Cage or live bp

bigalortiz

Addicted to Softballfans
There is an indoor batting cage across the street from my job. For 50 bucks a month I can go as manytimes as I want. Was wondering what you guys would do. Stick to live bp 1-2 times a week or cage 5 times a week

A'bomB

Get back mutha ****er
There is an indoor batting cage across the street from my job. For 50 bucks a month I can go as manytimes as I want. Was wondering what you guys would do. Stick to live bp 1-2 times a week or cage 5 times a week
Just give up the game... its cheaper yet.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Live is better considering if you have a good bp pitcher. If you dont its a waste of time

A'bomB

Get back mutha ****er
Noobs like you should stick to the lounge.
Good one... typically when I'm looking to beat up on ****tards like you, I have to show up in here. You've taken so many verbal ass whoopings from the lounge, you've become afraid of posting in there. You're still easy to find though. Where there's average, there's Jay.

AveregeJay

Banned User
Good one... typically when I'm looking to beat up on ****tards like you, I have to show up in here. You've taken so many verbal ass whoopings from the lounge, you've become afraid of posting in there. You're still easy to find though. Where there's average, there's Jay.

Haha, you got me there.:rolleyes:

I fear the e-beatdowns you give me.

bodyguarda.jpg

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Is there something wrong with doing both?

No, there is nothing wrong with doing both especially if you don't have a good pitcher or reliable BP partners. Throw some Tee work in there one day a week and it's even better.
To the OP just make sure if it's an outdoor cage and they used the dimpled balls you are selective in your bat choice...

diet pepsi

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't like machine tosses either. I feel like it is a waste of time. But, it is certainly OK, once a month or so to work on a specific skill.

leftcenter01

on the down slope
I would do both, more is better when it comes to trying to perfect your swing. If you get live bp 1 or 2 times per week why not supplement with cage time just for getting stronger by swinging at the heavier balls. If I lived near an indoor cage 50$ would be a bargain.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

CAGES will never break my bats. Never

FrozenRopes#10

Addicted to Softballfans
No, there is nothing wrong with doing both especially if you don't have a good pitcher or reliable BP partners. Throw some Tee work in there one day a week and it's even better.
To the OP just make sure if it's an outdoor cage and they used the dimpled balls you are selective in your bat choice...

ive heard that the cage balls arent good for your bat. is this true and why

xLongBallx

I may have a problem.....
live BP anyday but a good point was made to be sure you have a decent BP pitch. That helps out tremendously

diet pepsi

Addicted to Softballfans
As far as the softballs that are used, some of those in the new complexes are OK. It it the ones that are laying outside at an outdoor facility that are hard on bats.

A good facility, should be able to tell you if the balls will hurt your bat.