Can a 2-piece web be converted to a one-piece?

pidgeon

Can a 2-piece pitcher's web like the Wilson CK22 be relaced and converted into a one-piece like the X2? To my eyes it seems like a fairly straightforward conversion by removing the bottom of the web and relacing the holes. Am I missing anything?

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Simple, like you said.

What takes some thought is this: how will you fill the extra holes where the top of the lower piece was removed?

IMO it becomes an ugly conversion if you don't spend the $40 on a new one piece web with the proper number of holes. Do you want it to look like a CK22 that's missing a piece, or like a one piece web-swapped CK22?

One piece webs have 12 holes. Simply removing the bottom piece of a two piece web means you have 12 holes left, but the top portion only has 10.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Can a 2-piece pitcher's web like the Wilson CK22 be relaced and converted into a one-piece like the X2? To my eyes it seems like a fairly straightforward conversion by removing the bottom of the web and relacing the holes. Am I missing anything?
I'm gonna suggest against it. Even if you get a new web made to extend down to the next set of holes, the laces to reach down to the perlicue (crotch) of the glove will be waaay long. It will look weird at best. I don't think a baseball could come through, but those laces would take a lot of stress (you'd have to double them up for sure).

26298f3b0dbbd340cb034db83d284f51aacf5dca_wta20_2512727_4.jpg