Challenge

JOKER44

Addicted to Softballfans
CHALLENGE

Vector Team Sports presents the Reebok Northeast Challenge, featuring the most elite softball teams at mutiple levels in the Northeast Region of the country. Listed below are the dates of the 6 series tournaments included in the Reebok Northeast Challenge.

The Challenge is designed to promote “upper level” softball in the Northeast but is open to any level of team that wishes to join the series. Reebok has committed to some terrific prize packs: team sets of hoodies, batting jackets, sneakers, turfs, etc. There will also be team prizes and cash back for the highest finishing lower level teams; every team will have an equal chance to win prizes. There will be individual awards each tournament; like an all-tournament for both upper and lower level. Official stat’s will be kept and published; this series is a great opportunity for the younger guys to get noticed and picked up by a higher level team. A point system will be used to track the team standings to determine the overall Challenge winner.

There will be a small entry fee ($2-300) that will not be for our profit but to give back to the highest finishing lower level teams and also for some awards. Teams who enter will be required to play in 5 of the 6 events to win the “overall” prize but may play in less to be considered part of the “series” and win tournament awards.

We have set up a page on our website titled “Challenge” where the series info will be. I would also suggest that interested team managers email us their team name and email address so that we can send out series related info direct to the team managers as it comes available. There may be space limitations so interested teams should contact us immediately.

This Challenge is for all of our enjoyment and designed to recreate the competitive atmosphere of the "Northeast Shootout" and the "Firecracker" more than just twice per year so we all appreciate your support and hope with this years success to grow the Challenge in coming years.

JOKER44

Addicted to Softballfans
Huzzy me too, I really do... it gives alot of exposure to guys that otherwise wouldn't get it, plus it is affordable and allows the best to play all the time against the best...

huzzdog

retired
Huzzy me too, I really do... it gives alot of exposure to guys that otherwise wouldn't get it, plus it is affordable and allows the best to play all the time against the best...

the format works great at the top level.. no reason they can't start to regionalize the same program.. it's hard to come up with 80 grand to play softball. Teams will move up across the board if this takes off.. no reason to play down if you don't have to. e teams can go back to being an introductory level.. and hopefully participation for this sport we love can be big again