C.L.I. softball

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
some good sherly back grounds in some of the vids :)
i need to learn how to edit @#$@$!@#$!#@$!#@$!#$%@$%!#

Bulldogg

<font color="#696969">OG Villain</font>
Hey Swilly, why is it I can get 16 flag football teams of mostly 18-25 year olds but I can't get more than 4 softball teams of mostly 25-35 year olds? The football teams rarely have more than 10 players and unlike the 25-35 year old softball players, the "kids" don't have a problem paying $100 or more a man for an indoor season.

You and the rest of the core group of about 30 softball players have always paid your way but I'm having a hard time figuring out why more die-hard softball players don't want to play. It's really a shame that more guys/teams don't want to play.....or is it just a matter of more guys/teams just not wanting to pay?

I'm just askin'...........

Still need to hit the east side/Liberty crowd yet.. I think adding the tournaments was a huge step in the right direction for getting us east siders out to that dome to play in those tournaments.. Most of us here don't really take dome league to serious, its more for some swings and hanging out, so they might not want to pay more for league.. But the tournaments should be a hit and will only get bigger on the east side IMO. There has been a lot of talk about it out here already..

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
Still need to hit the east side/Liberty crowd yet.. I think adding the tournaments was a huge step in the right direction for getting us east siders out to that dome to play in those tournaments.. Most of us here don't really take dome league to serious, its more for some swings and hanging out, so they might not want to pay more for league.. But the tournaments should be a hit and will only get bigger on the east side IMO. There has been a lot of talk about it out here already..

So far its been a ***** at the players that they will "cancel the program for lack of teams" approach to get the word out.

Bulldogg

So far its been a ***** at the players that they will "cancel the program for lack of teams" approach to get the word out.

It looks sweet from the videos.. All I hear over on this end is how the tournaments are filling up real fast.. What dates are their openings for tournaments.. I am going to come out on the 28th to check out the dome during that tournament that night..

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
Some how at 375 bucks per team tournament they fail to make any money, this will probs be the last year for them. So you plan on playing here ever I would get in ASAP.

Bulldogg

Some how at 375 bucks per team tournament they fail to make any money, this will probs be the last year for them. So you plan on playing here ever I would get in ASAP.

Well I know the price is why some teams are backing away from it, personally i think the price is fair. But it sounds like a lot of teams think that that is too much money to spend on a 4 team tournament..

What dates are still open??

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
i have no idea... price or not if they are not making a buck on it its not going to last anyways... ijs

oyatournies

Extra Hitter
The tournament series will continue. It probably averages $40 per person to play for 7 hours of entertainment. You get a minimum of 3 games (possibly 4) and around 3-4 hours of cage time. Not a bad deal for 7 hours of entertainment. February is VERY close to being filled. We appreciate the teams that are supporting these events. I personally LOVE the PASSION that all the softball players bring and love putting this on for everybody. We have teams coming from everywhere. This weekend we have teams coming from Grand Rapids, Dearborn, Lansing and Monroe. Good luck to everybody and if you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me. You can send email to [email protected] or call me 248.701.1143 to talk.

Joe@OaklandYard

Starting Player
This is fresh from "The You Gotta give a man props when props is do Department"..........Dave Swilly, once he found out no teams were looking to pick up any scrub players scrounging around hoping to get into Oakland Yard's Midnight Madness tournament, sucked it up and upon request, donned his blues and umped the scheduled 4:00 am. 5:00 am and 6:00 am Championship Game between X-Faxtor and Syndicate.

After I got over the initial shock that the old SwillDog had a little ump blood in him after all, I settled back and watched the man do a damned fine job. My first thought was "Cory Who?" I guess now the word is out that Swilly has jumped teams once again and he's now a full fledged Oakland Yard Softball umpire his CLI Boys might get their towels in a twist. Hey, all I know is that he came through just great when I needed him and I'll be using him again if he can take the abuse from team sponsor Shirley, former golfer Mike, and The Drunk guy that auditions for American Idol every week in our lobby before someone pours him home.

Thanks Dave......You certainly passed the audition. I'll be looking for you to do at last one more of these so I included a little bonus for helping me out. You earned it!

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
LOLing at the three deletes above that... have a lil trouble posting today?

Its "cody" lol

And as I said I like to ump so I had as much fun as if I were playing.

Last edited:

Joe@OaklandYard

Starting Player
I own a vBulletin powered golf web site so I know these things happen. Click "Post Quick Reply" and nothing happens.....click again and suddenly there's 3 posts.:confused:

The "Cory" typo was my fault. :eek:

Besides, you did such a nice job I wanted to make sure everyone read about it. ;)

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
picture.php

best angle there ump???

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
Any board teams want a spring time warm up scrim let me know.. just a bar team but we like to play.