Cheap Practice Equipment

asatbender

Just trying to find a way to work on getting better at hitting and my team rarely has practice.

Practice net - Any thoughts on those $40 practice nets on Ebay?

Tee - suggestions

Bat - below $50

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Don't cheap out on a pitching screen. I did and the first time it took a hit to one of the uprights, a weld ripped completely free from the base.

Committed

My recommendations:
Net- Bownet Big Mouth
Tee - G tee adjustable 26”-53”
Bat- get an older Easton, Boombah or some cheap wood bats that will provide durability.

blakcherry329

Any of the "Bownet" nets are ok. I have a Powernet that I got for $60 and it's basically the same as a Bownet for 1/2 the price. Never had any issues and it was severely tested this year with all the COVID-19 BP we took in May and June. A few direct hits with a former baseball player that definitely would have done some damage had the net been cheaply made.
Bats are easy to find under $50.

Committed

2016 Bomb Squad is a decent starting point. I’m not very knowledgeable on bats, bud. Good luck!

dunno

An adjustable foldable tee can easily be made with a thrift store camera tripod. Remove the top and hose clamp a rubber cone made from scrap inner tube. A wannabeeTanner tee.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a tee at meijer for 7 bucks the other day. It's end of season for retail stores.

thevipofdbz

Damme 00mega
ukket 7x7 Baseball & Softball Net, Practice Hitting, Pitching, Batting and Catching, Backstop Screen Equipment Training Aids, Includes Carry Bag (7x7ft Net & Bag)

What i got off of amazon I have not hit over yet but close a few times. holding up well. suppose to have a life time warranty. No issues yet.

Tee 20 or so
Bat just check on ebay, or here, find a cheap bat similar to what you swing in the game.
Any old easton or tps would last just about forever 2008 range. Or get a cheaper newer bat with stamps so if you like it you can use it as your new bat.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a tee at meijer for 7 bucks the other day. It's end of season for retail stores.
Hmm Meijer around here haven't started end of season sales, although they have had two different size practice nets on sale here and there tjese ladt several weeks until just this week, they are at reg price again. Been keepin an eye on the 7×7 to get too less than $70, for my grandson and i