ASA cheater

jarman

Addicted to Softballfans
Does ASA have a ruling when a bat is challenged and it turns out to be a usssa bat. Bad thing was we challenged the bat and the ump hands the bat back to the batter to hit. And then the next inning she checks the bat again and realizes she made a mistake.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
The first time she checked the bat and said it was fine, you should have protested the game. It was an incorrect ruling by stating that a post-2000 bat without certification stamps was an approved bat. You guys missed that one.

The correct penalty for someone entering the batter's box with a non-approved bat is that they are called out and ejected from the game. You can only call the current batter out for having the bat in the batter's box, OR the previous batter for using the bat if it's before a pitch is delivered to the next batter. If a team's been using the bat all night, that's too bad.

JoeG3

Doesnt matter, had sex
The first time she checked the bat and said it was fine, you should have protested the game. It was an incorrect ruling by stating that a post-2000 bat without certification stamps was an approved bat. You guys missed that one.

The correct penalty for someone entering the batter's box with a non-approved bat is that they are called out and ejected from the game. You can only call the current batter out for having the bat in the batter's box, OR the previous batter for using the bat if it's before a pitch is delivered to the next batter. If a team's been using the bat all night, that's too bad.

Catchers need to be educated.

We played an ASA tourney down in Overland Park where a team was hitting seeds all over, but was still a tight game. We did some subbing and moved a new guy behind the plate around the 5th. First batter for them digs in, catcher turns to the ump and says "Thats an illegal bat, I'll wait over here." and walked over to the dugout. They'd been swinging a Freak+ the whole game. Ump just told them to put it away, but w/e.

Course the team got all whiney and tried to start an altercation, calling us bitches and saying it was a ***** move and whut-not.

We :rolleyes: at them cheaters and won the tourney. Ho hum.

i try looking from the mound to see what bats are being used,but it is hard for me sometimes to tell,most catchers we have don't know the diff in bats...oh well.glad to see the clowns get caught,figures they would cry like little biotches....

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
That's why it pays to have a catcher who actually knows the ASA bat sheet
since most umps won't do pre-game inspections that would rule out
80-90% of all initial problems.

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans
Its a ***** move when a player/team knowingly uses a bat that is not approved for sanctioned play...

Tmeltjr84

Outstanding Bad Dealer
we had an umpire let a team use usssa bats because and i quote "they arent on the non approved list". i was thrown out after i wanted to appeal the game

ar2x7

Substance & Style
personally caught one team using an SCN6, SCN16BH, & A Syn 2 in an ASA CO ED Game ! ... and i wasnt even in that game, new the ump and pointed it out through the fence lol...

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
I got really pissed last year, in like game 3 of a tournament. We were 2-0, playing a team that was 2-0. I noticed an OG Jeff Hall Mayhem in their dugout prior to the game. I didn't think anything of it, cause I see it all the time as they were hitting bp in the soccer field next door.

leadoff batter walks up, steps into the box. I waited, when he got completely in the box and ready to hit. I called time. I said "hey, this guy is using an illegal bat, with no ASA stamps and the rule is that he is out and ejected from the game"

The ump just pulled the bat from play, should we have protested the game?

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
i try looking from the mound to see what bats are being used,but it is hard for me sometimes to tell,most catchers we have don't know the diff in bats...oh well.glad to see the clowns get caught,figures they would cry like little biotches....

I can tell the make of every bat from the mound.

jarman

Addicted to Softballfans

I told the coach, and I had him wait for the batter to take a pitch, at that point the bat was checked and handed back tothe batter. When the ump checked again and realized her mistake, our coach went to go talk to her about the penalty, she SCREAMED at our coach to stay back and do not approach her. At the end of the game our coach went to protest and she said we waited too long, game is over. Our coach replied you did not allow me to approach you, she simply turned around and said I am not listening to this. And walked off. The LD was behind the back stop the WHOLE game.

billb013

Lovin' the Boobs
Its a ***** move when a player/team knowingly uses a bat that is not approved for sanctioned play...

Yeah, plus they whine and say who cares, you can use yours too. Sure, I would like to, but I signed up for a league knowing what the bat rules are and accepting them. If they hate using asa bats that much, don't sign up for an asa league.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't stand when teams do this. I play in an ASA church league...a church league (keep that in mind).. and I hit a little single. While standing on first, I notice the other team has a Recoil in their dugout (orange NSA, not ASA). I figured nothing of it. Guy gets up to bat and CRACKS the ball at me in left...a one hopper. I yell out "Check that bat, ump! It's illegal. Automatic out." He gave the bat to them and said not to do it again, but no out, no ejection. As we shake hands after the game, the guys were like "Thanks for calling us out! We need all the help we can get and you screwed us over." Really?? I screwed you over? Play by the rules. This was the same team that brought a shaved bat to the end of the season tourney. Man up and play the game the right way.

oppo

Coach
I got really pissed last year, in like game 3 of a tournament. We were 2-0, playing a team that was 2-0. I noticed an OG Jeff Hall Mayhem in their dugout prior to the game. I didn't think anything of it, cause I see it all the time as they were hitting bp in the soccer field next door.

leadoff batter walks up, steps into the box. I waited, when he got completely in the box and ready to hit. I called time. I said "hey, this guy is using an illegal bat, with no ASA stamps and the rule is that he is out and ejected from the game"

The ump just pulled the bat from play, should we have protested the game?
Actually, it is a non-approved bat, not an illegal bat. If were only an illegal bat, the bat should be removed and the batter called out but not ejected.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
Or man up and play U-trip instead of GAYSA... You guys would probably cry and whine when a ball is hit there too though....:rolleyes::rolleyes: so yeah... stay in ASA....;)