Canadian vs US bats

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans
Hear me out…

I seem to remember back in the day people talking about how they preferred the Canadian version of a bat (the Catty maybe?) instead of the US? Soooooo is there still a difference in bats from different countries today? I couldn’t find a new Tyler Marshburn Genesis anywhere until I stumbled onto one on a Canadian competitors site. Do I need to be careful of this somehow being different, durability issues, etc or is that a thing of the past?

Last edited:
I agree that a number of Canadian competitor sites are selling this bat, but it was also selling on US sites as well. The site BPHero is associated with had them on sale earlier this year.

sun5150

They said if you buy a LS bat from Canada you have to deal with Canada if you need to return it.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I seem to remember back in the day people talking about how they preferred the Canadian version of a bat (the Catty maybe?) instead of the US? Soooooo is there still a difference in bats from different countries today?

There were some Canadian exclusive bats that were completely different and they had their own model numbers. The Canadian Catalyst was one of them.

For a regular production model (like the Marshburn) it doesn't matter what country you ordered from, they're the same.