Bye bye Joe Pa...

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the clarification. And no, I didn't ask her to check on PA law when I asked her about this while we were watching the news last night and she told me what she knows about other states. My bad for passing it on without getting more info.

Stretch19

Grow up
just busting balls...local sports talk show had a "legal expert" on yesterday talking about the same thing. he met the bare bones legal requirements by passing it to the AD, but certainly did nothing to meet any moral requirements thats for sure...

shorel

Addicted to Softballfans
no sh*t! its freaking children! I dont care who the person or coach is, shut the F up until all the facts are out. How stupid are those people going to look if even more stuff comes out that the old man or anybody else didnt do anything about it.
Can not believe all the people standing up for him in this early stage. Do they even really know what they are standing against?

i'll toss this in, which occurred to me yesterday: supposing he actually did more than just report it up the line, maybe he asked later, and was expressly told to leave it be, it's in our hands now? it's even possible that he was told by university counsel to take no further action. probably we would have heard that by now, but still it's possible. some people have suggested he should have contacted the victim but that too could have been seen the wrong way, as interfering or even obstruction.

just pointing out the dangers of jumping to conclusions.

Stretch19

Grow up
come on guy, its JoePa, he runs Penn State. If it was something he cared about he could have done whatever he wanted and the University would have supported him...

Stretch19

Grow up
ESPN News - Sources: Penn State coach Joe Paterno has decided to retire, effective at the end of the season

Unfuggingbelievable, what a joke PSU is...

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
According to local sports radio (1310am in DFW for all you P1s) the followign has been reported:
17 victims so far -- but with the "Second Mile" foundation founded in the 1970s, the list could get long.
Mike McQueary and his dad have asserted that they gave Paterno details about what Mike saw in the shower.
7 other assistant coaches knew about Sandusky's "activities."

Hard to imagine Paterno didn't know what Sandusky was doing.

Sandusky is 67, and all he has to look forward to is spending the rest of his life in the big house where his role in the shower will be a bit different. So, what is the over/under on the date of Sandusky's suicide? Will he make it to Thanksgiving?

Last edited:

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
This thing is huge and I think it is going to get even bigger. It has the possibility of taking down a lot of people.

One thing that I just thought about was this, and it is just speculation: Mike McQueary, who was a graduate student at the time, witnessed Sandusky in the shower with the child. Mcqueary then contacted his father and his father told him to leave the facility and come to his house. Mike McQueary and his father then went to Joe Paterno and told him what was seen in the shower.

McQueary is now a coach at PSU. Is it possible that Paterno promised Mike McQueary a position on his staff if he didn't make "waves"? Who knows?

Also, what about the current PA Governor Tom Corbett? At the time this all went down, it was Tom Corbett's Office of Attorney General that let these people off the hook. Why? Is it because it involved some powerful and influential people? The problem now is, the entire country (maybe the world!) is watching.

This is going to get very interesting.

Stretch19

Grow up
i was thinking the same, that McQueary might have gotten a position in return for keeping quiet but I doubt that is the case.

McQueary played at Penn State, he was a QB there from 1994-1997, while Sandusky was there. He was a co captain his senior year, broke 3 school records and was one of 5 finalists for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm award. The fact that he acted like a punk ***** when he saw the incident in the shower is mind blowing. Here this dude is 26-27 years old, obviously able to hold himself physically after playing QB at PSU, he sees a 60 year old man naked in the showers raping a 10 y/o in the ass and he leaves so he can call his Dad? youve got to be kidding me...

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
Everyone who knew about this and did nothing should resign ASAP in shame and take whatever charges are applicable (including JoePa). We're not talking about a scandal regarding grades in English 099, this is sex with a 12yr old in a shower by a geriatric.

Stretch19

Grow up
oh so you meant State College? that makes sense now, I was trying to figure out wtf A&M had done recently...good contribution to the thread

FAT JESUS

More than likely
That guy shouldve been in jail the next day, and still should be there. Everyone in that admin that knew about this needs to be fired. You know they covered it up to save the university. And dont be surprised to find out that the cops might have turned a cheek and let that guy off with a warning......lol a warning for ****ing kids in a shower, thats hilarious. That guy should be dead after getting tortured by gang bangers in prison for being a pediphile.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
why would there be a zoo in College Station? Texas A&M hasnt done much this year to garnish attention...?

I think you mean garner.

Jay Bilas, who I normally don't really agree with, hit this nail on the head. He said, why does everyone keep saying they are waiting to hear everything? What could you possibly hear about this situation that would make you say, okay, I understand it now?

Laws, shock, emotions, and all the things that would be involved in being this grad assistant that witnessed this, I can understand how he didn't immediately step in and break it up. I'm not saying it was right to not do it, or that I think I wouldn't have intervened, but I can understand that. This guy was his coach apparently, and he probably saw him as being a great man, if not a father figure. Everything after that moment is inconceivable completely. Who cares what your legal obligations are, it's a child, and you claim to care about the development of young men. You claim to be an institution for the development of young minds. Everything they claim is a direct contradiction to the way this was handled. It's mind-boggling in a way I can't put into words.

philthy3

Naughty in North Texas
Maybe it is because I have a young son that is 11 that this hits me so hard or maybe it’s just my natural disdain for sick MF’ing pedophiles. I hope they take Sandusky, JoePa, the ***** a$$ assistant coach and all those sorry SOB’s that have help to cover this up for the betterment of Penn State football and put them in a cell with a large amount of well-endowed men and let them do the same things to them as Sandusky did to those innocent little boys.

I cannot believe the assistant coach that caught him raping the 10yr old boy in the shower was such a puss that he ran away and did not physically intervene and stop the rape in 2002. I also cannot believe the audacity of that dried up old prick JoePa who just released a statement that he will retire after the end of this season. Are you F’ng kidding me?????? That SOB needs to be fired this second, he should have just as much control in the remainder of his tenure there as those small boys had when being sexually assaulted by that F’n monster Sandusky.

There is a special place in hell for MF’rs like this and I for one wish I was able to help that SOB expedite his trip there!

These are my humble opinions on this matter

philthy3

Naughty in North Texas
Maybe it is because I have a young son that is 11 that this hits me so hard or maybe it’s just my natural disdain for sick MF’ing pedophiles. I hope they take Sandusky, JoePa, the ***** a$$ assistant coach and all those sorry SOB’s that have help to cover this up for the betterment of Penn State football and put them in a cell with a large amount of well-endowed men and let them do the same things to them as Sandusky did to those innocent little boys.

I cannot believe the assistant coach that caught him raping the 10yr old boy in the shower was such a puss that he ran away and did not physically intervene and stop the rape in 2002. I also cannot believe the audacity of that dried up old prick JoePa who just released a statement that he will retire after the end of this season. Are you F’ng kidding me?????? That SOB needs to be fired this second, he should have just as much control in the remainder of his tenure there as those small boys had when being sexually assaulted by that F’n monster Sandusky.

There is a special place in hell for MF’rs like this and I for one wish I was able to help that SOB expedite his trip there!

These are my humble opinions on this matter

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans
This thing is huge and I think it is going to get even bigger. It has the possibility of taking down a lot of people.

One thing that I just thought about was this, and it is just speculation: Mike McQueary, who was a graduate student at the time, witnessed Sandusky in the shower with the child. Mcqueary then contacted his father and his father told him to leave the facility and come to his house. Mike McQueary and his father then went to Joe Paterno and told him what was seen in the shower.

McQueary is now a coach at PSU. Is it possible that Paterno promised Mike McQueary a position on his staff if he didn't make "waves"? Who knows?

Also, what about the current PA Governor Tom Corbett? At the time this all went down, it was Tom Corbett's Office of Attorney General that let these people off the hook. Why? Is it because it involved some powerful and influential people? The problem now is, the entire country (maybe the world!) is watching.

This is going to get very interesting.

i was thinking the same, that McQueary might have gotten a position in return for keeping quiet but I doubt that is the case.

McQueary played at Penn State, he was a QB there from 1994-1997, while Sandusky was there. He was a co captain his senior year, broke 3 school records and was one of 5 finalists for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm award. The fact that he acted like a punk ***** when he saw the incident in the shower is mind blowing. Here this dude is 26-27 years old, obviously able to hold himself physically after playing QB at PSU, he sees a 60 year old man naked in the showers raping a 10 y/o in the ass and he leaves so he can call his Dad? youve got to be kidding me...

There was a piece on ESPN radio (yeah, I know those guys just like to stoke the fire...but it's worth discussing) and one of the hosts had talked to their college coach buddies. This buddy said it's UNREAL for a GA to stay at the same institution and rise through the ranks to be a coach at the level he is with a MAJOR college program. Said the guy has to be either an unreal talent (he is not) or have had some strings pulled for him. As you were....

crf158

Benchwarmer
There was a piece on ESPN radio (yeah, I know those guys just like to stoke the fire...but it's worth discussing) and one of the hosts had talked to their college coach buddies. This buddy said it's UNREAL for a GA to stay at the same institution and rise through the ranks to be a coach at the level he is with a MAJOR college program. Said the guy has to be either an unreal talent (he is not) or have had some strings pulled for him. As you were....

Agreed to a point. He also grew up in State College around Paterno's kids, was the star QB for State College HS and was the starting QB for Penn State before he became that GA. Joe is very loyal (look how long his assistants stay) and knew McQuery since he was a kid. It's probably harder to imagine McQueary growing up in tiny State College and becoming the PSU starting QB than growing up there and becoming a PSU coach.

Then again, I could also agree with the fact there may have been some strings pulled.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Even if nothing was ever said about this between McQueary and Paterno, I am sure you are going to be very nice to a guy who could bring down your program and legacy with one phone call. And heck, if the guy goes off to work at UCLA or FSU or wherever, can you trust that he won't mention some if this to someone? No, better to keep him close and invested in keeping the secret.

st.pauly

retired utility player
at work we discussed jokingly the other day the possibility of a "Paterno Crime Syndicate" (Godfather style).. (this was before all of the graphic disgusting details unfolded).. the DA went missing in 2004 or 2005 (still missing and presumed dead).. what are the odds?

also Gov Corbett is on the PSU board of Trustees

I can't speak for everyone but for me it has been an embarrassing an appauling week to be/or have been (since I am not sure where I stand anymore b/c the players aren't the ones at fault yet are gona suffer) a Penn St fan..

st.pauly

retired utility player
What broke all this news? And what about the DA?!? I hadn't heard they died wow

someone came forward..
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/03/jerry_sandusky_former_penn_sta.html

there was a DA investigating Sandusky around 04-05.. they found his car and laptop... wonder if there is some kind of connection he is the one who decided to not prosecute Sandusky for showering with two boys...

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/former_centre_county_da_ray_g.html

6-4-3

#1 Thread Killer
I think you mean garner.

Jay Bilas, who I normally don't really agree with, hit this nail on the head. He said, why does everyone keep saying they are waiting to hear everything? What could you possibly hear about this situation that would make you say, okay, I understand it now?

Laws, shock, emotions, and all the things that would be involved in being this grad assistant that witnessed this, I can understand how he didn't immediately step in and break it up. I'm not saying it was right to not do it, or that I think I wouldn't have intervened, but I can understand that. This guy was his coach apparently, and he probably saw him as being a great man, if not a father figure. Everything after that moment is inconceivable completely. Who cares what your legal obligations are, it's a child, and you claim to care about the development of young men. You claim to be an institution for the development of young minds. Everything they claim is a direct contradiction to the way this was handled. It's mind-boggling in a way I can't put into words.

how the **** do you understand this? you see a 10 year old kid getting ass****ed in the shower by a 60 year old and you pass it off as just another couple of your buddies playing hide the ween? wtf