Canadian 2-peice psycho

dlang00001

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone hit one of these? Any feed back?
Any better than the D-2-E version of the 2 piece psycho?
Just curious. They look nice. Wondering if they hit as good as they look.

Last edited:

wcoastsoftball

I will say I prefer the 1 ounce endload of the DTE over the Freak Black I had. I hit the DTE well, guys I know crush the black as well. Just depends on what you prefer. Won't go wrong either way I suppose.

JPG

Lefty
27141279661_e042e4ae96_b.jpg

I got a 26oz and with no grip tape it runs 25.7
The end load is minimal but it feels great on the light side.
I look forward to getting a 27oz soon. I think the mass will be better.

If I had to say this bat is a repaint I would say a new batch of a freak black yellow.
I had one and it was nice but for some reason I think this is some what much nicer out the wrapper.
I helped my buddy break in a Dee-two-e psycho and it took couple hundread hits and even then it still could use work to be great.
Not this bat.

This stick was fire and had killer distance from the get go. I have about 100 hits on mine and have hit balls further then bats I have put work in on.
I have hit just about ever miken for the last few years and this thing kills and would take my leader vote. Of course all the latest sticks are the hottest and I have to say the same thing about this thing. I didnt have any short pop and tin can sound like a dc41. I have a RI dc41 and I am not in the mood to break it in. Yeah it hits but it doesnt feel great or have a nice crack yet.

I hate to do it but I have to say. This sticks my latest fire and I have put it in my back up gamer slot.
If there is a bat I want to take to worlds this year and have it ready to pass and have confidence with it during the tourny it is going to be this thing. These kill.

JPG

Lefty
Some hits out the wrapper. This thing kills.
We hit half rocks and half 52.300's.
My foot was messed up during this bp so a lot of movement to baby it.

[ame]https://youtu.be/o9rnLDfcBQM[/ame]

single wally

Professional Amateur
I called the store that's selling them and apparently they are getting a lot of calls from the US trying to order this bat, me included. Bottom line is they don't ship to the US, so unless you have someone in Canada brokering a deal for you, you're SOL.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
This happens every time there is a good "Canadian exclusive" bat released; you yankees get all excited and try to find a "guy" north of the border or you pay crazy prices for used bats.

If you like endload get a DC41. If you don't like endload get a Freak Black. Enjoy your low American prices and free shipping on standard models and rest assured that you aren't missing out, we don't get better bats than you.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
This happens every time there is a good "Canadian exclusive" bat released; you yankees get all excited and try to find a "guy" north of the border or you pay crazy prices for used bats.

If you like endload get a DC41. If you don't like endload get a Freak Black. Enjoy your low American prices and free shipping on standard models and rest assured that you aren't missing out, we don't get better bats than you.

Hey don't come in here with your logical thinking and ruin a perfect hype thread :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

single wally

Professional Amateur
Bat is selling for $180 CAD, sign up for newsletter, 10% off first purchase, that comes out to $125 USD pre-shipping, so even with tax/shipping, you were looking at better deal than you can get in the US... That's called logic, not hype, my brethren.

EvoJace

HEY Buddy!!!! Us yankees dont get good bats Guy! We want your canadian bats Friend ! Alright Pal! :canada::haha::lol::lol::lmao::lmao: #SouthPark

Hiltz

Built for comfort
HEY Buddy!!!! Us yankees dont get good bats Guy! We want your canadian bats Friend ! Alright Pal! :canada::haha::lol::lol::lmao::lmao: #SouthPark

Listen buddy, I'm not your pal. Why don't you just buy a DC41 with your internet money, guy?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Bat is selling for $180 CAD, sign up for newsletter, 10% off first purchase, that comes out to $125 USD pre-shipping, so even with tax/shipping, you were looking at better deal than you can get in the US... That's called logic, not hype, my brethren.

That is a good point, but I was referring more to all the previous exclusives in general.

Reissue Easton Flex=B2
Mad Dawg=CL22
Blue Z2000=Green Z2000
etc...

I know in some cases there were guys on here paying crazy cash for exclusives. While locally you still see them sitting on the shelves, unsold.

single wally

Professional Amateur
That is a good point, but I was referring more to all the previous exclusives in general.

Reissue Easton Flex=B2
Mad Dawg=CL22
Blue Z2000=Green Z2000
etc...

I know in some cases there were guys on here paying crazy cash for exclusives. While locally you still see them sitting on the shelves, unsold.

Completely agree on those other sticks! That is definitely the norm, and this particular deal the exception.

JPG

Lefty
Tested it out in league and this things to hot for tv.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Q7Ow3MOyqdA[/ame]

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
Its funny because Miken said it was basically a repainted Freak Black from last year which would imply it was hot...The board seems to like it... But the reviews from Canada are saying to not even bother with this bat.

JPG

Lefty
I would agree it is a freak black but not the latest one because one is balanced and one is a sledge hammer.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Its funny because Miken said it was basically a repainted Freak Black from last year which would imply it was hot...The board seems to like it... But the reviews from Canada are saying to not even bother with this bat.

The reviews from Canada are saying not to freak out (pun intended) and pay stupid Mad Dawg prices for them. If you can get one for the sale price and have someone ship it to you, do it.

I would agree it is a freak black but not the latest one because one is balanced and one is a sledge hammer.

A friend bought one and he already owned a black/yellow Freak Black and a white DC41, all three in the same weight. He got me to swing them and give him my opinion. We both agreed that it felt more similar to his DC than his Freak Black. More endloaded than the Black, less endloaded than the DC, but closer to the DC.

JPG

Lefty
A friend bought one and he already owned a black/yellow Freak Black and a white DC41, all three in the same weight. He got me to swing them and give him my opinion. We both agreed that it felt more similar to his DC than his Freak Black. More endloaded than the Black, less endloaded than the DC, but closer to the DC.

Mine feels closer to my triad than to my dc.
I would say the triad is mom to the freak black and the psycho is the kid of the freak black.
I own them all and that's how I look at them as.

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
They are 180 plus 15% tax=207(or 162 plus 15% =186 with e coupon) and 30-35 cad to ship a single bat expedited business(your priority post)so 180-205 shipped usd...just to clarify...you can't buy them without paying our crazy taxes...and no, I am not trying to sell any..