Cage or live bp

flapjaxx

Watch your shins!
As far as the softballs that are used, some of those in the new complexes are OK. It it the ones that are laying outside at an outdoor facility that are hard on bats.

A good facility, should be able to tell you if the balls will hurt your bat.[/QUOTE]

So your saying, a business would tell you whether or not to use their product?!?! Probably not buddy....Not how it works....."Yeah, don't hit our balls, go hit someone elses" lol

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
Sorry but I'd rather take a strike all day in a cage than a non pitcher throwing me junk for bp. You can still work on timing at the cage. The timing portion is for me is when the ball gets thrown and my leg kick. Going to all fields is just a matter of where I line up at the plate.

I do lots of t work as well.

House00

Slingin' lead!
Sorry but I'd rather take a strike all day in a cage than a non pitcher throwing me junk for bp. You can still work on timing at the cage. The timing portion is for me is when the ball gets thrown and my leg kick. Going to all fields is just a matter of where I line up at the plate.

I do lots of t work as well.

i agree with the strike part but the thing i like about live bp is you get the non strikes that you can adjust and swing at... i will swing at almost everything in bp to see what i can and cant hit... with the cages, you know where the ball is gonna be, so its almost like shooting fish in a barrel... either way, your getting swings in and can work on any adjustments you need to make...

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
i agree with the strike part but the thing i like about live bp is you get the non strikes that you can adjust and swing at... i will swing at almost everything in bp to see what i can and cant hit... with the cages, you know where the ball is gonna be, so its almost like shooting fish in a barrel... either way, your getting swings in and can work on any adjustments you need to make...

I see your point but I don't want to get into a habit of swinging at non strikes. I have the strike pitch xerox'd into my brain.
Low pitches..get deeper in the box. Outside pitches...step away from the plate.

tomdonohue1

Vandelay Industries
Wow, 5 days a week is a little excessive. I play adult baseball, and I only hit in the cages once a week the day before games and that suits me fine. Save your money and go with the live BP. The ball is only coming in at 20 mph, you should be fine with BP once a season. That works for me in softball.

House00

Slingin' lead!
I see your point but I don't want to get into a habit of swinging at non strikes. I have the strike pitch xerox'd into my brain.
Low pitches..get deeper in the box. Outside pitches...step away from the plate.

i gotcha... everyone will have a different approach to working on what they need to... i also like to watch where the ball is going when it leaves my bat... thats really the only gripe i have with the cages is that you cant always tell where the ball is going

blakcherry329

There is an indoor batting cage across the street from my job. For 50 bucks a month I can go as manytimes as I want. Was wondering what you guys would do. Stick to live bp 1-2 times a week or cage 5 times a week

Why can't you do both? For $12.50 a week, you can go as many times as you want, in between live bp. This is a no brainer. I spend $20 for 10 rounds. You can do that during lunch one day. What are you a Ra-tard?:confused::D