Calipari is scared

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im a UK fan but tubby winning the title was not with his recruits so dont forget that

So? I'm a Tubby fan. He still coached them, as an assistant before, and the head coach when they won it. I would've thought after the rise and fall of Billy G that people would stop valuing the recruiter over the coach. I used to say the same thing about Cal, but I think he's become a much better coach over the years.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tubby is from my hometown. Talked to him many times.

He and Donna are awesome. I never talked to him, but helped her a few times. All Coaches do a lot for their communities because they get paid a ****load and are expected to, but he did a lot that he tried to keep on the DL. I mean a lot of good, I don't think he was on the DL.

Two_Three

Insert Penis Below
He coached at my highschool for a bit. Where he got his start. I am really good friends with two of his nephews.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
He coached at my highschool for a bit. Where he got his start. I am really good friends with two of his nephews.

I was one of few that was sad to see him go, but I liked Defense, and even if we lost you knew that he knew which games were important. Except UAB in the NCAAs. Still, I would've rather had him than a guy like Billy G who is really slimy.

If Call stays clean his whole time at UK, I'll call it a wash, but I'd have picked Tubby over him all day long. I know I'm the only one.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I doubt Cheatipari is scared.......He'll still have the best freshmen boosters can buy on the court next season. Rivalries end all the time for various reasons.....But, I doubt that Cheatipari is scared of IU.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
I get some of your points then you do things like compare IU's program and history to Butler. Then you try to say IU isn't an elite program. Last I checked they have more National Titles than Duke and the same amount as UNC. UK had their down years under Tubby and that Drunk Gillespie. I believe UK was chasing perfection last year right? Who ended that chance? Who was the last school to go undefeated?

I'm talking about now. Butler has been much more succesful than Indiana in the past 10 years. So yes butler is more relevant in the present. If you want to talk about the past then ucla should be the king ****s of college basketball. But no one cares to play them now. They may change that now with that recruiting class but that doesn't change the fact they they haven't been very good lately. Just like Indiana.

Stroh13

I'm talking about now. Butler has been much more succesful than Indiana in the past 10 years. So yes butler is more relevant in the present. If you want to talk about the past then ucla should be the king ****s of college basketball. But no one cares to play them now. They may change that now with that recruiting class but that doesn't change the fact they they haven't been very good lately. Just like Indiana.

If Butler is such a better program why does IU have 3 of the premier players from Indianapolis coming in next year? They have 2 premier players coming in from Indianapolis in 2013 and 2 more in 2014.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
If Butler is such a better program why does IU have 3 of the premier players from Indianapolis coming in next year? They have 2 premier players coming in from Indianapolis in 2013 and 2 more in 2014.

For the same reason that a lot of kids go to schools. Grew up watching games in assembly, dad loved hobby knight and had them dressed in red and white since they were born, history of the program, the list goes on and on. When youre an 18 year old kid it's much cooler to say I'm going to (insert NCAA 1a school) than to say I'm going (insert mid major). If you honestly think Indiana has been a premier school in the last decade you're sorely mistaken.

eHall

Base burglar

Butlers run was a flash in the pan. They will never sniff the elite 8 again let alone the final 4.

IU should be ranked top 3 next year right now. The incoming freshman class is not as strong as years past. Louisville returns everyone and so does IU. Uk will reload and should be top 10.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Butlers run was a flash in the pan. They will never sniff the elite 8 again let alone the final 4.

IU should be ranked top 3 next year right now. The incoming freshman class is not as strong as years past. Louisville returns everyone and so does IU. Uk will reload and should be top 10.

Agreed that it was a flash in the pan but you cannot be an intelligent college basketball fan and say a school will never do that again. Anything is possible in college basketball. But back to the original statement. I said butler has been more relevant in the past decade than indiana has. That's not even debatable.

eHall

Base burglar
Agreed on the IU vs butler. Butler has 2 runner ups. Not many teams in that category really. Kansas, uk, duke, Florida, unc, ohio st are the few in that class that i can think of.

IU has a tradition and strong fanbase. It is good to see them back. We will see how they react to being a top ranked team. Its not easy when you have the bullseye on your back.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Agreed on the IU vs butler. Butler has 2 runner ups. Not many teams in that category really. Kansas, uk, duke, Florida, unc, ohio st are the few in that class that i can think of.

IU has a tradition and strong fanbase. It is good to see them back. We will see how they react to being a top ranked team. Its not easy when you have the bullseye on your back.

And that's the thing. How many times do you see crazy talented teams underachieve when they should dominate. Look at Baylor this year. Arguably the most athletically talented team in the country. They just couldn't handle it. We will see how Indiana handles it. If I was their coach I would be turning off the tvs and throwing away the newspapers. Nothing worse for a bunch of young kids to get all hyped up and big headed before the season even starts.

Sprint2

Addicted to Softballfans
JHall seems to be a little off and to have very little knowledge of college bball....But I doubt Cal is scared...A little nervous? The fact that IU is ranked preseason #1 Im sure made his decision that much easier to make...

UK had a great year...Im a little anxious to see how it all pans out and if it sticks...Any UK fan is a liar if they say they are confident the banner stays hung

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
JHall seems to be a little off and to have very little knowledge of college bball....But I doubt Cal is scared...A little nervous? The fact that IU is ranked preseason #1 Im sure made his decision that much easier to make...

UK had a great year...Im a little anxious to see how it all pans out and if it sticks...Any UK fan is a liar if they say they are confident the banner stays hung

Very little knowlege???? Hahaha ok bud. Imagine that. An indiana fan disagreeing with me saying that Indiana isn't **** anymore. Weird. Just because someone disagrees with your hometown team doesn't mean they have very little
Knowledge. Please show me one thing that would suggest I have very little college basketball knowledge.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Preseason #1???

Big ****ing deal!!! ........Means nothing. It's who's holding the gold at the end that matters...Goddamn it's funny to see guys crow about preseason #1. It means ****all to anything. :)

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm confident you're still as jealous of the previous seven as you were before the 8th was added.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
Very little knowlege???? Hahaha ok bud. Imagine that. An indiana fan disagreeing with me saying that Indiana isn't **** anymore. Weird. Just because someone disagrees with your hometown team doesn't mean they have very little
Knowledge. Please show me one thing that would suggest I have very little college basketball knowledge.

I think it is the fact that you like to argue EVERY point ever made in any thread. You might know a crapload about college basketball; you just don't articulate what you know. You constantly do exactly what you are claiming he does. You ***** and complain and insult when someone talks about UK. I have no horse in this race (besides the fact that I hate Calipari) but your constant BS about the dominanace of UK is exhausting.

And another point: If you think the guy that makes $600K (the AD) calls the shots over the guy that makes on average about $4MM a season then you are crazy.

Cue the "I never said that, bud........." in 3.............2........................

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it is the fact that you like to argue EVERY point ever made in any thread. You might know a crapload about college basketball; you just don't articulate what you know. You constantly do exactly what you are claiming he does. You ***** and complain and insult when someone talks about UK. I have no horse in this race (besides the fact that I hate Calipari) but your constant BS about the dominanace of UK is exhausting.

And another point: If you think the guy that makes $600K (the AD) calls the shots over the guy that makes on average about $4MM a season then you are crazy.

Cue the "I never said that, bud........." in 3.............2........................

I didn't even realize he was a UK fan. Are you sure you're not confusing him with someone else?

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe I am. I am standing by the constant nonsensical arguing by him though. YOU are the one that is constantly hyping UK. :D

I actuall can't stand kentucky. I'm a unc fan. I think you're confusing me with someone. I would never argue with anyone.

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are starting to sound like a steeler fan.
No way.
It was a good run at that perfect season. UK was definitely the best team in the Nation this year. I do not dispute that. Just like you can't dispute that Calipari doesn't want to play IU @ Rupp or Assembly Hall.

http://www.coachcal.com/14391/2012/...tional-schedule-for-a-nontraditional-program/

He's scared...
No way.
I actuall can't stand kentucky. I'm a unc fan. I think you're confusing me with someone. I would never argue with anyone.

LOL

eHall

Base burglar
Preseason #1???

Big ****ing deal!!! ........Means nothing. It's who's holding the gold at the end that matters...Goddamn it's funny to see guys crow about preseason #1. It means ****all to anything. :)

For once i agree with you. When was the last timd a preseason num 1 won the title? Unc was preseason #1 last year. Florida? UNC?

I said it before, uk was going to drop one of the three rival series home and home of unc, louisville or IU. IU was given the choice, nuetral sites or nothing at all. IU made the choice. The fact that IU will be preseason number 1 was not a factor.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
For once i agree with you. When was the last timd a preseason num 1 won the title? Unc was preseason #1 last year. Florida? UNC?

I said it before, uk was going to drop one of the three rival series home and home of unc, louisville or IU. IU was given the choice, nuetral sites or nothing at all. IU made the choice. The fact that IU will be preseason number 1 was not a factor.

And let's be honest. If you're picking between those three schools Indiana is the obvious choice to drop. It's not even debatable really.

eHall

Base burglar
And let's be honest. If you're picking between those three schools Indiana is the obvious choice to drop. It's not even debatable really.

the main reason was UK adding another early season neutral site series. This year they play in the nets (i think) new arena vs maryland in a made for espn game.