Bye bye Joe Pa...

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
When he announced that the board of trustees shouldn't spend "one single minute considering his future" as he would step down after the season, I am sure a bunch of them felt patronized and manipulated. Good. He is going to wake up every morning for the rest of his life thinking about his failures in this and how it destroyed his legacy. Good.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Penn State students seem to have the same intelligence level as the typical SBF poster

browns99

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm willing to bet that given Paterno's age, the situation and one of the most important things in his life taken away from him that his health will deterioate fast.

Im Gloving It

Next on hitlist.
i liked how he tried calling the shots saying he would finish the year. That old man has some balls. Like they were really going to let that happen.
It also bothers me that he was saying hed spend the rest of his life helping the university, instead of the kids.

nextlevel

This is the official email sent to students.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Pennsylvania State University Board of Trustees and Graham Spanier have decided that, effective immediately, Dr. Spanier is no longer president of the University. Additionally, the board determined that it is in the best interest of the University for Joe Paterno to no longer serve as head football coach, effective immediately.

The board has named Dr. Rodney A. Erickson, executive vice president and provost, as the interim president of the University. Tom Bradley, assistant coach, has been named interim head football coach.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Penn State just committed murder. Joe Pa won't live for another year.

If you want to blame someone, look to Sandusky. And Paterno probably would have survived this (have been considered the good guy who stopped the child rapist) had he done the right thing when he first found out about it. I have no sympathy.

st.pauly

retired utility player
i liked how he tried calling the shots saying he would finish the year. That old man has some balls. Like they were really going to let that happen.
It also bothers me that he was saying hed spend the rest of his life helping the university, instead of the kids.

if you really think about it, it makes a case for when he said "he's just an employee"

at least the 150 kids on the team might now have a chance at moving on and playing ball, they are the ones who are gonna catch the most flack (in every stadium they play) yet they had nothing to do with the whole situation.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
If you want to blame someone, look to Sandusky. And Paterno probably would have survived this (have been considered the good guy who stopped the child rapist) had he done the right thing when he first found out about it. I have no sympathy.

See heres the thing..... Do i think what Paterno did was right? No. But actually based on everything i've seen he did what was right and put in writing for him. He told his higher ups, which is what he was required to do. I think he should have told police though. But how much do you hear Sanduskys name mentioned? ya know the guy that actually raped the children? Not at all compared to JoePa..... who did nothing wrong. It sucks. Not only was he the face of a college, he was the face of a sport. And for him to be dragged through the mud, because he did what he believed the right thing... boggles my mind.

st.pauly

retired utility player
See heres the thing..... Do i think what Paterno did was right? No. But actually based on everything i've seen he did what was right and put in writing for him. He told his higher ups, which is what he was required to do. I think he should have told police though. But how much do you hear Sanduskys name mentioned? ya know the guy that actually raped the children? Not at all compared to JoePa..... who did nothing wrong. It sucks. Not only was he the face of a college, he was the face of a sport. And for him to be dragged through the mud, because he did what he believed the right thing... boggles my mind.

I agree (somewhat)... yet he still morally should have done more upon hearing of the situation to begin with..... also, The DA that opted to not prosecute Sandusky (I linked it before) might be one of the worst characters of the story.. you have to dig to even find anything about that..

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.

If he were the one that witnessed it he would completely be in the wrong for not going to the police. I think he took what he heard to the higher ups and figured they would investigate it and take it to the police. Not saying what he did was right, but it is odd that people talk about him needed to be hung/shot and no mention is of Sandusky that truly did something terrible.

By no means am I a Penn State fan either.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
After 60+ years of coaching and over a year since the grand jury testimony, the fact this happened 4 days after he passed Eddie Robinson should not be ignored.

Gotta wonder about why this didn't come up in 2002 when he was going head to head with Bowden..

It's also ironic that a month or so go LBU heard from his sources, and I heard from one, that PSU was meeting with Urban about being Paternos replacement and gauging his interest. I'm sure they knew about all this then.

You know, sometimes there's a cost associated with doing the right thing and unfortunately, none of these people were willing to pay that cost. It's truly disturbing and they deserved to be fired.

Last edited:

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
We are Penn State

kirkherbstreit_earthquakeface_sandusky.gif

20f2nau.gif

Last edited:
Did JoePa tell the hire ups. Sure. Did he do enough when hearing about A 10 YR OLD BOY BEING RAPED IN THE SHOWERS? No. It is gross moral negligence. And McQuery should have stopped the act if he saw it. Not run away like a little fool.

I was still operating under the pretence of innocent until proven guilty. But JoePa's speed yesterday about how he should have done more pretty much sealed the fate for Sandusky.

It was time for JoePa to go, but I am tire of hearing about how he is somewhat of a victim here. No one really focuses on the kids that got molested. Pretty damn pathetic.

If he were the one that witnessed it he would completely be in the wrong for not going to the police. I think he took what he heard to the higher ups and figured they would investigate it and take it to the police. Not saying what he did was right, but it is odd that people talk about him needed to be hung/shot and no mention is of Sandusky that truly did something terrible.

True. Though he fault based on what he knew. Sandusky and the higher ups that did nothing need to be raped in prison.

I agree (somewhat)... yet he still morally should have done more upon hearing of the situation to begin with..... also, The DA that opted to not prosecute Sandusky (I linked it before) might be one of the worst characters of the story.. you have to dig to even find anything about that..

This! Paterno is just collateral damage but it was deserved. But at this rate, you need to clean house of those related to the situation.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans

Read a little about that earlier.. digusting on the DA's part.
I am not either.. I am a "rival" fan of Michigan State.
After 60+ years of coaching and over a year since the grand jury testimony, the fact this happened 4 days after he passed Eddie Robinson should not be ignored.

Gotta wonder about why this didn't come up in 2002 when he was going head to head with Bowden..

It's also ironic that a month or so go LBU heard from his sources, and I heard from one, that PSU was meeting with Urban about being Paternos replacement and gauging his interest. I'm sure they knew about all this then.

You know, sometimes there's a cost associated with doing the right thing and unfortunately, none of these people were willing to pay that cost. It's truly disturbing and they deserved to be fired.

I was thinking this earlier.... that it was odd timing for this to come out.... joePa breaks the record and all hell breaks loose.

Treb

Retired
True. Though he has some fault. He should not be stoned in public, though. Sandusky and the higher ups that did nothing need to be raped in prison.

Paterno is no better than the higher ups. the guy is still walking around on campus for years after all this happened and he still decides to ignore what happened?

mtglite

F.O.E.
the Penn State students that are protesting are really going look back on this and feel like complete idiots a few years down the road.
Cant for the life of me find out what the hell is going through their heads.
Sports is sports, and it doesnt hold a candle to any childs well being.