Calling out so-cal asa directors

gfunk

<font color="#00008B">VATO LOCO</font>
just want to post on the board that you guys ran a good tournment in riverside ...:cool::cool: bat provided tourney with prizes up front !!! who does that.....................:eek::eek:

thank gary , big jay and bubba !!!! plus staff :):)

hope next one will be worth or easton

FAT RHINOS---GABE

Dr. K

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Gabe....I wil be working with Brett Helmer to do an event as soon as the NEW model Easton's are released.
A Worth event using the 454's is also possible.

ancientways.sbc

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Gabe....I wil be working with Brett Helmer to do an event as soon as the NEW model Easton's are released.
A Worth event using the 454's is also possible.

this would be great, think it would cause a certain director to soil himself...

Edee31

Star Player
I usually do not comment on posts, but it's just ridiculous that any National Organization has to steal any independent's idea and just run with it. You wouldnt think that national organization's would not need a gimmick that the independents need to try to stay in the game.

I usually do not comment on posts, but it's just ridiculous that any National Organization has to steal any independent's idea and just run with it. You wouldnt think that national organization's would not need a gimmick that the independents need to try to stay in the game.

Have you been around the tourney scene very long? This isnt a new idea and the smaller associations DEFINITELY didnt think of it first.

AtomicWS

Addicted to Softballfans
Definitely a nice job this weekend fellas... as much as we all love swinging our own sticks, it's awesome not worrying about what someone 46 ft away from you is swinging.

Gabe, are you guys coming out to the Easton tourney this Saturday?

Dr. K

Addicted to Softballfans
Eden....your comment is pretty funny. LONG before Mando came out with "real skilz", ASA ran a few
supplied bat events (going back to the 90's) to help companies debut new product. Most of the events were in the pre-composite
era and were supported by Easton, Worth, and DeMarini and were very successful.
Over the last few years, our supplied bat events have been at the request of marketing directors/bat manufacturers
and retailers to help promote a certain product line. Obviously national organizations carry more clout in the retail market than
small independents....and that is why manufacturers come to us. Perfect example is the Budweiser/Easton event giving away $25,000
that we ran in 01/02.

Edee31

Star Player
Maybe there were provided bat tournaments run but you're talking the 90's and 2002 when the integrity of the game was much more true. The reason why provided bat tournaments are more successful and popular now is because it is a much more level playing field. Just saying.. .

I'm not going to make this a boxing match, thank you for your commenting and stating some facts that I was not aware of. BTW, congratulations to you and your directors on a good tourney this weekend.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Eden....your comment is pretty funny. LONG before Mando came out with "real skilz", ASA ran a few
supplied bat events (going back to the 90's) to help companies debut new product. Most of the events were in the pre-composite
era and were supported by Easton, Worth, and DeMarini and were very successful.
Over the last few years, our supplied bat events have been at the request of marketing directors/bat manufacturers
and retailers to help promote a certain product line. Obviously national organizations carry more clout in the retail market than
small independents....and that is why manufacturers come to us. Perfect example is the Budweiser/Easton event giving away $25,000
that we ran in 01/02

In for another one of these. lol

Wonder what the sandbagging would look like with a prize package that big on the table. lol

Dr. K

Addicted to Softballfans
For those that are don't know about the Bud/Easton event, I think it is something that will never be repeated in todays economy.
A series of qualifiers (6) was put together with only the winning team making the final event.
Roster & payment for the event had to be in 10 days in advance. NO roster changes were allowed after Wed. prior to the event. All players
had to check in and have their hand stamped. A player could be added on Sat morning ONLY if we knew you.
Most events Maxed out at 16-20 teams, depending on the venue. The Easton awards package for the qualifiers was sick.
1. Bats
2. Roller Bags
3. Back Packs
4. Jackets
5/6 Easton Shirts
Teams that qualified for the finals (sat) were treated to a tour of the Easton facility and a trip to Dodger stadium where it was free beer/hot dogs/soda in a tent set up outside the stadium prior to the Dodger game. In addition, the teams were given hotel rooms in Universal Studios the night prior to the event.
The finals were at Hjelte park in the San Fernando Valley and there were over 500 in the park watching the event. 6 teams playing for $25,000----
$15,000 for 1st and $10,000 for 2nd.

gfunk

<font color="#00008B">VATO LOCO</font>
Definitely a nice job this weekend fellas... as much as we all love swinging our own sticks, it's awesome not worrying about what someone 46 ft away from you is swinging.

Gabe, are you guys coming out to the Easton tourney this Saturday?

we would love 2 play utrip but to many things against us ....;);) the last time we played was the opener at wes covina and placed 2nd :eek::eek:prize was crew neck sweaters :mad::mad: i forgot how many team but there was alot of good e-teams out there;););););):rolleyes::rolleyes:
and the guys need a weekend off before we head to san diego asa

RollieA

Addicted to Softballfans
we would love 2 play utrip but to many things against us ....;);) the last time we played was the opener at wes covina and placed 2nd :eek::eek:prize was crew neck sweaters :mad::mad: i forgot how many team but there was alot of good e-teams out there;););););):rolleyes:

Oh I see in between the lines! Had to see what's out there but you already know where your playing. :rolleyes:

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
For those that are don't know about the Bud/Easton event, I think it is something that will never be repeated in todays economy.
A series of qualifiers (6) was put together with only the winning team making the final event.
Roster & payment for the event had to be in 10 days in advance. NO roster changes were allowed after Wed. prior to the event. All players
had to check in and have their hand stamped. A player could be added on Sat morning ONLY if we knew you.
Most events Maxed out at 16-20 teams, depending on the venue. The Easton awards package for the qualifiers was sick.
1. Bats
2. Roller Bags
3. Back Packs
4. Jackets
5/6 Easton Shirts
Teams that qualified for the finals (sat) were treated to a tour of the Easton facility and a trip to Dodger stadium where it was free beer/hot dogs/soda in a tent set up outside the stadium prior to the Dodger game. In addition, the teams were given hotel rooms in Universal Studios the night prior to the event.
The finals were at Hjelte park in the San Fernando Valley and there were over 500 in the park watching the event. 6 teams playing for $25,000----
$15,000 for 1st and $10,000 for 2nd.

That sounds legit. We are in if that ever comes back around.

Dr. K

Addicted to Softballfans
Like I said , In today economy I seriously doubt something like this would ever happen again.
It was pretty incredible because both companies kept putting more & more into the event and
it seemed like $$$ was no object.

AtomicWS

Addicted to Softballfans
we would love 2 play utrip but to many things against us ....;);) the last time we played was the opener at wes covina and placed 2nd :eek::eek:prize was crew neck sweaters :mad::mad: i forgot how many team but there was alot of good e-teams out there;););););):rolleyes::rolleyes:

So you're saying that Fat Rhinos IS playing this weekend... ha! Good luck

1shot

Worth Advisory Staff
Dr. K, I have all the new 454's and can provide for a future tourney. Call me, let's discuss.

BTW, WHO DOES THAT?!?! LOL

Last edited: