could work from 8/12 hours. The day I said I could ship we weren’t as busy and was told that it would be an 8 hour day. But I’m in the food industry buddy and we had a bunch of Walmart orders drop, 2nd shift WMS coordinator left on bereavement and I had to cover the the first four of his shift and the 3rd shift WMS coordinator had to cover the last four. He went to Chicago for a funeral. And was out all last week. 6 to 630 all week. I didn’t have time and told him I didn’t know when I would that same day. So y’all can assume what you want, but like I said my job over shipping a bat. Suck my ****.

Ah, so you obviously don't get breaks or lunch when you work, right? 6 am-6:30 pm without a single break. Sucks that USPS doesn't ship on Saturdays too, right?

4xtra

Player/Coach

We understand that alot was thrown at you at that time but USPS, FEDEX and UPS will absolutely pick up packages at place of work.
I have done this literally 100+ times.
The key is to COMMUNICATE with your buyer/seller if something crazy happens.
If you have an issue and cannot send me a bat right away BUT you let me know, I CAN WAIT (its only a bat).
(I have waited a month for one before but I still got it)
Some guys want their stuff in 48-72 hours but if you tell them you cannot send it ASAP,
AT LEAST LET THEM KNOW.

getting blown off after something has been paid for makes people almost sick to their stomach.

Last edited:

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Seeing your text asking "if the bat has been shipped yet" was read with NO response makes people even sicker to their stomach.